Daft Punk Break Up

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Daft Punk Call It Quits

My other favorite band that hasn't released a record since 2013. It had seemed like they were showing signs of life, too, putting out an extended version of the TRON Soundtrack, so pretty unexpected.

I'm sad.

Eagle Minded
Saw this, pretty sad about it - they've always had a place in my heart. Honestly makes me a bit concerned about our other favorite band, as irrational as that may be..

Dayvan Cowboy
Sad news. Not saying they were my favorite electronic act. But they have some of the best electronic music pieces. Also I had a dream I would able to see them live one day...

Eagle Minded
Fuck... RIP indeed. Saddened.

Site Admin
This news saddens me. Never ever new Daft Punk anymore, ever :(
I do wonder if they struggle to excel RAM. Let's hope this all is part of a plan to re-unite in 5-10 years!

They ended their farewell video with repeating "If love is the answer, you're home" from the track Touch. The song itself does have a second part where it sort of comes to life again... I like the thought of telling myself they will come back again. Gives me a horizon to look at as I was very curious what they will come up with after Random Access Memories, which is a masterpiece.

Kiss, suddenly alive
Happiness arrive
Hunger like a storm
How do I begin?
A room within a room
A door behind a door
Touch, where do you lead?
I need something more
Tell me what you see
I need something more
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
I was there to see the media putting Daft Punk at a pedestal when RAM came out, after 20 years of never releasing a "best new music" album they suddenly became the most important IDM band ever. Not to say their music was bad, but it never was as culturally relevant as the media made it up to be.

Dayvan Cowboy
Interesting. They already were making music for Disney in 2010. And me and my friends were raving about their live shows at that time. Tho, the pre-discovery era was pretty ancient, I hardly remember anything from that time. People were saying, that they had influence on many people, at that time.

Return to This Random Sound