GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:For real, I had a dream last night where I checked BoC's Instagram and there was a new post from them and it was a video playing the song "Wouldn't You Like to Be Free?" from Play By Numbers.

BoC are advertising their new album to me in my dreams and "Wouldn't You Like to Be Free?" is apparently on the new album.

I've never had my mind blown by any of those early samples, with the exception of WYLTBF. It's so damn good. My Bloody Valentine in IDM form, though less romantic and more cool in that BOC-esque way.

If we get any kind of archival release, I want this track to be on it even more than named tracks we haven't heard before.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
demo wrote:For real, I had a dream last night where I checked BoC's Instagram and there was a new post from them and it was a video playing the song "Wouldn't You Like to Be Free?" from Play By Numbers.

BoC are advertising their new album to me in my dreams and "Wouldn't You Like to Be Free?" is apparently on the new album.

Lmao I've had a dream where I woke up and the early releases in vinyl format were on the end of my bed. I can even remember seeing one of the students's bowl cut clearer on the Hooper Bay cover than the original 200x200 image we're familiar with.
Image ImageImage

Dayvan Cowboy
The closer we get to Jan 22nd, the better this silence from Warp looks. They're either building something up behind the scenes or they're on extended holiday. I'm going to be the glass half full and go with the former.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:The closer we get to Jan 22nd, the better this silence from Warp looks. They're either building something up behind the scenes or they're on extended holiday. I'm going to be the glass half full and go with the former.

Always appreciate the optimism.

That MDG login from last week definitely made me think something new is finally about to happen.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:The closer we get to Jan 22nd, the better this silence from Warp looks. They're either building something up behind the scenes or they're on extended holiday. I'm going to be the glass half full and go with the former.

I think I've reached peak anticipation, I need to start calming myself down. I promised myself I wouldn't get disappointed if nothing happens, but yeah, the silence is definitely raising my hopes...

Posts Quantity
I think AFX has something up his sleeve--he's been dropping great tracks here and there for the past year. Here's some new acid madness: https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/boxenergy4remix1-1

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:I think AFX has something up his sleeve--he's been dropping great tracks here and there for the past year. Here's some new acid madness: https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/boxenergy4remix1-1

I so badly want this to be the year of both an Aphex Twin and a BOC release!

When was the last time that happened? The 90s?

Posts Quantity
RDJ Album and Hi Scores in 1996!

drukQs came out in 2001, but BOC pushed back the release of Geogaddi.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:RDJ Album and Hi Scores in 1996!

Damn, if we're lucky this is going to be as rare as Jupiter and Saturn aligning haha :D

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:I think AFX has something up his sleeve--he's been dropping great tracks here and there for the past year. Here's some new acid madness: https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/boxenergy4remix1-1

FYI, not a new track.

A low bitrate version was first released on the Rephlex site in the mid-2000s, then a version with better quality was uploaded in the original Soundcloud dump in 2015.

Lots of things keep disappearing and re-appearing on his Soundcloud. A few new bits went up around a year ago but everything else is old news, sadly.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sherbet Head wrote:

FYI, not a new track.

Probably for the best it's not new. More chance of us getting BOC first :wink:

Posts Quantity
This is a complete stab in the dark but if a new release is imminent we have a lovely palindrome coming up in February 12/02/2021 it falls on a Friday too which is when most new music comes out,

(I want to believe) :|

Posts Quantity
Twentington wrote:This is a complete stab in the dark but if a new release is imminent we have a lovely palindrome coming up in February 12/02/2021 it falls on a Friday too which is when most new music comes out

That's one nice looking date.

Eagle Minded
It really is. Good spottin' Twentington!

The only thing raising my doubt is that it would be an unusually short period of time between announcement and release, if the pioneer date is of significance. Warp always announce new releases 6 weeks in advance, and of course the gap between our two speculated dates is only 3 weeks. Basically, if something were to come out on 12/02/2021, it would have been announced already.

Posts Quantity
Sherbet Head wrote:It really is. Good spottin' Twentington!

The only thing raising my doubt is that it would be an unusually short period of time between announcement and release, if the pioneer date is of significance. Warp always announce new releases 6 weeks in advance, and of course the gap between our two speculated dates is only 3 weeks. Basically, if something were to come out on 12/02/2021, it would have been announced already.

You have the same pfp as someone who was here in 2005, got confused lol
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Zephyr Method wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:It really is. Good spottin' Twentington!

You have the same pfp as someone who was here in 2005, got confused lol

Apologies for the confusion! It was one of the stock avatars and I lazily chose it when I signed up.

I've updated to something a bit more individual (hopefully, lol)

Dayvan Cowboy
My prediction for the 22nd is that it's not a release date, it's simply the final transmission for BOC and a pre-order for whatever it is! Perhaps for a new website like Coshecha Transmissiones or a new video like Reach For The Dead?

The actual album/collection will be released later in Febuary. Or what would be even cooler is that the floodgates are open for archival releases all throughout the next few years.

If things don't happen on Jan 22nd, well I got nothing. So here's hoping that the date and Warp's silence are connected. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
After a long silence from Warp, everyone's favorite duo appeared on the Instagram feed today...

Are you ready for it?

Here it comes...

Jockstrap!

Fortunately, it's not a release. Simply a post about them performing live somewhere. The release window's still open...:P

Eagle Minded
Performing live?

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:Performing live?

The Instagram feed basically said, "Tonight (now yesterday in the UK) we play Eurosonic!"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada