GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:I always thought it was Noatak due to the circle-like disturbing ambient sounds going on in the background, as well as the voice that MIGHT be saying "Noatak!". Though it could be saying something like "glow in the dark" too.

I used to hear "Noatak", but it could also be "electric star" or "electric guitar"
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
I've always thought that ATP-02 bears a strong resemblance to the Surfaise remix. The backmasked vocal sample is the same.

Also, I'm in the"ATP-07 is probably Noatak" camp. In my mixes I always put it right after Circle and it fits very well.

Posts Quantity
Well, for a new release, I would like to say this: I know it will have the Grogu for each and every one of us. I just walked around Lake Minnehaha while listening to R35TT and I must admit that whatever is coming our way is coming. And I must stress! IS! idk if anyone else has itched at this but that one photo of Michael and Marcus where Mike has the famous 5 put up, I believe 5 for Warp and they will release whatever they want after the famous 5. I love you all, we're on our way.

Posts Quantity
btw, can we plz agree to keep our eyes peeled for Christmas 2021? I can't help but to believe big fat penis, Sheol boundary, and Soylent night on the HI fb page have something particular to focus on.

Eagle Minded
Frindia wrote:btw, can we plz agree to keep our eyes peeled for Christmas 2021? I can't help but to believe big fat penis, Sheol boundary, and Soylent night on the HI fb page have something particular to focus on.

Big fat penis wasn't an actual boc signal :lol: but I agree christmas 2021 is def plausible

Dayvan Cowboy
We're starting to reach the point of unlikely releases in history. Abba's first in about forty years. Tears For Fears in eighteen years.

Would a new BOC album be weirder than either of those? Tbh, it would be more normal. The bros probably aren't constantly feuding, ego-centric rock-stars but rather working diligently behind the scenes in addition to focusing on their own lives.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:The bros probably aren't constantly feuding, ego-centric rock-stars.

Imagine a grim dimly lit room, two shadows in slumped and draped in parkas on chairs. Smoke in the air, the interviewer leans over the table ready to ask the tough questions.......

“Mike and marcus, thank you for granting this in person interview with kerrang on the eve of your forthcoming release”

Mike -
“it’s like our pleasure to be ‘aving an doozy chat whit you’se after such a long wait. D’ya know what I mean??!”

Interviewer -
"yes. Indeed. now it’s been 9 years since you’re last album, what have you been doing in this timespace?”

Marcus -
“heh, what we’ve been doing?! fuckin' about mate. We got minted done an proper after......toggles barfest”

Interviewer -
"you mean tomorrow’s harvest."

Marcus -
“aye, that bullshit, too much of a downer, ya know what I mean? well we’re back with sum new stuff.
it’s right class innit mike”

Mike -
"too right our Kev, I stepped back from this masterpiece" (holds album in the air) "and I turned and said to im, this is the rock and roll sound we’re after."

Marcus -
"the album starts out with a shredded guitar riff called 'welcome to the hex (you’re gone son)' classik RoC"

Interviewer -
"RoC?"

Marcus -
"yep, rock of canada. Can’t be arsed with that boards stuff, attention to detail shite! I want these chart toppers to be famous an’ go down better than TMHCRT”

Interviewer -
“you mean MHTRTC?”

Mike -
"fuckin' hell man, you need to work on you’s grammar!"

Interviewer sighs
"well, thanks for that....enlightening conversation, "the past has been inside the present" is out now on warp records"

marcus -
"been an gud old convo, ere mike? Can I ring our peter an' say we’ve done it. Ma phones on 3%!!

Mike -
“nae ya bastard, wait til we get back to pentland. Youse really showed, fuckin' showed me up today."

Marcus -
"shut up! Youse calling me a liar!!”

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:I had a good laugh at that^

Echelons quote about feuding brothers made me think of a scenario about what might happen if the Gallagher’s (from oasis) were BoC.
(they might've be a potty mouthed rock band! :D)

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
NTFMTS wrote:I had a good laugh at that^

Echelons quote about feuding brothers made me think of a scenario about what might happen if the Gallagher’s (from oasis) were BoC.
(they might've be a potty mouthed rock band! :D)

Was really funny indeed :D Honestly, if the brothers feuded like Oasis or the Kinks we'd probably have even less albums XD

Dayvan Cowboy
My based on nothing prediction: Bleep will put out a BoC set. But it will consist of their released albums, possibly remastered. There will be an additional disc of "never heard before rarities" that will have some known stuff and a few track titles we haven't seen before. People will get hyped for what they might be, but they will turn out to be stuff off R35 that we've misidentified as coming from unheard albums like Cat3/PbN/Closes.

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:My based on nothing prediction: Bleep will put out a BoC set. But it will consist of their released albums, possibly remastered. There will be an additional disc of "never heard before rarities" that will have some known stuff and a few track titles we haven't seen before. People will get hyped for what they might be, but they will turn out to be stuff off R35 that we've misidentified as coming from unheard albums like Cat3/PbN/Closes.
I wouldn't mind knowing what those are called finally; I've been calling B04 "Trinity Airway" for years now.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:My based on nothing prediction: Bleep will put out a BoC set. But it will consist of their released albums, possibly remastered. There will be an additional disc of "never heard before rarities" that will have some known stuff and a few track titles we haven't seen before. People will get hyped for what they might be, but they will turn out to be stuff off R35 that we've misidentified as coming from unheard albums like Cat3/PbN/Closes.

This is probably the realistic interpretation of what Warp will release. The boys are perfectionists and considering we've only gotten two and 1.4 seconds of outtakes tells you a lot about how they feel about sharing their unreleased work with the world.

On the other hand, they might open the floodgates and bury us with treasures we've never seen. It's really up to them. If we're getting unreleased stuff, I think they're simply polishing up stuff with quality melodies/ideas and giving us a Shinola a la Ween--remakes of quality outtakes that bring them up to the band's current standards.

Sherbet Head
Nah,why would these albums need remastering? They are some of the best sounding albums ever created. There is nothing wrong with them, they are at a perfect level so what would an engineer do to them? They don't lack punch? all freqs are there etc etc. Pointless exercise.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Agreed, we already have hours of material we weren’t supposed to, I don’t want them to lose the magic.

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Nah,why would these albums need remastering? They are some of the best sounding albums ever created. There is nothing wrong with them, they are at a perfect level so what would an engineer do to them? They don't lack punch? all freqs are there etc etc. Pointless exercise.

Pretty much. Boards don't release anything they aren't 100% happy with, so I have a hard time believing they'd do a "remastered album box set." The only exception they've made IIRC is Hi Scores, which had the channels accidentally reversed during the mastering process.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:Nah,why would these albums need remastering? They are some of the best sounding albums ever created. There is nothing wrong with them, they are at a perfect level so what would an engineer do to them? They don't lack punch? all freqs are there etc etc. Pointless exercise.

Pretty much. Boards don't release anything they aren't 100% happy with, so I have a hard time believing they'd do a "remastered album box set." The only exception they've made IIRC is Hi Scores, which had the channels accidentally reversed during the mastering process.

Or they misspelled "Hi Scores" again. I feel like if they were to release the older ones it would be indirect and free, like an anonymous leak that they just happen to let slide :wink: . if they were remastered they would lose a lot of their charm imo, charm that makes AFOT one of my favorites from them. But if they released them in all their less than stellar quality for a regular price it would seem a little off to me. NIN did the former (kinda) so this wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
Frindia wrote:Well, for a new release, I would like to say this: I know it will have the Grogu for each and every one of us. I just walked around Lake Minnehaha while listening to R35TT and I must admit that whatever is coming our way is coming. And I must stress! IS! idk if anyone else has itched at this but that one photo of Michael and Marcus where Mike has the famous 5 put up, I believe 5 for Warp and they will release whatever they want after the famous 5. I love you all, we're on our way.

My music studio is out in the middle of nowhere. And I really mean in the middle of nowhere, I don't even know if the area is part of a town. I like to listen to Old Tunes and R35TT all the time while hiking around the woods there.
Fly!

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

Or they misspelled "Hi Scores" again. I feel like if they were to release the older ones it would be indirect and free, like an anonymous leak that they just happen to let slide :wink: . if they were remastered they would lose a lot of their charm imo, charm that makes AFOT one of my favorites from them. But if they released them in all their less than stellar quality for a regular price it would seem a little off to me. NIN did the former (kinda) so this wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

I love the rawness of AFOT, I agree that if it was crystal clear audio quality and put out officially, I wouldn’t be sure how I would feel considering all our great remasters that are available.
What does everyone think? Could remasters of AFOT, OTV2 & R35TT alienate our previous listening enjoyment? :|

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote: Could remasters of AFOT, OTV2 & R35TT alienate our previous listening enjoyment? :|

I think the Old Tunes source tapes would already be fairly low fidelity, so it wouldn't completely ruin the charm for me. But I'd expect them to be significantly higher quality than the rips we have, still. I'd also really like to hear some of the Old Tunes Vol 2/R35TT tracks at a significantly higher quality, the rips we have of them are littered with noise reduction and skipping that detracts from the lofi charm and goes more into "lofi annoyances"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada