GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:9+14=23

23*3 =69
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:I'm pretty sure they're going to be doing something more funky for the next release, and a bit like their 1996 stuff too. Hopefully the sounds of children will return as well.

I wouldn’t mind a return to Sesame Street, but I’d also love the heaviness of a space themed album.

Eagle Minded
If it’s referencing a release for 2023 it’s good to note the number 10 has all sorts of numerological and biblical significance. It’s also considered the completion of a cycle which could be attributed to their 5th and final album through warp? 10 commandments, 10 plagues over Egypt, 10 fingers, etc…

Eagle Minded
Also for fun,
9/14 9 1 4 9x1x4= 36

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:
sandrail wrote:I'm pretty sure they're going to be doing something more funky for the next release, and a bit like their 1996 stuff too. Hopefully the sounds of children will return as well.

I wouldn’t mind a return to Sesame Street, but I’d also love the heaviness of a space themed album.

Something like Gemini would be an interesting idea.
Fly!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:
Davism wrote:

Something like Gemini would be an interesting idea.

Funny you mention Gemini. I picture the intro to the Buck Rogers show (from the 70s) to Gemini.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:I love how I'm typically calm and collected, no rush, I'm okay with Boards taking their time to work on a new album...

But the moment there is activity BAM, the cravings start, I begin to crave a new lp

BoC is like crack, their social media activity causes me to have withdrawals

I saw a turquoise hexagon suitcase today while out and about, thought to myself, “c’mon boys, tweet already dammit” :D
https://ibb.co/qdJ3QnM

Eagle Minded
The I Ching hexagram 36 talks about a darkening of the light, or hiding/shielding light while the dark passes.
The 23rd hexagram speaks of decay, deception, splitting apart, and deterioration.

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:New tweet :o

2 years from now:

"NEW TWEET GUYS, AND THEY JUST LIKED A COMMENT SAYING 'I HOPE YOU'LL RETURN SOMEDAY'!!"

... I'm 90% dead serious.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

2 years from now:

"NEW TWEET GUYS, AND THEY JUST LIKED A COMMENT SAYING 'I HOPE YOU'LL RETURN SOMEDAY'!!"

Mdg logs in: June 9th 2023
“Sorry guys, we have no information about this tweet but please.........sit tight. One album coming right up, patience is a virtue”

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:2 years from now:

ftfy lol
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
I just checked - they started liking "new album?!" tweets in 2017.

Eagle Minded
Oh man I really really hope it's not a 2023 release... this year or next please lol

The video was a really nice treat though, definitely provides even more emotion to the song which is already pretty gut wrenching

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

2 years from now:

I go through periods with the tweets. Somedays, I'm excited. Other times I'm like, "yeah ok guys."

This time was more excited. But I'm sure the cynicism is around the corner :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
It seems like they have been posting a lot of TH tracks lately. Is this just a coincidence or could it really mean something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy

You know, I wonder if the resemblance between the recent Nevermen remix and Omni Trio's "Breakbeat Etiquette" actually means something more now. At least to me, old school DnB, House, Rave music, and even more Trance/Psytrance stuff from the late 90s to early 00s, always sounds heavily futuristic and dystopian. I'm all for tracks like "Basefree" on the next album to fit in with the current state of the world, much like how Geogaddi fit with the uncertainty and paranoia after the 9/11 attacks. The brothers have expressed a fear of feeling like a parody of themselves before, so I don't rule something like that out.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?igshid=1w73jcmqcff35

This has literally got to be them at this point, I've said it like five times but the sound is unmistakably theirs..

Just compare any of their LP catalogue to the sounds of the melody, the bass, the atmosphere and the background noise which has this slightly short wave radio vibe to it.

I don't think this is a sound that is easily replicated, and it has their IP all over it. Also it being so second nature to how they would respond to the state of the world. Sry to repeat myself but after giving Geogaddi and then TH a re-listen, this is undoubtedly them.

Friendly Stranger
Since this is reddit, its not 100% reliable by any stretch, but interesting quote nonetheless if true:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/n677pi/new_release_speculation_thread/

They’re finishing up some work on a few records then it will go to production but production of vinyls is backlogged and still working at a slower rate than normal - could be 3 months, 6 months 9 months more! That’s all the information I’ve got.

the user is based in Scotland though, so you never know :)

Eagle Minded
NTFMTS wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?igshid=1w73jcmqcff35

This has literally got to be them at this point, I've said it like five times but the sound is unmistakably theirs..

Just compare any of their LP catalogue to the sounds of the melody, the bass, the atmosphere and the background noise which has this slightly short wave radio vibe to it.

I don't think this is a sound that is easily replicated, and it has their IP all over it. Also it being so second nature to how they would respond to the state of the world. Sry to repeat myself but after giving Geogaddi and then TH a re-listen, this is undoubtedly them.

I 100% agree. This is their sound. I remember someone saying it sounded more like Com Truise than the bros, which is crazy.

We are coming up on a year since this post.

Dayvan Cowboy
ihmeauto wrote:Since this is reddit, its not 100% reliable by any stretch, but interesting quote nonetheless if true:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/n677pi/new_release_speculation_thread/

They’re finishing up some work on a few records then it will go to production but production of vinyls is backlogged and still working at a slower rate than normal - could be 3 months, 6 months 9 months more! That’s all the information I’ve got.

the user is based in Scotland though, so you never know :)

This is interesting as we now have two people who claim it’s in a production line, the YouTube comment I mentioned (Jamieboy) and this guy. I wonder if Fredd-E got anywhere interesting with contacting Jamie on Instagram. This makes me think of something arvy said a few pages back
“No matter how long till the actual release, but this means the artistic struggle is over. It’s not if, it’s when”
:}

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada