New remix of Nevermen

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Double posting to ask an important question that the Lex press release has confused me on: Did it take them 4 years to make this remix? Or were they asked about 12 weeks ago?

If it took 4 years, don't expect anything else this year or next for that matter :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Double posting to ask an important question that the Lex press release has confused me on: Did it take them 4 years to make this remix? Or were they asked about 12 weeks ago?

If it took 4 years, don't expect anything else this year or next for that matter :lol:

To me it strongly implies that they had started work on remixing other Nevermen tracks back a few years ago but never finished them, and then a few months ago Lex Records asked them for a remix and they had a rough draft that they spent a few months finishing. After all they said they "had to wait months" for the finished remix, not years.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Echelon wrote:Double posting to ask an important question that the Lex press release has confused me on: Did it take them 4 years to make this remix? Or were they asked about 12 weeks ago?

To me it strongly implies that they had started work on remixing other Nevermen tracks back a few years ago but never finished them, and then a few months ago Lex Records asked them for a remix and they had a rough draft that they spent a few months finishing. After all they said they "had to wait months" for the finished remix, not years.

Thanks for clearing that up, Drifter! That makes perfect sense. I love the remix, but if that was what they'd been doing for four years, it would have been a blow to my morale (joking, of course) :lol:

I wonder if this coincided at all with the Hell Interface prank back in April.

Eagle Minded
Super disappointed by this tbh. Not the remix itself, but that this is what we get after so long. Ah well, the wait continues.

Eagle Minded
Helios wrote:Super disappointed by this tbh. Not the remix itself, but that this is what we get after so long. Ah well, the wait continues.

hasn't this been the norm since 2018 (a remix every 2 years or so)?

Friendly Stranger
How bout listening to it backwards? Sounds interesting. You can hear what sounds like (i) feel different and hey satan lol and i liked the remix. It was nice to hear something different

Posts Quantity
6sided420 wrote:How bout listening to it backwards? Sounds interesting. You can hear what sounds like (i) feel different and hey satan lol and i liked the remix. It was nice to hear something different

haha holy fucking balls! that is in plain sight. wow, good catch. the "hey satan" is pretty obvious but something about the way "I feel different" hits sends shivers down my spine.

Posts Quantity
“Anyone who can write a song played forwards and have it say something else backwards has got to be some kind of genius, and that I ain't! I was upset at first by the accusations, you know, but now, but now I would find them funny... we're totally innocent of all those claims... and we're all God-fearing chaps!”

Dayvan Cowboy
I love it! groovy

Friendly Stranger
I really like it. Wish there was an instrumental version. :lol:

Friendly Stranger
"And one day we shall know" if an instrumental exists

Dayvan Cowboy
We're more likely to get an instrumental of this, considering Lex was nice enough to give us an instrumental of Mr. Mistake.

That said, I've got no issue with it as it is now. All the Anticon rap tracks they pick have catchy melodies that get stuck in my head as much as the music. Much like Societas, they're good at sniffing out the winners.

Dayvan Cowboy
KaleidoDisk wrote:I really like it. Wish there was an instrumental version. :lol:

wait one year

Sherbet Head
An instrumental would be missing the point and in this case pretty boring and repetitive, even though BoC's parts are funky and fun. Find it kinda rude to disregard the original artists parts just because you're fanning over the remixer rather than the actual music... And when the OG artists part is the integral and most interesting part of the track anyway. That goes for Mr Mistake too.
I really like the remix by the way!
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:An instrumental would be missing the point and in this case pretty boring and repetitive, even though BoC's parts are funky and fun. Find it kinda rude to disregard the original artists parts just because you're fanning over the remixer rather than the actual music... And when the OG artists part is the integral and most interesting part of the track anyway. That goes for Mr Mistake too.
I really like the remix by the way!

I like the vocals fine, and love the track in general, but tbh I don't really care if it's "rude" to prefer one version of a song over another. Especially considering BOC is my favorite band, so yeah, definitely gonna be more interested in them than the original artist they're remixing 95% of the time, sorry.

Like am I supposed to pretend I'm just as excited to hear the Nevermen singing as I am to hear Boards' beats and instrumentals, so I don't hurt Mike Patton's feelings? Lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
This track is rocking my world. It's definitely been a gift in these shitty times. Happy I was around when it dropped :D

BOC are and will forever be geniuses

Sherbet Head
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Like am I supposed to pretend I'm just as excited to hear the Nevermen singing as I am to hear Boards' beats and instrumentals, so I don't hurt Mike Patton's feelings? Lol.

Don't be a dick sam!

If i'm not mistaken, there is no instrumental so wishing for the original artist to fuck off from the mix is pretty cunty ;)
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
It's all getting too serious. Listen to the big fat penis song. It might not be BoC. But at least it's fun. We need fun and love for one another. Thats when life really works best.

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Don't be a dick sam!

If i'm not mistaken, there is no instrumental so wishing for the original artist to fuck off from the mix is pretty cunty ;)

lololol "sam" dont know why but i laughed so much at this

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Don't be a dick sam!

If hoping for an instrumental to be released makes me a cunt, then call me Cunt Drifter.

In case Mike Patton reads this, nothing against you guys.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada