Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Hey all, I've been a lurker for years and finally joined during lockdown last year. I got into BoC around the 2014 mark, I knew of them before through a MrSuicideSheep 'Forgotten Dreams' mix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9qavey27Kc

I was obsessed with this mix when I was around aged 17 at college and used to listen to the Wrm remix of Olson, but never thought to explore BoC further until I was around 20, then down the rabbit hole I went. First song I heard that sold me was IABPOITC then the rest was history, as they say.

Looking forward to interacting with you all more on this journey of following the bros :)

New Seed
hello everyone im new one from russia
хочу винил geogaddi

Eagle Minded
Hi everyone I'm not new here, just made a new account. Used to post as "TaoTapeTao"

NTFMTS wrote:Hi everyone I'm not new here, just made a new account. Used to post as "TaoTapeTao"

Why the new account? Dupes are not really allowed actually. At least you're open about it. ;)

Eagle Minded
Oo I didn't realize that, I'm sorry / can delete this one if that is necessary. Just the sign in info was very outdated and the email linked to the account expired (it was a university given .edu that they removed)

New Seed
I'm Quants. I couldn't figure out how to change the name on my old account (WakkoWnr) so I created a new one. I don't know how okay that is, I'm guessing it isn't from the post directly above me. Dunno what's gonna happen to me... if need be I can delete this account and just make do with the old one, which I preferably would like to avoid as that other account was meant for a character I no longer play online. Don't use this board much anyway. But about me, I like music and linguistics mostly. I draw sometimes but I'm bad at it. I made remasters of the Old Tunes tapes (and R35TT) which can be found on my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCAs6KyfzUXF8tbHPXQPIN0g

New Seed
SmokesQuantitys wrote:I'm Quants. I couldn't figure out how to change the name on my old account (WakkoWnr) so I created a new one. I don't know how okay that is, I'm guessing it isn't from the post directly above me. Dunno what's gonna happen to me... if need be I can delete this account and just make do with the old one, which I preferably would like to avoid as that other account was meant for a character I no longer play online. Don't use this board much anyway. But about me, I like music and linguistics mostly. I draw sometimes but I'm bad at it. I made remasters of the Old Tunes tapes (and R35TT) which can be found on my YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCAs6KyfzUXF8tbHPXQPIN0g

Basically I created my original account when I was basically playing the character Wakko Warner from Animaniacs everywhere online. I've mostly been able to change my username on all websites that I used that name on except for this one. I saw no alternative but to create a new account, which I thought would be fine until I read this thread and saw that dupes aren't allowed... now I don't know what to do. Do what you must I guess, again, I don't even really use this board much. I just wanted to be current with my choice of username. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have created this account.

New Seed
I've been a Boards of Canada fan for years. I'm in the US in Michigan. I like to try to make music and I enjoy listening to all kinds of music.

Eagle Minded
ayy i love your blog!

Boqurant
hiya everyone,

i first found out about BOC upon the release of SxT, and i've listened to them non-stop since then. i wouldn't hesitate to say that they're my favorite band of all time.
first track i ever heard from them was Julie And Candy, I believe. my fav track nowadays is ATP-07.

some of my interests are drawing (poorly), taking long aimless walks to the middle of nowhere, photography, or making horrid music :D

anyways.. seeya later

New Seed
Hello everyone :D
Started to listen to BoC ~3 years ago.
My interests include nature, maths, photography, film, and gaming.

Friendly Stranger
First heard BoC in about '08 (discounting the snippets used on Top Gear) and was deeply captivated by their music for the next few years as a teenager. I still love BoC, but to be honest listening to music has never been quite as intense for me as it was when I was that age.

I've been lurking here on and off since at least 2010, when I distinctly remember browsing the forum during lunch breaks on a summer job. It's nice to see several of you have stuck around for all this time and that there's a healthy population of new users. Been visiting more often lately and figured I might as well step out of the shadows.

I'm in the UK and, like a lot of you, I also make electronic music.

Posts Quantity
Glad to have you on board!
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

New Seed
Hi All!

I'm a music maker/ sun stare-er from lower New York.
I first found out about BoC after my sister handed me down an old chunky iPod classic in 2004, when I was in 4th grade. She had loaded up choice-picks (downloaded from questionable sources) from MHTRTC, Twoism, and Geogaddi, along with other European-based electronic musicians. Blew my mind, I can't describe how grateful I am for that exposure.

From there, I grew to love music deeply; music has carried me through every chapter of my life. Music has kept me alive. BoC was always there, of course. Before setting of for college, I started making music on my own and releasing it on a soundcloudhttps://soundcloud.com/ethan-440833004. I never try to market my music; I love making it for myself and for my friends. I keep that principle close to my chest. (But if you'd like to listen, please feel free)

My friends persuaded me to make a Spotifyhttps://open.spotify.com/artist/4Rkx27BUGKtgIBZO1fZXHS?si=gLUv9KEzTTeZM_dOfsT3aw&dl_branch=1, so I did.

I'm active on r/BoardsofCanada, I've lurked here a little bit, but this is my first post. I already know I love you all. None of my irl friends like BoC, so if any of you are in the Long Island area and would like to grab a beer, hmu. First round's on me

Cheers!

New Seed
Good now friends,

I am an avid music maker, i use my soundcloud as a private centre for all my music (https://soundcloud.com/user-78889218) DM me if you want some ;), all inspired by BOC, Aphex, and a whole lot more.

Here to scour the web for BOCs unreleased works, they're out there somewhere (i hope so lol)

Peace and love

Posts Quantity
I'm Casey from right outside of Orlando Florida. In the last few years, I have become much more in love with this community and Boards Of Canada as a whole. Something very special indeed. I appreciate all of you and I hope to actually meet other fans some day! I try to share with friends and family, but it does not seem to click with them. oh well, anyway - Hi! Sincerely, me.

New Seed
hi, i'm a boards of canada follower from india. i like to listen to their music and understand the complexity behind their songs

New Seed
Hey all, long time fan of BoC. My friend introduced me to Roygbiv 11 years ago in grade 6 and i've been hooked since.
Born and raised in Ontario, Canada, and currently attending McMaster Uni for Mech Eng.

Dayvan Cowboy
hello everyone!

Posts Quantity
Hi all.

Have been reading the boards for years.

And have been listening to Boards for even longer.
1986 Summer Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada