GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote: tommorow’s harvest explores themes of isolation, nothingness & “the inevitable stage that lies ahead” i imagine it would be quite hard to move past those themes and return with something all together different

This is honestly why the theme of space seems like such a viable option. Earth is fucked, time to leave and hope we don't repeat the same mistakes we made here (but probably will) aka New Seeds

Also if the Pioneer's Plaque art truly existed as early as August/September 2013, then they knew about the concept of their next album immediately. Much like they knew about TH right after finishing Trans Canada/Campfire Headphase
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote: tommorow’s harvest explores themes of isolation, nothingness & “the inevitable stage that lies ahead” i imagine it would be quite hard to move past those themes and return with something all together different

This is honestly why the theme of space seems like such a viable option. Earth is fucked, time to leave and hope we don't repeat the same mistakes we made here (but probably will) aka New Seeds

Also if the Pioneer's Plaque art truly existed as early as August/September 2013, then they knew about the concept of their next album immediately. Much like they knew about TH right after finishing Trans Canada/Campfire Headphase

Yep, constantly making music, like busy bee’s flying around their hexagon hive! Martian lands here we come! or some other idea. (You can feel the unpredictability)

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:

I would love for them to explore the depth of human psychic. And how sound interconnects with it. How the human mind fade out with the age. Why we feel sad or feel happy in certain ways. I hope they will find a seclude lake in the middle of dark dark forest, with very dark and quite waters. And will be willing to look in to it. Stay there and never go back.

Dayvan Cowboy
“How the human mind fades out with age”

Reminds me of the caretaker’s’ together at the end of time’ series.

Eagle Minded
I could also see them descending into more hellish, creepy Geogaddi-style stuff in the wake of so much nihilism, darkness and cynicism - they are certainly comfortable with confronting difficult feelings or themes and our universe is rife with material for that lately...

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:I could also see them descending into more hellish, creepy Geogaddi-style stuff in the wake of so much nihilism, darkness and cynicism - they are certainly comfortable with confronting difficult feelings or themes and our universe is rife with material for that lately...

The Pioneer's Plaque being on the Hell Interface channel may indicate we're in for Dante's Inferno in IDM form.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
i agree, i could definitely see some Geogaddi-esque stuff coming. perhaps that style blended with some of the 70's psychedelia we heard on Societas.

Especially if you think that Adult Swim Balloon Clip is them. I think it sounds very Geogaddi like.

Now to listen to it on loop again for a few minutes lol.

CHEERS
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
oh, right, and cause the Pioneer Plaque has appeared again....

interesting.... perhaps we will get some actual (polished) Geogaddi leftovers on the next record.
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
ColinWallis wrote:oh, right, and cause the Pioneer Plaque has appeared again....

interesting.... perhaps we will get some actual (polished) Geogaddi leftovers on the next record.

What do you mean it "appeared again"? Where is it now? Did I miss something?
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Can someone link to the balloon AS thing again? I think I missed it

Posts Quantity
Biznasty wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:oh, right, and cause the Pioneer Plaque has appeared again....

What do you mean it "appeared again"? Where is it now? Did I miss something?

Just the Hell Interface youtube banner, changed to the Pioneer Plaque at either the very end of August or, beginning of September of last year.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
NTFMTS wrote:Can someone link to the balloon AS thing again? I think I missed it

this probably won't work unless you're logged into instagram, but here are both of the Adult Swim clip links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMJAYiL54_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
i already commented this but it seems it got buried in other replies… Did anyone see the book they made for IABPOITC? not the brothers but another hexagon sun member, back when the EP came out.
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:i already commented this but it seems it got buried in other replies… Did anyone see the book they made for IABPOITC? not the brothers but another hexagon sun member, back when the EP came out.

yep. mental, right?
i wonder if there's any other HS books based on boc releases. im trying to imagine how a geogaddi one would look like
maybe they have a lot of these? stored in an underground hexagon sun library?
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:i already commented this but it seems it got buried in other replies… Did anyone see the book they made for IABPOITC? not the brothers but another hexagon sun member, back when the EP came out.

Yeah it's ethereal. Just on the verge of being abstract but still retaining some kind of narrative, like it is sampling small pieces of other stories and left on the reader to connect the dots himself. Like a children's picture book from some other reality. Plus it ends with a rhyme.

She also did the EP cover art without being explicitly credited which makes me wonder is BoC really just a two person project?

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote:

Yeah it's ethereal. Just on the verge of being abstract but still retaining some kind of narrative, like it is sampling small pieces of other stories and left on the reader to connect the dots himself. Like a children's picture book from some other reality. Plus it ends with a rhyme.

She also did the EP cover art without being explicitly credited which makes me wonder is BoC really just a two person project?

where can i find this book? i've never heard of it before now.

Dayvan Cowboy
ParticleGhost wrote:
Moz wrote:

I think it’s like the early EP’s it’s self financed and probably distributed throughout HS, the reddit post are screenshots of a Facebook post by the author.
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
ParticleGhost wrote:
Moz wrote:

original post
here if you don't have a facebook account
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
ColinWallis wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:Can someone link to the balloon AS thing again? I think I missed it

this probably won't work unless you're logged into instagram, but here are both of the Adult Swim clip links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMJAYiL54_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/

thanks for the links, at first I wasn't sure the balloon one sounded distinctly like BoC (the turn that smile upside down one def does to me) but realized it's a very similar melody in both ig posts. Woah.

Dayvan Cowboy
Moz wrote:

I would love to see added artwork (possibly in book form) for MHTRTC as we only received one image for it and the album feels like a bit of a story! Having the music fit the artwork is one of BOC’s strongest attributes for me.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada