Faqt and Trax (Italian) magazine scans

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
New to bocpages are two interviews:
1998 Faqt  magazine interview by Walt Miller
and
2005 Trax (Italian) magazine interview by Damir Ivic

The 1998 Faqt interview is short and sweet, similar to the 1998 Massive interview. Faqt was a small fanzine publication based in York, PA in connection with Minefield Records. I believe this is the first time seeing this interview out in the wild, which is always exciting.

In this interview BoC talk about their work ethic, certain facades of the electronic music scene at the time, their use of melody, and their use of film, including a mention of the infamous "large film project" that never came to pass.
Also on page 7 in this issue there is a small "Artist Survey" section where several artists were asked who their pop culture heroes were when they were 12 years old.
For Marcus it was Masaaki Hatsumi, the martial artist (Ninjutsu) and founder of the Bujinkan Dojo, and for Michael it was Ted Neeley, of Jesus Christ Superstar fame of course.

The 2005 Trax Italian interview some of you might already have seen out on the web; has been posted on an Italian music site since Tomorrow's Harvest days. It's one of the better interviews out there in my opinion. 

They talk a bit about some of the subliminal (false) messages in Geogaddi, the re-release of Twoism, creative processes that come with being a duo rather than a band, making remixes and producing for other artists, the role of marketing, and what kind of the listening experience they were aiming for with TCH. My favorite bit is when they talked a little about the pre-twoism cassette releases, always a fascinating topic especially as of lately. ;) 
even our very first things, the almost quasi-rock ones, weren't that bad
  this quote gives the impression that they aren't embarrassed of their older work.

Boqurant
Amazing!
Thanks for putting this together ZosoCon.

Eagle Minded
Lots of gems in these - thanks for sharing!
preparation for a dive.

Happy Cycler
Makes me think that some of those quasi rock tracks on the random 35 track tape might be among the oldest things we have heard by them.

Eagle Minded
Glad to share!

mechanismj wrote:Makes me think that some of those quasi rock tracks on the random 35 track tape might be among the oldest things we have heard by them.
Yeah I'm thinking maybe it's about time we can hear (the rest of?) quasi-rock stuff now? And a feature-length film or two, while were at it.
(of course not demanding only jesting) ;)

Return to Boards of Canada