GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:I still think about that ‘An American Eagle In Your Mind’ shirt and chuckle audibly.

Glad I could provide the chemicals for you.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Page 990. 10 more pages til...we're at page 1000.

Gee, I wonder how many pages have been post-TH speculation. Anyone want to check? ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Page 990. 10 more pages til...we're at page 1000.

Gee, I wonder how many pages have been post-TH speculation. Anyone want to check? ;)

Page 424. Shout out to Cupz for restarting this thread over a year after TH released.

Eagle Minded
fujee wrote:My goodness, who dredged this thread up from the deep? :lol:

Thought we'd seen the last of this!

sorry, too many boc vibes to speculate on...

Dayvan Cowboy
Seems like I reached a 1000 before you lot, although in posts, not pages. :oops:

Eagle Minded
BOC, SUMMER SOLSTICE AND OTHER INTERESTING FINDS
-- The following information has been curated with the help of user oakmoss&amber
H I welcome, the information shared with you is speculation on the band Boards Of Canada. Any information shared with you is with the intent to further speculate and dive deeper to uncover more connections. This is for fun and for serious (this depends upon the user) All of the following information may or may not lead to LP5 and continuing forward you should not have expectations and most importantly have fun.
Ready? Lets go.
Summer Solstice and BOC
Moving forward we must remember the significance of the month of June for BOC and all the nods to June as well. Gemini, album release dates, song titles etc etc( 3s, 6s & 9s, ) if you are not up to date and/or are a new listener/user or guest reading this, head on over to BOCpages.org its a wealth of information especially regarding the folklore behind the band.
Here we will start with the Amazon description of Warps 3OTH:
Followed by a list of equinox and solstice dates and times.
Most notable of which are June(6) and September(the inverse of 9) and a month that holds very important activity that we will get into a little later.
On the date this was written (6/11/22) Bocpages.org and BOCs twitter was reporting 396 liked tweets. there tweet number is now at 395 after what I believe was a couple tweets deleted, and then their last tweet like on the 6/15/22. The day of Junes full moon.
lets not forget the bible verse on the TH artwork
Genesis 8:22
“As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

We also have the back side of TH, And the infamous AdultSwim post https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVAQKYg7-O/?igshid=1xfx9aofag6ui
perfectly mirroring the Wikipedia page of "Summer Solstice" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_solsticeImage
The last connection I made is with a holiday that occurs in Canada which aligns with what I believe is important to them based on their time living in Alberta and the song titles and influences on MHTRTC
Why Sept 30th is an Important Date
The next topic of speculation is Sept 30th
Here we have
First this strange coincidence ^
Then this ^
"Seems this is intentional and they did this to make us remember this date" - Twoism member oakmoss&amber - in regards to most users online
Of course there is Sheol Boundry's creation date above ^
And last contact with Pioneer 11 below. v
And lastly this coincidence below
ORANGE
Random Pioneer 11 Finds & Marcus"Fake"Account
OK now its time for a little fun and think outside the box
An eagle in your mind, also we are talking about summer again.
followed by interesting finds about this twitter user
11 Place holders for pioneer 11? or maybe
if this is the case then the change over to the degree symbol is interesting.
What's really interesting is when you google degree this is the definition that pops up
interesting how this change happened during a very dead period for twitter activity.
if it is fake he or she is playing along well. and if you look into the history of a degree symbol it brings us back to 3s, and 6s and Astronomy.

In closing Id like to share with you One Very Important Thought:
Lots of this information has been brought to the thread before by other users
many of them have brought up great points and have been looked over.
Id like you all to see if you can draw more conclusions.
In my personal opinion (and I know this is echoed by other users)
I don't think we can predict the next album, in fact I don't want to.
I want them to do something I don't except(if anyone remembers the user I'm paraphrasing please quote them)
Maybe just maybe these bread crumbs by the band will lead to something. But maybe the numbers, args, and copycats are just a fun way to keep involved over the long waits with a band that has transcended artistry. It is a band I long to protect and hold dear to my heart.
They are truly musical shamans.
I love you all

Eagle Minded
Again, I appreciate the deep dive.

Dayvan Cowboy
Here's my thoughts. First of all, I think this stuff is all very fun and thank you Hexagon Fox and friends for giving us something to think about in these dry times. Even if it's not true I want to BOClieve.

Some of these are interesting coincidences. Both some solstice imagery and September 30 share some odd events. They have done some deliberate mystifications before with the TH Arg, Red Moon, Mike changing his profile to that weird filter and I Feel Good so it wouldn't be out of character for them to fuck with us.

Does any of this point to anything? I'm not sure. BOC thrive off unanswered questions. The album that is coming, (which we know will come based off their likes) will probably come on a random date. But since they said it's coming soon based on the recent like, i'd expect it soon.

Thanks though Hex. This is a lot more entertaining than all the fake args because it actually involves BoC.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also Hexagon Fox, if I was to predict anything based on your deductions perhaps something will occur between the Summer Solstice and September 30th. Maybe this will be an age of BOC.

For fun, this is my prediction based on this and the liked tweets. Summer of BOC ;) but don't hold me to it

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Summer of BOC ;) but don't hold me to it

If nothing happens, I'm holding you personally responsible

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:

#BlameEchelon ;)

Echelon wrote:
Biznasty wrote:

#BlameEchelon ;)

#blamechelon the new #chameleon

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:perhaps something will occur between the Summer Solstice and September 30th..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/first-national-truth-reconciliation-day-1.6188540
Echelon wrote:Maybe this will be an age of BOC
"When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius "

Written by The 5th Dimension
Released March 1969
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/03/1102919502/watch-planetary-alignment-june-planets

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:"When the moon is in the Seventh House
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius " [/i][/size]

It's a known fact that those lyrics have nothing to do with the actual Age of Aquarius though.

I like the summer solstice theory, my only grip is that it only talks about days, it doesn't correspond to any specific year. So even if the bros are aligning a release date to the summer solstice, it could be now, or next year, or even 40 years from now.

Eagle Minded
Radiobuzz wrote:It's a known fact that those lyrics have nothing to do with the actual Age of Aquarius though.

You are right!
big fan of the musical !
Just having fun non the less :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:
Echelon wrote:perhaps something will occur between the Summer Solstice and September 30th..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/first-national-truth-reconciliation-day-1.6188540
Echelon wrote:Maybe this will be an age of BOC
"When the moon is in the Seventh House
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius "

Released March 1969
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/03/1102919502/watch-planetary-alignment-june-planets

Dude honestly how the heck you found that date that goes from the solstice to sep 30 is beyond uncanny. That's next level coincidence.

Btw here's my new pet theory. I mentioned this in the controversial thread but I figured the reason BOC did not give us new old music for Warp 30 a la Autechre is because we already own it in the form of old tunes. We already own their BOCset technically.

Whatever comes next will be totally new stuff!

Eagle Minded
I've wondered about that a bit as well.

Maybe they'll never bother to do a big BoCset because we already have their old tunes (literally)

No point releasing stuff we've already heard. If we want higher quality versions, it's up to us. Honestly surprised a better tape rip hasn't ever emerged. We know some people out there have the real tapes, we just have to get them to rip them lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
This board going mental

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:I've wondered about that a bit as well.

Maybe they'll never bother to do a big BoCset because we already have their old tunes (literally)

No point releasing stuff we've already heard. If we want higher quality versions, it's up to us. Honestly surprised a better tape rip hasn't ever emerged. We know some people out there have the real tapes, we just have to get them to rip them lol.

Here's the thing that gets me. Societas is structured a lot like Old Tunes. There's both musical gems and silly discordian nonsense. Societas is basically Old Tunes but with someone else's tunes. Perhaps in an alternate universe where old tunes never leaked, we would have gotten old tunes for Societas ;)

If you want to do some Occam's razor too, if the lost EPs existed they would've been on Old Tunes. Old tunes was personally currated by the bros and is truly the best of the best of the old stuff.

I sincerely believe that BOC are simply going to give us some new tunes this time around and I'm totally happy with it.

Posts Quantity
what's with this "we already have the old tunes"??

we have a few mix tapes, which are amazing..

but i dont understand why anyone is skeptical about the unreleased albums.

there is plenty of stuff none of us have heard that would make an extremely epic box set.

i desperately hope that we will get to hear all of it someday.
"R-Worded"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada