GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
EvilTexan wrote:Hey all, long time lurker - first real post :shock:

I've got 2 things:

1) Since we're all just postulating on the information drip, figured I may as well throw my hat in the ring for something odd I noticed while refreshing all the sites all afternoon.

This meme post: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... re_moving/

What got my attention is that it's a really bad deepfake, just like the "I Feel Good" HI deepfake is not "top quality" either - but that seems to be almost intentional. The content of what is being said in the video alludes to a group of observers recognizing that it's an attempt to make a "full dimensional" video or display of the brothers. I'm thinking the sampled audio may be referencing holograms/androids/clones, it'd be interesting to find the source for context.

This is posted on the same day as the HI facebook deepfake with a brand new account made seemingly to only post that video. This account confirms that it is a deepfake in the comments (twice, oddly enough) today at around the same time the Twitter likes are going out, but then it doesn't interact with any other thread all day today. Given that the name of the account is BoardsOfBadadada, it very well could be a throwaway troll account or some random meme one of you all made (if so - kudos).

I'm grasping at straws, but with the flurry of activity going on, we may as well grasp at everything. Which leads me to point number two...

2) Why don't we ask MDG about what's going on?

I read over a lot of BOCpages and he seems like a generally nice dude in most of the interactions he's had with Twoism and WATMM in the past. He hasn't said anything in a long time, but was last online ~2 weeks ago. He could confirm whether it's hackers or intentional at least.

I'm not sure if I'm committing a massive faux pas by even asking about him, but it couldn't hurt to ask what you all think about it.

Thanks for humoring me, I think we're onto something.

No worries with these questions. We all ask them at some point while we're here. Only thing you gotta watch out for, especially on reddit, is the fakers. While the Catherine Fell thing was going on last summer, so many people piggy-backed off it with their own imitations and false leads. I feel people are going to do the same with this semi-legit wave of activity. So I'd be skeptical if it didn't come from any official BOC accounts and/or is posted from a throwaway account on reddit.

As for MDG, I'm sure he'll show up soon enough if this is fake. He tends to exist as a gatekeeper for these sort of things. He's shut down tons of fake stuff that could potential harm the band's image.

Welcome to the ride btw :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded

I've got 2 things:

1) Since we're all just postulating on the information drip, figured I may as well throw my hat in the ring for something odd I noticed while refreshing all the sites all afternoon.

What got my attention is that it's a really bad deepfake, just like the "I Feel Good" HI deepfake is not "top quality" either - but that seems to be almost intentional. The content of what is being said in the video alludes to a group of observers recognizing that it's an attempt to make a "full dimensional" video or display of the brothers. I'm thinking the sampled audio may be referencing holograms/androids/clones, it'd be interesting to find the source for context.

This is posted on the same day as the HI facebook deepfake with a brand new account made seemingly to only post that video. This account confirms that it is a deepfake in the comments (twice, oddly enough) today at around the same time the Twitter likes are going out, but then it doesn't interact with any other thread all day today. Given that the name of the account is BoardsOfBadadada, it very well could be a throwaway troll account or some random meme one of you all made (if so - kudos).

I'm grasping at straws, but with the flurry of activity going on, we may as well grasp at everything. Which leads me to point number two...

I read over a lot of BOCpages and he seems like a generally nice dude in most of the interactions he's had with Twoism and WATMM in the past. He hasn't said anything in a long time, but was last online ~2 weeks ago. He could confirm whether it's hackers or intentional at least.

I'm not sure if I'm committing a massive faux pas by even asking about him, but it couldn't hurt to ask what you all think about it.

The audio used in that video is concourse i'm pretty sure, could be another fan trying to gamejack but could be legit.
Also, MDG not saying anything only makes us more sure that all this (the banner change, i feel good deepfake) is for real
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
Also, welcome to the forum. We'd love to see you here more often :)

Posts Quantity
What’s the exact date the pioneer plaque appeared on the Hell Interface page again?

Did Sheol Boundary add it on their page the same day, a day later - or several days before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:What’s the exact date the pioneer plaque appeared on the Hell Interface page again?

Did Sheol Boundary add it on their page the same day, a day later - or several days before?

The pioneer plaque appeared on the hell interface facebook page april 5th 2021 this week, sheol boundary has had it there since creation i'm pretty sure

Eagle Minded

I've got 2 things:

I made that reddit video
I was too ashamed to post it with my real account so I made a throwaway one
:lol: Sorry for any confusion
yes, i would love to be free!

Friendly Stranger
NorthSaturnian wrote:

I've got 2 things:

I made that reddit video

Welp, mystery solved then. I enjoyed it fwiw :)
"The only real way to see is to trip so hard that you imagine your place in the real world, then open your eyes and see if your right"

Eagle Minded
EvilTexan wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:I made that reddit video

Welp, mystery solved then. I enjoyed it fwiw :)

Thanks, It's the stupidest thing I've ever made

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:What’s the exact date the pioneer plaque appeared on the Hell Interface page again?

The pioneer plaque appeared on the hell interface facebook page april 5th 2021 this week, sheol boundary has had it there since creation i'm pretty sure
So your saying Sheol Boundary had the pioneer plaque banner image there since 2013!? That’s a big mindfu*k!!!

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:
So your saying Sheol Boundary had the pioneer plaque banner image there since 2013!? That’s a big mindfu*k!!!

I'm honestly not too sure but i thought i read somewhere in this thread that someone came across the vid a while back and remembered the banner being there like 3-5 years ago about?

Eagle Minded
Sorry, I'm probably wrong on second glance haha

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:

I don't believe there's any recorded evidence it was there before March 27 of this year unless funnnpng has something I don't know. But the Whitney pic was there at the time of the channel's creation in 2013. The only thing in support of it being pioneer longer ago is a vague memory I have that it might have been. Wish I remembered better.
Last edited by egbdf on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

Eagle Minded
Ooh, i'm getting the whitney pic and the banner mixed up. Silly me.
Sorry to get your hopes up for a second there, pernicious!

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:Image

Was the banner always this for Marcus's unconfirmed twitter account?

X marcus the spot?

Scottish flag, maybe?

Sherbet Head
NorthSaturnian wrote:
demo wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:Image

Was the banner always this for Marcus's unconfirmed twitter account?

X marcus the spot?

Scottish flag, maybe?

Interesting theory on the scottish flag.
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:

Sorry, what date did the pioneer plaque appear on the Hell Interface YouTube page?

Eagle Minded
PerniciousKnid wrote:Sorry, what date did the pioneer plaque appear on the Hell Interface YouTube page?

OH! Now that i don't know.

Sherbet Head
PerniciousKnid wrote:Sorry, what date did the pioneer plaque appear on the Hell Interface YouTube page?

September 7th 2020 seems to be the earliest date it was referenced here, not sure whether that's when it actually changed or just the first time somebody noticed though
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
What was the date the Pioneer Plaque was uploaded to the Hell Interface Youtube last year?

Eagle Minded
About the resolution of the HI youtube profile pic. It appears you can get a larger version from youtube: https://yt3.ggpht.com/ytc/AAUvwnij4IrNg ... ffff-no-rj

But there's still the whole thing about 2011 being before 2013. Unless the HI youtube pic was set longer ago.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada