GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:In unrelated news, guys check out my new exclusive magazine that features boards of canada on the cover!!!!

At first I thought you got Robert Paulsen, and was anticipating hearing him say "croissant", or rather imagine his voice as I read it. Cheap marketing tactic, I want my money back from the future timeline in which I fell for it.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe if we're lucky the new BOC album will drop before the Stargate feature :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:At first I thought you got Robert Paulsen, and was anticipating hearing him say "croissant", or rather imagine his voice as I read it. Cheap marketing tactic, I want my money back from the future timeline in which I fell for it.

Sorry, no future refunds.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Anybody know what happened to Electro drop? Can't find it on YouTube anymore.. Its on Spotify but it won't let me play it :/

Probably got taken down because it's not BOC.

Dayvan Cowboy
Intersting, isnt the wait for the new album is officialy longer, that the wait between Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow's Harvest? What these twoismers which were here during those times would say? Overall. Are we have many of them still posting here. I know Cupz is gone after 9999 post. Opothecary broke his bicycle. Mexicola is on a vacation.

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:Intersting, isnt the wait for the new album is officialy longer, that the wait between Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow's Harvest? What these twoismers which were here during those times would say? Overall. Are we have many of them still posting here. I know Cupz is gone after 9999 post. Opothecary broke his bicycle. Mexicola is on a vacation.

We're still here we just dont say much :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Intersting, isnt the wait for the new album is officialy longer, that the wait between Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow's Harvest? What these twoismers which were here during those times would say? Overall. Are we have many of them still posting here. I know Cupz is gone after 9999 post. Opothecary broke his bicycle. Mexicola is on a vacation.

Mexi better pick a plane back soon, however enticing Tenerife is. Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n Roll and that. :wink:

arvy wrote:Intersting, isnt the wait for the new album is officialy longer, that the wait between Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow's Harves?

your answer lies here:
https://bocpages.org/wiki/Timeline

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Mexi better pick a plane back soon, however enticing Tenerife is. Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n Roll and that. :wink:

Hope Mexi didn't stole the taxi like Darren Tiill did..
Fredd-E wrote:
arvy wrote:Intersting, isnt the wait for the new album is officialy longer, that the wait between Campfire Headphase and Tomorrow's Harves?

your answer lies here:
https://bocpages.org/wiki/Timeline

monster data timeline, bow to you my Boss.

Twentington wrote:

We're still here we just dont say much :wink:

2013 was the year my friend, tho do we have Dino's like from 2005-2006?

arvy wrote:2013 was the year my friend, tho do we have Dino's like from 2005-2006?
Alas, 2004 dino here. :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
arvy wrote:2013 was the year my friend, tho do we have Dino's like from 2005-2006?
Alas, 2004 dino here. :mrgreen:

Happy Cycler
Geo to Campfire was a walk in the park.

I would also like to say it is nice to have Fredd-E back in the house!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Geo to Campfire was a walk in the park.

He's on his way to the big 4,000 posts soon.

I wonder, which'll come first? Page 1000 of this topic? or Fredd's next milestone!

Place. Those. Bets. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Tomorrow's Harvest wasn't actually predicting a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It was predicting this forum in 2022.

Carlos: "Well, I guess it was predicting a POST-apocapytic wasteland"
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Cheers mate!

He's on his way to the big 4,000 posts soon.

I wonder, which'll come first? Page 1000 of this topic? or Fredd's next milestone!

Place. Those. Bets. :wink:

I guess 4K on Twoism will come first.
But I'm also aiming for 4K followers on Instagram (currently 3.129) :]

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:I guess 4K on Twoism will come first.

I've always wondered why people strive for a specific amount of followers on Instagram.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but if the content is great and interactive with the audience like bocpages... "If You Build it, they will come." :wink:

I've always wondered why people strive for a specific amount of followers on Instagram.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but if the content is great and interactive with the audience like bocpages... "If You Build it, they will come." :wink:

Because stats, graphs, goals and milestones are fun and a necessity. It's important to have these and reflect upon them to properly grow a social media channel. Recently I hit 3K and that was great, so the next goal is 4K. You have to determine what works and what doesn't. This changes over time.

"Measurement brings knowledge."

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

Because stats, graphs, goals and milestones are fun and a necessity. It's important to have these and reflect upon them to properly grow a social media channel. Recently I hit 3K and that was great, so the next goal is 4K. Let's move things forward.

"Measurement brings knowledge."

Oh no, I was speaking more generally. It's like YouTube, people's channel names saying "1 Video and 5,000 subs, like and subscribe."
It's evident I'm not such a big fan of social media. I'm not on any other platform besides this one, lots of it irks me unnecessarily.

I love stats, as it's always fascinating to see a demographic. None of that was directed specifically towards bocpages. :)

New Seed
ColinWallis wrote:it's easy for everything to seem bad in current times because we have never had the ability to be aware of (and stream live from a device we keep in our pockets) all the insanity occurring around the globe.

i'm not saying there is any shortage of negativity or bad shit happening, but i will say i believe there is more positivity in the world than there ever has been, and more and more people become aware of it every day.

sure, the war between awareness, truth and censorship can be frightening, but that is just inevitable human nature playing out. chimp-like tribalism.

just because things are chaotic and overwhelming doesn't mean they aren't getting better.

As much as I'm baffled by this kind of statements I have to agree.

I don't live in a first world country, but each time I talk to or conceive my elders' lives I am amazed by the persistence of conjoined human effort and how far we have reached in improving our conditions, physical and spiritual and what not. Many of their lives were crushed through work since childhood and useless warfare. They wouldn't dream of spending time with friends or partners, reading books, going to concerts, travelling around, much less think about it. Idleness was a myth at best.

And yet there is a mystification of decadence hard not to fall into. I would consider myself fairly neurotypical. I go through my share of illusions and troubles as much as the dude next door. But often (e. g. yesterday when I was strolling across the city (no, I wasn't listening to BoC) and looking at passers-by's expressions) I can't evade a certain vibe of pervading gloom. Is it due to the downfall of religion and moral values? Or am I projecting my own morbidity into otherness and the world?

Anyhow, I always appreciate these posts; they lift me up. It might well be that, as Leibniz said, we live in the best of all possible worlds. Thank you.

:oops:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada