New remix of Nevermen

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
tonx wrote:Someone from Lex giving behind-the scenes on Twitter of the when/how of this collab — https://twitter.com/Lexoleum/status/1410966279608061953

Interesting that they name drop Patton when I would have expected Dose being the common denominator in terms of the creative relationship.

They have great taste though, so I guess it's not a big surprise.

Dayvan Cowboy
Looks like a missing word tbf, transcription error

Happy Cycler
burst__of__indigo wrote:
tonx wrote:Someone from Lex giving behind-the scenes on Twitter of the when/how of this collab — https://twitter.com/Lexoleum/status/1410966279608061953

Interesting that they name drop Patton when I would have expected Dose being the common denominator in terms of the creative relationship.

My reading of that thread was that it was Doseone who is a friend; it's just that was missed out:

"When we asked BOC about remixing a Nevermen track they said, “we've been huge fans of Mike's, way back to Mr Bungle, and of course... (Doseone ...is a friend of ours, so we'd love to do this”.

I could be wrong, but that was my take.

Innit nice to have something new to talk about?...

Happy Cycler
burst__of__indigo wrote:

My reading of that thread was that it was Doseone who is a friend; it's just that was missed out:

"When we asked BOC about remixing a Nevermen track they said, “we've been huge fans of Mike's, way back to Mr Bungle, and of course... (Doseone) ...is a friend of ours, so we'd love to do this”.

I could be wrong, but that was my take.

Innit nice to have something new to talk about?...

Posts Quantity
Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but it sounds to me like the "Open the Light" sample is not the album version, but instead the one from their old website loops. It has the same piano part in it.

https://youtu.be/Y6_FlG27Amo?t=68

Dayvan Cowboy
Just listened to this in a playlist with all their other remixes, it stands up tall next to them. Catchy and funky as hell. I keep coming back to it.

There's also a lot of detail going on just below the surface, as usual.

Eagle Minded
Have they made an intentionally bad remix on purpose? Seems quite fitting to the 'treat em like a prostitute' mantra? It sounds more like an half arsed Aphex Twin track and they've even sampled their own music. To me it just sounds like an artist bored. Thank god it is only a remix. It sounds almost purposefully lazy... And I for one think that is intentional.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:Have they made an intentionally bad remix on purpose? Seems quite fitting to the 'treat em like a prostitute' mantra? It sounds more like an half arsed Aphex Twin track and they've even sampled their own music. To me it just sounds like an artist bored. Thank god it is only a remix. It sounds almost purposefully lazy... And I for one think that is intentional.

k

A_Northern_Soul wrote:The "Boards of Canada" signature on the $100 bill on the artwork is a nice touch.

Ha! I never would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out.

Even though this was something sitting around unfinished, I'm so happy to hear something new from them. This was a really nice surprise.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
2020k wrote:
A_Northern_Soul wrote:The "Boards of Canada" signature on the $100 bill on the artwork is a nice touch.

Ha! I never would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out.

tHEY'RE likely just pointing out that this was just about making a few quid to buy food and that.

Posts Quantity
Nevermen wrote and performed the song. Is Dead Dogs Two about how BOC killed two dogs? GTFO

Posts Quantity
Quite disappointing, and doesn't feel like it'll grow on me. Really glad for confirmation they're still active, though.

Sherbet Head
the grump is real. I love these summer cruise vibes *shrug*

Eagle Minded
this remix rocks! makes me think of 70's library synth funk or that hell interface remix on societas x tape

Dayvan Cowboy
Sl Flk wrote:Have they made an intentionally bad remix on purpose? Seems quite fitting to the 'treat em like a prostitute' mantra? It sounds more like an half arsed Aphex Twin track and they've even sampled their own music. To me it just sounds like an artist bored. Thank god it is only a remix. It sounds almost purposefully lazy... And I for one think that is intentional.

I get the impression they knocked this one off, but I quite enjoy it, especially the playful piano/synth lines at the end.

If this helps them finance their new album/project, I'm all for it. Insert Fry gif.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Helicoid wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but it sounds to me like the "Open the Light" sample is not the album version, but instead the one from their old website loops. It has the same piano part in it.

https://youtu.be/Y6_FlG27Amo?t=68

That's what I wrote in the original post. :wink:

Eagle Minded
If boards of canada have had any lasting impact within culture and especially musical heritage is that all of us have a voice, opportunity and ability to be an absolute cunt in addicting us to music and then hardly releasing any. They're amazingly human because they'e human

Sherbet Head
I like it. Not falling in love with this song, but it's nice vibes :D
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Boqurant
I don't know how you could not enjoy that remix...that's one of the most fun BoC works I've heard. Sexy in a sleazy way, just a disgusting bass line and rhythm going on.

Dayvan Cowboy
I love this track. Sounds like cheesy Dr. Dre style 90s rap but with BOC style production. I've always like the jazzy sampling in that G-Funk style, but jazzy BOC style is even better.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada