One on Twoism volume 7, how to continue?

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

How to continue?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Re-open contributions and postpone the release of OoT7
59%
Continue with OoT7 and let someone else do the mixing
32%
End the One on Twoism project
3%
Something else.... (please explain)
6%

Total votes: 34

Happy Cycler
It begins again, my friend, that we may collab once more to hammer in a shared nail.

For great justice.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
747, I'm in Syracuse again very soon for a while and I really wish to meet you at some point. You're the friend you barely talk to and hardly take notes on but know emotionally. I hope to jam someday.

Eagle Minded
Maybe we could have more of an “aesthetics” theme.... like blissful tracks, lo-fi experimental tracks, shoegaze tracks, or sci-fi/ost.... or “yin/yang” themes or something like that.... or even... “give us your best skill track...” lol

New Seed
Hey, if you don't want to do it, I'll take over the mix. I don't care about money or licensing or anything like that. Just send me the tracks and I'll make some theme out of it. 8)

Happy Cycler
The show must go on.

Eagle Minded
I think it would be really cool if we did a Twoism Presents Boards of Canada cover compilation someday... there is a lot of talent on these forums and I am sure some very interesting takes would be produced.

Eagle Minded
Soul_Slip wrote:I think it would be really cool if we did a Twoism Presents Boards of Canada cover compilation someday... there is a lot of talent on these forums and I am sure some very interesting takes would be produced.

Up-voting this!
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
Once the boiler room is done, i'll help you add a couple of mine. Without a url in my magic window in the clouds if you could reach the sky.

Nova Scotia Robot
somefuckinrando wrote:Hey, if you don't want to do it, I'll take over the mix. I don't care about money or licensing or anything like that. Just send me the tracks and I'll make some theme out of it. 8)

Jason?? Eyesix making a comeback?

lol, a poor joke, but in good fun.

Posts Quantity
What’s everyone’s favorite one on Twoism volume / tracks

And is 7 gonna Happen?
**If you can be told what you can see or read, then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.**

Happy Cycler
Anyone's game (unofficially).

We didn't have enough cohesion for VII to happen under the proposed idea. I worked through enough ideas seeing that being the primary issue.

I'm down for any collaboration this community still wants.

Eagle Minded
I'd really like to be a part of a community-made compilation like this! please lets make something happen :)
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
I'd like to take part in any kind of project here. Off the top, my random suggestion would be we make a library record. Choose a style & time period and work on it. It would be cool if we made a jingles record, or contribute a tune with a couple different versions, like different lengths or with/without certain tracks like drums, or drums only etc. Maybe even put it up on audiojungle or some other service used for selling music.

Posts Quantity
How about setting out some set of basic "rules" to optimise track-cohesion like:
- bpm between 76 and 89 (multiples or divisions in whole numbers allowed)
- max. 6 audio tracks
- sounds/notes max 66
- max 6'66' tracklength
(par example)
no mastering on entries, sufficient headroom supplied
The nutter who proposes the idea, or someone else, volunteers for mastering the selection
And than it gets mixed
Attempt to persuade bleep for sales requiring everyones permission to sell the tracks for the benefit server-support or who knows to pay for a meetup for the mods and 'staff'
whooosh

Happy Cycler
PadraïK wrote:How about setting out some set of basic "rules" to optimise track-cohesion like:
- bpm between 76 and 89 (multiples or divisions in whole numbers allowed)
- max. 6 audio tracks
- sounds/notes max 66
- max 6'66' tracklength
(par example)
no mastering on entries, sufficient headroom supplied
The nutter who proposes the idea, or someone else, volunteers for mastering the selection
And than it gets mixed
Attempt to persuade bleep for sales requiring everyones permission to sell the tracks for the benefit server-support or who knows to pay for a meetup for the mods and 'staff'

Been a while! Glad you stopped by!

Friendly Stranger
somehow, I've managed to miss being on every single one of these albums. I'm up for contributing a Cult48 track if it's still going ahead.....

Eagle Minded
Phade Rhombus wrote:somehow, I've managed to miss being on every single one of these albums. I'm up for contributing a Cult48 track if it's still going ahead.....

I can't believe Cult48 ISN'T on any of these releases!

I think it's time for the talent inside of this forum to pour out into the world so that others can bear witness to how totally fucking amazing so many of you are!

BoC force-created a repository of information and the proper sense of nostalgia in the minds of every fan which has been given sufficient time to grow into fully formed concepts and ideas that are SEPARATE from BoC. I'm ready for this to become a recognized genre or style, distinct from anything else, not trying to sound like BoC, but being a different entity all-together.

Interviews! Podcasts! Tutorials! Actual interaction with your fans! (Hear that, boys?)

I'm here to be a friend and a companion, but at the end of the day, if you put something completely amazing out into the world, I'm going to snatch a copy, listen until my ears swell shut, then go looking for more.

It's also high time all of us celebrate the insane amount of talent within the walls of this community. I know this isn't anything new that I'm saying, but there seems to have been an increase in activity - really fucking good music - from the forum and I am in love again.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Happy Cycler
We could really use someone at the helm of this project again. There is so much potential here. Not just the comps, but so much more.

Happy Cycler
Maybe a discord for discussion?

Jonse wrote:Maybe a discord for discussion?

We have a Twoism discord server. I created the #twoism-records channel just now.

https://twoism.org/discord

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records