Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote: I think those "drums" are simply analog delay feedback artifacts. You can hear something like this here:
phpBB [media]

This track is eerily similar to what is on SxT. If you like this stuff there are some other tracks on the comp with BoC sounds.

Vid not available for me :(
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:
Moz wrote: I think those "drums" are simply analog delay feedback artifacts. You can hear something like this here:
phpBB [media]

This track is eerily similar to what is on SxT. If you like this stuff there are some other tracks on the comp with BoC sounds.

Sorry, must be a youtube thing. It's Bernard Xolotl - Cometary Wailing (Live)

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:
phpBB [media]

Sorry, must be a youtube thing. It's Bernard Xolotl - Cometary Wailing (Live)

Cool tune!! The whole album looks magnificent
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Posts Quantity
SXT15 could be made up of spliced up lyrics from Karn Evil 9.
Fly!

New Seed
i think the 'soisong broadcasts' on CoH bandcamp were influenced by SxT tape. lots of very, very interesting stuff in there.

Sherbet Head
sandrail wrote:SXT15 could be made up of spliced up lyrics from Karn Evil 9.

Out of curiosity, how exactly did you come to this conclusion? SXT15's vocals sound too clean to be a splice job and also contain several words not found in Karn Evil 9 ("bright new day", "grow", "love", "care", "place", and probably some others that i missed).
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
Jango9 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how exactly did you come to this conclusion? SXT15's vocals sound too clean to be a splice job and also contain several words not found in Karn Evil 9 ("bright new day", "grow", "love", "care", "place", and probably some others that i missed).

The lyrics are nearly identical in parts.
Fly!

Eagle Minded
sandrail wrote:
Jango9 wrote:

The lyrics are nearly identical in parts.

which parts?
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
i demand an answer
yes, i would love to be free!

Posts Quantity
Small bit of SxT related trivia: The artists behind Colourbox released their last record alongside some others (including A.r. Kane) as M/A/R/R/S with the very well known single "Pump Up The Volume".

Dayvan Cowboy
Another connection with SXT: the Doxa Sinistra track "No Car, No Job" was sampled in one of the web loops (see the Samples Source thread for specific track info).

Posts Quantity
outhudd wrote:The mixcloud stream will be 67kbps AAC. Probably sounds worse than the 128k MP3 stream capture, which might be the best quality we will get.

Seems I was wrong, the best quality was the re-broadcast last Sunday night. NTS did this at 256k MP3, higher than the 128k original broadcast in 2019. Unfortunately it seems we missed the chance to get that.

Posts Quantity
outhudd wrote:Unfortunately it seems we missed the chance to get that.

Not quite! :wink:
https://mega.nz/folder/qOZmGAQD#Ye7dE-2 ... e/zGxjEBqJ

Dayvan Cowboy
sixtyniner wrote:

Just amazing! I really appreciate it sixty. :D

Sound quality wise, this has to be the best version of Sociatas X I've heard, so much more depth and clarity in this broadcast.

Eagle Minded
I can't download without having the app. Anyone have this in another way?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:I can't download without having the app. Anyone have this in another way?

It depends which device you are viewing the site on. If you are on mobile, try changing your settings to 'Request Desktop Website.'
That might help. :wink:

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:It depends which device you are viewing the site on. If you are on mobile, try changing your settings to 'Request Desktop Website.'

Holy hell, there it is! You are my own personal savior.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:It depends which device you are viewing the site on. If you are on mobile, try changing your settings to 'Request Desktop Website.'

Image 8)

Posts Quantity
sixtyniner wrote:

Holy shit!

Thank you very much. I don't know if Mark from rareboc website is active here. I've always thought the original 128k should have been preserved online (before getting lost in "FLAC rips", YouTube rips etc), but this 256k should definitely be archived on his site and hopefully stored by many others.

The original 128k is hard to find after only 3 years. This one could disappear even faster. Which seems to be the exact kind of thing rareboc website was started for.

Thanks for being on the ball on this one! And I hope someone can reach out to mark rareboc to archive this one for good (and don't rely on his site alone either!)

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:

Image 8)

You made my day. You're fucking hilarious and we need to hang out.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada