SURVEY CHANNEL - Catalog Nectar

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
Folks, hello!

I've got a 6-track EP releasing on Friday; seems apt to share with this group of tasters.

Like my last one, I also put together a supplemental video of the full album, which I've put up on YouTube in anticipation for the release.

On Sept 17th I will have physical CDs available for sale as well, if that is more your speed.

Cheers all!

phpBB [media]

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 146
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire
Hi there survey channel, just listened to this and it’s striking stuff! I like it!
Here’s my track to track thoughts:

1. Spectrum of a ring: it’s very atmospheric and pulsating with the beat, accompanied by a great rhythm. Fantastic visual accompaniment.

2. Totemism: well produced with a good buildup and payoff, swirling synths and momentum.

3. Time between sync: I love the backmasking psychedelic sounds in the mix, feels quite ethereal and mysterious

4. Shines hermetic: quite a tribal feel with this one, progressive with an ascending and descending synth that really works, retro futuristic stuff! Very good!

5. Lilyboat: travelling mood, I could easily walk to this, thumbs up with the percussion. Skittish but the melody’s excellent

6: Scalar fueld: desolate at the start, quite nocturnal, it’s a trippy ambient track that perfectly Closes off the EP for me!


Hope you found these observations helpful, I really enjoyed listening to this and watching the visual accompaniment :D now I can add you to my never ending list of artist discography dives!

Regards - a useless critic without any criticism :wink:
It’s not how big the wave is but where it crashes..

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Hi there survey channel, just listened to this and it’s striking stuff! I like it!
Here’s my track to track thoughts:

1. Spectrum of a ring: it’s very atmospheric and pulsating with the beat, accompanied by a great rhythm. Fantastic visual accompaniment.

2. Totemism: well produced with a good buildup and payoff, swirling synths and momentum.

3. Time between sync: I love the backmasking psychedelic sounds in the mix, feels quite ethereal and mysterious

4. Shines hermetic: quite a tribal feel with this one, progressive with an ascending and descending synth that really works, retro futuristic stuff! Very good!

5. Lilyboat: travelling mood, I could easily walk to this, thumbs up with the percussion. Skittish but the melody’s excellent

6: Scalar fueld: desolate at the start, quite nocturnal, it’s a trippy ambient track that perfectly Closes off the EP for me!


Hope you found these observations helpful, I really enjoyed listening to this and watching the visual accompaniment :D now I can add you to my never ending list of artist discography dives!

Regards - a useless critic without any criticism :wink:
Thank you! I really love to hear what people actually think about the tunes; what they feel, know what I mean? So I appreciate you taking the time to watch and provide your comments.

If you are interested in any Bandcamp codes for back catalog stuff, let me know.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Joined: 4 Feb 2021
Location: Brazil
i enjoyed it. percussion sounds great

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 4751
Joined: 1 Dec 2005
Wonderful video and music! Well done. Would love to play some of your stuff on my radio show in the future.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
kakanara wrote:i enjoyed it. percussion sounds great

Cheers, thanks for listening!

mechanismj wrote:Wonderful video and music! Well done. Would love to play some of your stuff on my radio show in the future.


Appreciate the kind words - I'd love for you to play something! I'd be happy to send over some Bandcamp codes; that goes for anyone.

Let me know!

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 374
Joined: 1 Apr 2012
Location: Canada
most excellent album my friend.
you don't care to hear until you listen

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Aug 2021
Really nice music.
Well produced and I'm a big fan of strong melodies (however they are presented musically) finding them in your music kept my interest, also enjoyed the subtle programming of the whole presentation and clever arrangemnts.
I would be interested in a physical CD (:-)
Friends, you owe it to yourself and your family to leave the congested city, and enjoy what nature intended you to enjoy.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
The_Duke wrote:Really nice music.
Well produced and I'm a big fan of strong melodies (however they are presented musically) finding them in your music kept my interest, also enjoyed the subtle programming of the whole presentation and clever arrangemnts.
I would be interested in a physical CD (:-)

Thank you! CDs are going up on my page on Friday if you're interested.

Cheers.

Return to This Random Sound

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests