GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Agree on R35TT. With MHTRTC and Geogaddi, the production is excellent and any "modernizing" touches would totally just miss the point or actively detract from the style of albums that are meant to sound like they were found in an attic after 20 years. With R35TT though, it's been passed around, recopied, and subjected to god knows what awful "remastering" attempts along the way and undoubtedly sounds quite different from how the band intended them at this point.

Eagle Minded
To add onto the production queue theory, it's possible that they are also looking to repress all their previous albums. They're all still available on Bleep (aside from MHTRTC) but who know how many copies they actually have. Especially if they are doing a BOCset, which is all about looking back at their previous material, they might want to make sure they have plenty of their other stuff available as well for the release. All of this would just back up the queue even more than it already probably is.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm still holding out for a surprise of some sort from Warp.

Unless Treat Em Right was the surprise of course, which I think BOC put out to confirm they hadn't Daft Punked us

(that's a joke, but you can't tell me it doesn't feel good to know they're still around as late as 2021)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:(that's a joke, but you can't tell me it doesn't feel good to know they're still around as late as 2021)

It sure as 'hell' feels good! :wink:
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Seems pretty clear to me we're not getting anything else this year, though a remix was welcome after more than a year of complete silence. Hopefully we have better luck in 2022.

Eagle Minded
looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Also looking forward to radio silence for Warp10's 22nd ann, and ATP's 21st next April.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote: though a remix was welcome after more than a year of complete silence. Hopefully we have better luck in 2022.

2022 is going to be the year they press Treat Em Right to vinyl. That's what's happening next year haha.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Looking forward to the Radiohead Kid A mnesiac box se.........er, POSTER! I mean poster! Nothing to do with a band releasing a rarities collection at all.
(Phew escaped that one :D )

Dayvan Cowboy
Generally, I think we have put more energy, wasted more electricity, pushed up global CO2 emissions up far more than the brothers energy requirements would be to create a complete album with only this thread. It's kind of sobering, the power of numbers.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow

Kinda ironic that the same thing that would have gotten whoever recorded it kicked out, was aired by Warp 20 years later.
Fly!

Posts Quantity
Biznasty wrote:To add onto the production queue theory, it's possible that they are also looking to repress all their previous albums. They're all still available on Bleep (aside from MHTRTC) but who know how many copies they actually have. Especially if they are doing a BOCset, which is all about looking back at their previous material, they might want to make sure they have plenty of their other stuff available as well for the release. All of this would just back up the queue even more than it already probably is.

I doubt they would repress any of their new stuff though I do believe they're gonna repress their old stuff (C3, AM, CV1, PBN, HB). The '97 remasters were probably not that great and the only reason they really released Twoism is probably because it was the only remaster of the bunch good enough for the public. I don't really see any other reason why they wouldn't release all that other stuff, but hey, I'm not Mike or Marcus, so I'm just speculating.
Fly!

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:Generally, I think we have put more energy, wasted more electricity, pushed up global CO2 emissions up far more than the brothers energy requirements would be to create a complete album with only this thread. It's kind of sobering, the power of numbers.

Not to worry, there's still some energy in the tank. For a good old speculation :wink:

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow

Kinda ironic that the same thing that would have gotten whoever recorded it kicked out, was aired by Warp 20 years later.

im glad they decided to give us 0.4% of spiro. they could have chosen to show only 0.3%. thank you warp records

Posts Quantity
Sheol Boundary "Uuh" comment section turned ON

Eagle Minded
Frindia wrote:Sheol Boundary "Uuh" comment section turned ON

We've started up, now we're on our way
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded

never mind

Eagle Minded
NorthSaturnian wrote:

never mind

Now I'm wondering if they opened it because of this comment, lmao...
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Posts Quantity
iiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnteresting
"R-Worded"

Boqurant
not really...by the way guys, have you heard the high scores EP? we really need a repress of that one.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada