This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Click the link to get a special discount on your BOC

Dayvan Cowboy
It's a bit poor taste that their bandcamp page states that this project is based in Kyiv, Ukraine, is it not?

A parody of a parody sounds interesting though. :)
Mind you. I'm all for discussing this, but on an individual topic. Do you think that would work?

Eagle Minded
Yea Im down!

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I'm all for discussing this, but on an individual topic. Do you think that would work?

Yes, for sure! I was going to make an individual topic for this but considering all of the strange stuff floating around as of late, I figured a brief mention was well enough.

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Yea Im down!

oakmoss&amber wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I'm all for discussing this, but on an individual topic. Do you think that would work?

Yes, for sure! I was going to make an individual topic for this but considering all of the strange stuff floating around as of late, I figured a brief mention was well enough.

All the discussion can be found in dandruffappreciationsociety :wink:

Eagle Minded
Is this thread truly just random stuff?
Because if it is, then I want to say that I'm having doubts about having joined the forum.
I lurked here for a LONG time and only recently thought it might be worth interacting with this group. But I'm having a hard time with certain things.

Basically, I think I am having regrets for opening myself up to a group of people I've never met.

So many here are amazing but i have to admit, being called names makes me think this is a closed club or clique, and maybe i didn't realize it.

Just getting this off my chest.

I apologize for overreacting to arvy.

I regret contributing to certain threads.

Does anyone else ever feel like joining the forum might've been a mistake, or at least maybe it led you to feel the way that only strangers on the internet can make you feel - insulted for no reason.

Maybe I'm guilty of this, too.

Again, just random stuff. Getting it off my chest.

If this isn't appropriate for this thread, please delete.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:Is this thread truly just random stuff?
Because if it is, then I want to say that I'm having doubts about having joined the forum.
I lurked here for a LONG time and only recently thought it might be worth interacting with this group. But I'm having a hard time with certain things.

Basically, I think I am having regrets for opening myself up to a group of people I've never met.

So many here are amazing but i have to admit, being called names makes me think this is a closed club or clique, and maybe i didn't realize it.

Does anyone else ever feel like joining the forum might've been a mistake, or at least maybe it led you to feel the way that only strangers on the internet can make you feel - insulted for no reason.

Honestly. Don't worry. :D

It's probably a case of wrong timing.
The past few days on here have been quiet. One or two posts a day.
Something happens....like today on say....the VHS topic. Ten people log online and start posting rampantly.

It can get occasionally overwhelming, but I hope you don't make any rash decisions about Twoism on the basis that you popped in at the wrong time.

Try to think of the forum as a volcano. Nothing happens for a while. The lava bubbles. The place erupts with posts for a few hours. And then it all dies down.

In the heat of the moment, people may behave hostile towards you, even though It's all based on perceptions.
But because it's online, it's extra difficult to decipher certain users emotions towards you.

If any of this makes sense, I would like to know. Your enthusiasm would be a massive loss to Twoism. :wink:

Don't go pal!!!

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Honestly. Don't worry. :D

It's probably a case of wrong timing.
The past few days on here have been quiet. One or two posts a day.
Something happens....like today on say....the VHS topic. Ten people log online and start posting rampantly.

It can get occasionally overwhelming, but I hope you don't make any rash decisions about Twoism on the basis that you popped in at the wrong time.

Try to think of the forum as a volcano. Nothing happens for a while. The lava bubbles. The place erupts with posts for a few hours. And then it all dies down.

In the heat of the moment, people may behave hostile towards you, even though It's all based on perceptions.
But because it's online, it's extra difficult to decipher certain users emotions towards you.

If any of this makes sense, I would like to know. Your enthusiasm would be a massive loss to Twoism. :wink:

Don't go pal!!!

:)
Thank you
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
I like your posts sky and trails, be you. dont go. The best is yet to come.

Eagle Minded

i also often feel threatened opening up to others, i try to keep my personal life away from the internet but i have also slipped and vented a bit on the coronavirus topic. when it happened i kind of thought about abandoning the account and starting anew, but then i realized it's buried ontop a bunch of other regular boring posts and only a few dozen people are actually going to read it and probably not give it more than a few seconds of thought. so at the end of the day it wasn't that big of a deal.
if it bothers you too much though i think you can ask one of the admins to delete the posts(by the way what happened with mexi??)

you do seem to have done a pretty decent job with your online hygiene by the way, not much that traces back to you personally. if you end up saying something really bad, you can always just wipe the slate clean and make a new identity

Eagle Minded
That makes me feel a lot better. Thank you all.

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone follow Johny Depp trial? I found it fascinating, I just cant tell if he's acting or saying truth. Speaks of his acting legacy.

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
ISO: A Breaking Bad meets The Office mashup.

Dayvan Cowboy
Man, my local radio stations have less diversity in their playlists than department stores, and less bangers too. I never get to hear "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton or "Missing" by EBTG on the radio, now do I.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

arvy wrote:Anyone follow Johny Depp trial? I found it fascinating, I just cant tell if he's acting or saying truth. Speaks of his acting legacy.

phpBB [media]

I thought this was remarkable.

To close the trial with a golden pin, Johnny Depp's lawyers showed an audio where Amber Heard tells Depp that no one will believe him because he is a man.

"Tell the world Johnny, tell the world, I, Johnny Depp, a man, I'm a victim of domestic violence and see who believes you, see how many people take your side."

These were the words of Amber Heard.

The lawyers then asked Johnny; and what did you say about it?

He said yes I am.

Game over Amber I guess.

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
^^^
This is mildly relatable to me.

Breathing life back into the playground, one This Random Thread post at a time.

Dayvan Cowboy
Both of these gave me a chuckle! :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
"They have a lot of zany stuff on this program, don'tcha think?"

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:"They have a lot of zany stuff on this program, don'tcha think?"

phpBB [media]

Another Zappa tv segment I had no idea existed. 'preciate this little gem. :)

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground