Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Hi, I'm John, I've been listening to Boards of Canada since 1998, I don't feel like I could ever get to the bottom of their music. Hoping for chat and book and music recommendations, thanks.

New Seed
Hey I'm Drew. Boards of Canada found me in 2014 or so when I was just getting out of college and out on my own. I like messing around with home tape recorders (open reel/cassette) to make fun tape echos and loops. I also play a few vintage synths, guitars, and have a solo band. I also enjoy driving and hiking in the blue ridge mountains, where I am also from. Looking to make new friends, learn of new music, and go further in the BOC rabbit hole.

Friendly Stranger
I'm Beach Woods (not my real name obvs) and I'm a musician, pain in the arse, art freak, hard worker, cook and bottle washer.
That last one is just made up though.

I'm a bit like that Norse bloke Loki in that I like mischief and stuff. And not taking myself or things that seriously.
My music I do take very very seriously though.
What I make and what I listen to.

My tastes and influences aren't that different from most folks, a wiiiiiiiide range of stuff from all over the place.
And obviously the two dons who this place is dedicated to as they've kind of formed some of the way I make my music.
I came here to chat about music primarily and found it a bit of a 'cold' environment initially but I'm kind of getting into it s l o w l y

A couple of bods made me feel welcome which was nice.
You are a quiet lot though I'll give you that.

Any hoo, see you around here from time to time, work/music making/life permitting.

Eagle Minded
Welcome! I've really enjoyed your comments so far in the various threads.
It's taking me awhile to get used to it here, too. So far, so good. A few snags, but I think that was mainly from my not really understanding the way things work here.

Nice to meet you!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

New Seed
hey 2ism, I used to be "Twoism-ist" on this board, I dropped off this board some long time ago when I started to feel like the crowd here was taking a turn and I no longer felt the vibe. Figure its been long enough to try returning? But I forgot my password and email to my login, but ah, i'd rather a different username anyway.
Things that've transpired while I left: Attended art school a few years then dropped out. Long story there lol. been working odd jobs ever since, lived in different cities.
Then I began HRT in 2017 and started living as a woman s o m e t h i n g i n b e t w e e n. I now live in the pacific northwest US.
Whats going on with you 2ism?

Posts Quantity
seegarden wrote:I dropped off this board some long time ago when I started to feel like the crowd here was taking a turn and I no longer felt the vibe. Figure its been long enough to try returning?

Hi seegarden! Welcome back. Won't you stay? Lots of good folk here, for sure.

Dayvan Cowboy
seegarden wrote:hey 2ism, I used to be "Twoism-ist" on this board, I dropped off this board some long time ago when I started to feel like the crowd here was taking a turn and I no longer felt the vibe. Figure its been long enough to try returning? But I forgot my password and email to my login, but ah, i'd rather a different username anyway.
Things that've transpired while I left: Attended art school a few years then dropped out. Long story there lol. been working odd jobs ever since, lived in different cities.
Then I began HRT in 2017 and started living as a woman s o m e t h i n g i n b e t w e e n. I now live in the pacific northwest US.

Wassup! :D

Sure, I'm with oakmoss&amber on this one.
Tons o' good folk still here, and a few new ones (I'd like to think I'm included in that. :lol:)

Be sure to get stuck in again, there may not be as much love for This Random Sound & The Playground as there once was, but twoism is still teeming with life.

The coral reef has repopulated so to speak..

Eagle Minded
seegarden wrote:hey 2ism, I used to be "Twoism-ist" on this board, I dropped off this board some long time ago when I started to feel like the crowd here was taking a turn and I no longer felt the vibe. Figure its been long enough to try returning? But I forgot my password and email to my login, but ah, i'd rather a different username anyway.

are you the hamburger gif person

New Seed
Hello, uh … I’m me! Hi! Dutch blokeybloke, 17 y/o. My actual name is not Joe, but that guy in my pfp is called joe.

Oh, and I make the music — czech it out: https://soundcloud.com/hellomynameisjoe
the

New Seed
Hello, name's Devon. 16. I've been listening to Boards of Canada for I think 4 years now.
Occasionally I'll try to do music, but I prefer just listening.

New Seed
Hello, I'm Vladislav. I read forum occasionally, but signed up recently. All my spare time I spend to make electronic music. Sometimes I do analog glitch art (process photos through damaged VHS tapes and VCR, then take shots of CRT TV). Besides, I like to dig electronic soundtracks from vintage horrors. On the other hand, one of my favorite bands is Broadcast.

Near month ago I post here my new album, which is bad cosplay of TH highly inspired by "Tomorrow's Harvest" (I'm in love with this album) and other horror synth works from late 70s. I understand that it may seems like self-promotion spam, but I believe that someone here could love this record!

Dayvan Cowboy
vlad_mtd wrote:Hello, I'm Vladislav. I read forum occasionally, but signed up recently. All my spare time I spend to make electronic music. Sometimes I do analog glitch art (process photos through damaged VHS tapes and VCR, then take shots of CRT TV). Besides, I like to dig electronic soundtracks from vintage horrors. On the other hand, one of my favorite bands is Broadcast.

Near month ago I post here my new album, which is bad cosplay of TH highly inspired by "Tomorrow's Harvest" (I'm in love with this album) and other horror synth works from late 70s. I understand that it may seems like self-promotion spam, but I believe that someone here could love this record!

Welcome to the pleasure dome!
I'd love to see some of your glitch art, the Original Artwork Thread needs more masterpieces. :lol:

I've seen the conversation of self-promotion has come up many times. An' this is certainly not spam to my eyes!
But we aren't half a sluggish bunch so it's not uncommon that your thread is going unnoticed. (or other topics get bumped above yours.)

Even so, I'll gladly give an ear and feedback on your album Vlad. :wink:

New Seed
Hi, my name is Thad and I like trains.

New Seed
Hey, my name is Jackson. I'm 24 years old and I'm from the United States, but I'm currently living in Europe. I've been obsessed with Boards of Canada ever since I watched a television show called Departures, and I saw that the intro song was based off of Dayvan Cowboy.

My two greatest passions in life are my beautiful wife and BASE jumping. I'd really like to find new music and have someone to talk to that loves BOC. Send me a message on Instagram @jacksonboyett. I'd love to chat!

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
dreadpirateroberts wrote:Hey, my name is Jackson. I'm 24 years old and I'm from the United States, but I'm currently living in Europe.

Is it too indiscreet to ask you in which country?

New Seed
Hi Guys,

My name is Tom and I was hoping I could tell you a little story. I wanted to introduce myself but also wanted to show you something that you may like. This is very BOC, and great in it's own right. I would say! : P

My very great special friend Bruno Cavellec is now courageously acting upon on a lifelong ambition to make music. Bruno is releasing under the pseudonym ‘Mablanig’, and I felt beyond honoured when he asked me to produce a video for ‘Have I Seen You Before?’, the first track from his upcoming debut EP. I aptly used footage that I filmed when Bruno visited me out in Iceland.
I really enjoyed filming and editing this film. It was a great challenge for me for many reasons. The opportunity came at a time when It did me the world of good to remind myself of some things and express myself somewhat. I am hugely grateful to Bruno for this, and I’m going to be attempting to take initiative to provide myself with similar opportunities in music and film in the near future, and as confidence builds, hopefully beyond.

To lend your thoughts and support, please feel free to use the comments section how you wish on youtube using the link I have provided here : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzFunqlAi8g

Bruno is a hugely talented musical artist. I find his drive, dedication, work ethic, and rationale for making music hugely inspiring, and I can’t wait to see what comes next from him. He has a truly remarkable story to tell.

Cheers to you reading this, and cheers to creativity, community, and whatever keeps us moving with our head up and chest out.
To learn more and to keep updated regarding his debut release, please also free to follow Mablanig using the links below.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mablanig

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoQSZ3zRIHSI9gpW6MuyuWA

Instagram: Mablanig

New Seed
hello
will
grew[/growing] up around dartmoor, exmoor & the north and south coasts, east of plymouth and west of bristol.
grew up on a family farm. it's a life i miss very much and that's probably where my nostalgic connection to boc came from.
i've browsed this place a bit before in the past but i'd never made an account until now, never really needed to i suppose.
i listen to a pretty wide selection of stuff, i got properly into music at age 11 or so, when i found that drumming was my favourite past-time, as well as computer games, the kind of rubbish that a hard-working farming family loves to hate :D
also got well into films recently, which is probably my new favourite thing after music.
https://www.last.fm/user/USER220515108
sorry if my typing and casing annoys you
cheers

Dayvan Cowboy
wi?L wrote:hello
will
grew[/growing] up around dartmoor, exmoor & the north and south coasts, east of plymouth and west of bristol.
grew up on a family farm. it's a life i miss very much and that's probably where my nostalgic connection to boc came from.
i've browsed this place a bit before in the past but i'd never made an account until now, never really needed to i suppose.
i listen to a pretty wide selection of stuff, i got properly into music at age 11 or so, when i found that drumming was my favourite past-time, as well as computer games, the kind of rubbish that a hard-working farming family loves to hate :D
also got well into films recently, which is probably my new favourite thing after music.
https://www.last.fm/user/USER220515108
sorry if my typing and casing annoys you
cheers

Oh fantastic! Blinder of a last.fm page, got a nice selection. I think you'll settle right in. :D
(PS: it's great to hear of another UK based boccer in the house!)

New Seed
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Oh fantastic! Blinder of a last.fm page, got a nice selection. I think you'll settle right in. :D

thank you! (it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to reply properly, i'm still new to this site).
it's cool that you're into lynch stuff! twin peaks is possibly my favourite television show i've ever seen, and i also enjoyed mullholland drive a lot. my friend recommended i watch the straight story too which was enjoyable and a nice refresher from the usual lynchian stuff :D (not complaining).
eraserhead is another classic which i'm still yet to see in full, but i get the gist of it and i've seen parts of it. (i've heard it sampled a few times too https://youtu.be/PwA0jTXVq44).

Dayvan Cowboy
wi?L wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

thank you! (it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how to reply properly, i'm still new to this site).
it's cool that you're into lynch stuff! twin peaks is possibly my favourite television show i've ever seen, and i also enjoyed mullholland drive a lot. my friend recommended i watch the straight story too which was enjoyable and a nice refresher from the usual lynchian stuff :D (not complaining).
eraserhead is another classic which i'm still yet to see in full, but i get the gist of it and i've seen parts of it. (i've heard it sampled a few times too https://youtu.be/PwA0jTXVq44).

Ta!
I hugely enjoy Twin Peaks, regrettably passed up the opportunity to grab the third season a few weeks back (aaaargh!!), the soundtrack by Angelo Badalamenti is sublime, captures the show so brilliantly. If you haven't seen it, a full length David Lynch film I'd recommend is Inland Empire. It often gets forgotten about but there are so many moments in it that make it his most lucid hallucinogenic work. For me anyways. :wink:

I also love Stanley Kubrick's work intensely, A Clockwork Orange influenced me so much. Not forgetting the many on screen subliminals discovered after his death. Master craftsman.
Glad to have ye here!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada