GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Magrathea wrote:Well, as a musician I know that my audience has expectations, and as the time rolls, they expect me to bend some to give them what they need, any band that has been even remotely pupular is like this... you have to play the classics, that you like it or not has no importance, you are a provider of a service, in this case, art, and you can either tell your audience to just take it, or you can deliver.

So, artistically, they can do as they want, as a provider of goods, the public has expectations. I know it's cold and harsh, but that's the way this has devolved into and I agree, it sucks.

Point is, New >> Rehashed in my opinion, I mean, how many versions of Rock and Roll all night does the world need?

As another fellow musician who has toured quite a bit and did the constant grind to build up influence and interest, I can relate 100%. It's difficult to strike a balance, even just to make enough money to finish a tour. It's definitely a bleak position for establishing artists and even semi - bigger bands (in the US at least), It is an unfortunate time for newer musicians who are not on a label, but also that means there's all sorts of neat stuff scattered and hidden on the internet and in the world to be surprised by.

I would def prefer a new album over a rehash as well

Dayvan Cowboy
I'll be honest, aside from the tracks on Maxima and a handful of special tracks on the three early comps, the early comps don't really do it for me. Taste is taste, but I'm always suprised when people post that OT/OT2 are their best work, especially when they've got four albums of fully developed, mature and thoughtful compositions.

If BOC decided to release a remastered Way U Show and Trapped rather than new music, I'd be disappointed. But as someone else said, perhaps they are releasing archival AND new work, which would be a win for everyone.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
I don't care if it's new or old BOC. I'd just be happy they're back.

Just listening to the full version of Duffy would bring a tear to my eye.

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:I don't care if it's new or old BOC. I'd just be happy they're back.

Just listening to the full version of Duffy would bring a tear to my eye.

Honestly, they could probably post a thirty second clip, and all BOC related places, even WATMM would probably be ecstatic. Cats and dogs living together peacefully, a plague of frogs raining from the sky etc

But that's merely the idealist in me :D

Boqurant
I'd pay a million of dollars for hearing Hooper nay. I've been always thinking it was the baseline work for Geogaddi

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't care too much about a lot of their unreleased stuff, but I just want to own a high quality version of Echus on vinyl.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Friendly Stranger
I would assume the bocset would include studio versions of the unreleased live stuff they played back in the day. That would be enough for me to get excited, not to mention outtakes from 1995- 2013.

Dayvan Cowboy
ihmeauto wrote:I would assume the bocset would include studio versions of the unreleased live stuff they played back in the day. That would be enough for me to get excited, not to mention outtakes from 1995- 2013.

Full studio version of Spiro plz

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
ihmeauto wrote:I would assume the bocset would include studio versions of the unreleased live stuff they played back in the day. That would be enough for me to get excited, not to mention outtakes from 1995- 2013.

Second this, why it wasn’t on geogaddi I don’t know! :}

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Bocpages says it was trimmed down from 90+ tracks, perhaps Spiro was one of the outtakes. Though I don't see any reference for that, so take it with a grain of salt.
Fly!

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Bocpages says it was trimmed down from 90+ tracks, perhaps Spiro was one of the outtakes. Though I don't see any reference for that, so take it with a grain of salt.
Fly!

Eagle Minded
I think it's safe to say that "90 tracks" is fairly exaggerated. I highly doubt there were/are ninety geogaddi-era, fully fleshed out tracks that were left out of the album. Same goes for that other mdg quote "...hundreds of tracks per year...". Again, 100's of full songs is unlikely. It's don't doubt that there is a lot of extra material but It's probably like a bunch of 30 second riffs they came up with or tiny demos for potential tracks.

That being said there probably are a bunch of full tracks out there but even if there aren't, I wanna hear it all lmao. Bring on the BOCset! :D

Side note: If it actually comes true that they're coming out with a new album and the BoCset simultaneously I don't even know what I'd do... Something is coming and I'm hyped! Can't wait to hopefully finally experience a new BoC release firsthand.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote: Something is coming and I'm hyped! Can't wait to hopefully finally experience a new BoC release firsthand.

I'm in the same boat. And I don't count the Warp sessions. Want to be here for a bonafide BOC release :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Yea, give me new BOCy. New, tasty, crunchy, BOCy CD. And a T-shirt. But, if in order to get a new record and a bocset I need to wait. First of all, me thinking, that boc and warp are both in a weird relationship status. They probably provided the record with some new secret stuff. The black cover space album with longest and most experimental tracks to date: jaqcuard causeway/alphaomega, reddit leak, are probably true. So, if in order, to get both, the new boc and a bocset, back to back, I need to wait, 1-2 years.
I just wait.

Friendly Stranger
derp! what day is it agin? equinox? full moon whuut? "I got you" means whut now? back to reddit for more DERP!!
handle/postcount

Friendly Stranger
good old derp
anyways, ill be happy with whatever we get. new album, old tunes, whatever.

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:derp

*warning 'hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' reference ahead*

Humans: Deep thought, what is the meaning of life?

Deep thought: derp!

Humans: what the hell does that mean?!?

Deep thought: derp is the username of a member of Internet forum twoism, the word would take on new meaning in the mid-21st century and act as the battle cry for world domination. That. Is the meaning of life.

Humans: well that’s that, let’s get an intergalactic curry!

I have a question for derp! Are you a relative of xaugh? :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
I think he’s a troll
I hope we get a BOC update soon so we won’t have to go down this road.

Though my own foresight tells me there won’t be anything more BOC related this year. Though I’d love to be wrong, so hopefully my negative prediction fools karma into making something happen :P

Posts Quantity
a Boards of Canada Christmas sure would be nice

personally, i could actually see them doing a Christmas release or announcement, especially since one of the only Hell Interface songs is Christmas themed, also because they were posting from their HI accounts last year which is pretty bizarre..

i've been dreaming of a creepy Boards of Canada Christmas announcement video somewhat lol.

would be cool anyway!
"R-Worded"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada