GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Geo to Campfire was a walk in the park.

I would also like to say it is nice to have Fredd-E back in the house!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Geo to Campfire was a walk in the park.

He's on his way to the big 4,000 posts soon.

I wonder, which'll come first? Page 1000 of this topic? or Fredd's next milestone!

Place. Those. Bets. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Tomorrow's Harvest wasn't actually predicting a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It was predicting this forum in 2022.

Carlos: "Well, I guess it was predicting a POST-apocapytic wasteland"
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Cheers mate!

Orbited insanitarium wrote:

He's on his way to the big 4,000 posts soon.

I wonder, which'll come first? Page 1000 of this topic? or Fredd's next milestone!

Place. Those. Bets. :wink:

I guess 4K on Twoism will come first.
But I'm also aiming for 4K followers on Instagram (currently 3.129) :]

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:I guess 4K on Twoism will come first.

I've always wondered why people strive for a specific amount of followers on Instagram.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but if the content is great and interactive with the audience like bocpages... "If You Build it, they will come." :wink:

I've always wondered why people strive for a specific amount of followers on Instagram.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but if the content is great and interactive with the audience like bocpages... "If You Build it, they will come." :wink:

Because stats, graphs, goals and milestones are fun and a necessity. It's important to have these and reflect upon them to properly grow a social media channel. Recently I hit 3K and that was great, so the next goal is 4K. You have to determine what works and what doesn't. This changes over time.

"Measurement brings knowledge."

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

Because stats, graphs, goals and milestones are fun and a necessity. It's important to have these and reflect upon them to properly grow a social media channel. Recently I hit 3K and that was great, so the next goal is 4K. Let's move things forward.

"Measurement brings knowledge."

Oh no, I was speaking more generally. It's like YouTube, people's channel names saying "1 Video and 5,000 subs, like and subscribe."
It's evident I'm not such a big fan of social media. I'm not on any other platform besides this one, lots of it irks me unnecessarily.

I love stats, as it's always fascinating to see a demographic. None of that was directed specifically towards bocpages. :)

New Seed
ColinWallis wrote:it's easy for everything to seem bad in current times because we have never had the ability to be aware of (and stream live from a device we keep in our pockets) all the insanity occurring around the globe.

i'm not saying there is any shortage of negativity or bad shit happening, but i will say i believe there is more positivity in the world than there ever has been, and more and more people become aware of it every day.

sure, the war between awareness, truth and censorship can be frightening, but that is just inevitable human nature playing out. chimp-like tribalism.

just because things are chaotic and overwhelming doesn't mean they aren't getting better.

As much as I'm baffled by this kind of statements I have to agree.

I don't live in a first world country, but each time I talk to or conceive my elders' lives I am amazed by the persistence of conjoined human effort and how far we have reached in improving our conditions, physical and spiritual and what not. Many of their lives were crushed through work since childhood and useless warfare. They wouldn't dream of spending time with friends or partners, reading books, going to concerts, travelling around, much less think about it. Idleness was a myth at best.

And yet there is a mystification of decadence hard not to fall into. I would consider myself fairly neurotypical. I go through my share of illusions and troubles as much as the dude next door. But often (e. g. yesterday when I was strolling across the city (no, I wasn't listening to BoC) and looking at passers-by's expressions) I can't evade a certain vibe of pervading gloom. Is it due to the downfall of religion and moral values? Or am I projecting my own morbidity into otherness and the world?

Anyhow, I always appreciate these posts; they lift me up. It might well be that, as Leibniz said, we live in the best of all possible worlds. Thank you.

:oops:

Boqurant
When is this issue gonna come out anyway?

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:When is this issue gonna come out anyway?

With the new album!

Haha kidding. It's going to come out when they finish it, I suppose, which could be in a few days or this December

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:When is this issue gonna come out anyway?

With the new album!

Haha kidding. It's going to come out when they finish it, I suppose, which could be in a few days or this December

Thought it was May...?

Eagle Minded
I hadn't been notified of any updates for almost 2 weeks, missed all of May until now, got through over 10 pages of bac pages and...we're still waiting.

I love this thread.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:I hadn't been notified of any updates for almost 2 weeks, missed all of May until now, got through over 10 pages of bac pages and...we're still waiting.

I love this thread.

Ironically, there are probably people who haven't checked in since 2016, hoping that one day they'll stop in and find something new. For those people who do that, it's even more painful to discover we are still waiting haha

New Seed
Through the wait we age and shine. What's not to love? I have gone from passive-aggressive longing to a quasi-Dharmic state of serene dasein. The bros and their art of abscence-presence.

Boqurant
drixlin wrote:I hadn't been notified of any updates for almost 2 weeks, missed all of May until now, got through over 10 pages of bac pages and...we're still waiting.

I love this thread.

I'm still holding onto my theory that BOC will release once this thread hits 1000 pages.

Dayvan Cowboy
A new instalment in the Silent Hill series may have been confirmed to be in the works, so I guess anything's possible I guess. I honestly would have expected a new BoC release before that.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:A new instalment in the Silent Hill series may have been confirmed to be in the works, so I guess anything's possible I guess. I honestly would have expected a new BoC release before that.

I take this topic as a kind of offhand mentioned entertainment newsletter sometimes.
For example: I had no idea Arcade Fire had announced an album until Echelon mentioned it about a month back.

Ironic that I'm brought to the attention of so many new upcoming projects/albums/films, from just being casually mentioned here. And yet, the only announcement we're all waiting for is *something* related to Boards of Canada. :lol:

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:A new instalment in the Silent Hill series may have been confirmed to be in the works, so I guess anything's possible I guess. I honestly would have expected a new BoC release before that.

im gonna go search now about it, but all I wanted was Hideo Kojima to be working on it.

Eagle Minded

I take this topic as a kind of offhand mentioned entertainment newsletter sometimes.
For example: I had no idea Arcade Fire had announced an album until Echelon mentioned it about a month back.

Ironic that I'm brought to the attention of so many new upcoming projects/albums/films, from just being casually mentioned here. And yet, the only announcement we're all waiting for is *something* related to Boards of Canada. :lol:

exactly how The Smiles album drop was brought to my attention haha, My eyes are looking for one thing only. ITS IN HERE THATS CHRISTMAS AND THEN HERE. :idea:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada