GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:what's with this "we already have the old tunes"??

we have a few mix tapes, which are amazing..

but i dont understand why anyone is skeptical about the unreleased albums.

there is plenty of stuff none of us have heard that would make an extremely epic box set.

i desperately hope that we will get to hear all of it someday.

I basically operate on "if it isn't out there, it doesn't exist in a form that is releasable."

I think BOC embellish the kind of unreleased music they have behind the scenes. It's probably demos and ideas rather than full tracks. Else it would be out there already
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:I think BOC embellish the kind of unreleased music they have behind the scenes. It's probably demos and ideas rather than full tracks. Else it would be out there already

I disagree, sure some Catalog 3, Acid Memories, Hooper bay etc tracks might be a few old tunes or random 35 tracks, but there's bound to be complete early material we haven't heard.

Personally, the few old tunes and R35T hold some, if not most of my favourite tracks. So to hear more from that era would be a dream come true.

I'm just as eager to hear fresh material though. Whatever is on the cards, I'm excited.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
ColinWallis wrote:what's with this "we already have the old tunes"??

we have a few mix tapes, which are amazing..

but i dont understand why anyone is skeptical about the unreleased albums.

there is plenty of stuff none of us have heard that would make an extremely epic box set.

i desperately hope that we will get to hear all of it someday.

I basically operate on "if it isn't out there, it doesn't exist in a form that is releasable."

In all fairness, I'm sure there's a lot of music we listen to out there that doesn't exist.
arvy wrote:This board going mental
Where have you been?
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
whyte wrote:
Echelon wrote:I think BOC embellish the kind of unreleased music they have behind the scenes. It's probably demos and ideas rather than full tracks. Else it would be out there already

I disagree, sure some Catalog 3, Acid Memories, Hooper bay etc tracks might be a few old tunes or random 35 tracks, but there's bound to be complete early material we haven't heard.

Personally, the few old tunes and R35T hold some, if not most of my favourite tracks. So to hear more from that era would be a dream come true.

I'm just as eager to hear fresh material though. Whatever is on the cards, I'm excited.

Yeah makes sense. I only like my principle because it saves me the disappointment if it never gets released or remastered. I'd rather act like it doesn't exist until proven otherwise :P but otherwise I'm all ears :D

Sherbet Head
I have stopped even checking in when I see that a regular has the most recent post, no offence of course, just I know what i'll find if I do check in.
Can someone send out a BAT signal, shine a hexagon into the sky or similar when something does happen, I'm going off radar for a bit.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:I have stopped even checking in when I see that a regular has the most recent post, no offence of course, just I know what i'll find if I do check in.
Can someone send out a BAT signal, shine a hexagon into the sky or similar when something does happen, I'm going off radar for a bit.

dont leave, we need you here

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:I basically operate on "if it isn't out there, it doesn't exist in a form that is releasable."

In all fairness, I'm sure there's a lot of music we listen to out there that doesn't exist.
arvy wrote:This board going mental
Where have you been?[/quote]

Nowhere. Was just reading posts until they lifted the ban. Did you watched Sean Booth livestream? This guy is mental. They way he perceive and communicate information, very interesting. Like his brains are almost like Fruityloops or ableton. Glad I saw Autechre live few years back. Wish BOC would do Twitch also.

Dayvan Cowboy
It would be cool if they did. Like Ae's stuff is so impenetrable in terms of listening to it and thinking "how did they do that" and it's super interesting hearing him rattle through all the details like it's no thing. Really fresh to hear how willing he is to spill on that and the amount it's generated from algorithms. You'd think they'd be shy about that.

BoC's stuff is like bonsai gardening against that, totally different vibe complexity wise but you just know it's had the same level of detail curating whatever processes they use to get the magic they do. I'd love to hear it from the horse's mouth, Ae's stream really shows you can be up front about these things and it doesn't take away from the music.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I basically operate on "if it isn't out there, it doesn't exist in a form that is releasable."

I think BOC embellish the kind of unreleased music they have behind the scenes. It's probably demos and ideas rather than full tracks. Else it would be out there already

I don't agree. Both the Sandison as well as others like Steve Beckett of WARP have said they have a ton of music that's never been released. We've seen hints of this not only with the old website excerpts and the Random 35 Tracks Tape, but also with unreleased tracks played live during shows and the "Thank You" video at the SAY Awards. And these were full-fledged finished tracks, not ideas or sketches. BOC have also said they master as they go, because they don't know which tracks they'll want to use until they hear the finished version. So unless they, Steve Beckett, and MDG have all been lying for years about their artistic process, then I'm fairly certain there is a large amount of unreleased music from them sitting in their archives.

I'm not 100% convinced the early albums were issued in the formats and quantity they claim, but IMO it's a pretty far leap from that to "any BOC music that exists is available."

Dayvan Cowboy
Drifter, I agree there's full tracks. I simply don't want to set myself up for disappointment if they don't come out. I guess even if they are finished, I'd like to assume there's a reason why they aren't out there.

Geo, I'm sorry that you find these posts predictable. Was simply talking because I like BOC but now I see I am putting my foot in my mouth. Best I take a vacation and channel my energy into something else til news happens. Peace.

Dayvan Cowboy
Here's an idea

What if, in the spirit of awesome creativity and the thought of a Gaia-like living organic microcosm:

The bro's create this huge data of samples and odds and ends available so that musicians, enthusiasts etc can use it to create in the spirit of the BOC ways their own creations?

Or they need to embrace AI and have it order their ginormous hoard of snippets.

But I like the idea of a collaborative effort based on their material, it would sound nothing like BOC, but it would be fun for the enthusiasts.

Anyways
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
probably someone impersonating but worth checking out

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaTEcM303I3CQEpU6hZNvMQ

Boqurant
Youtube CHANEL lol

Eagle Minded
CHANEL ORANGE :P

Eagle Minded
Nobody is allowed to be negative right now. It will look really dick-ish with the new album dropping soon.

I love the idea of BoC releasing a sample pack but I think the detailed video interviews where they will talk about their process, show us their studios, and tell us how they make their music will be a real treat. That's also a thing...a video diary. MTV cribs or whatever, but BoC.

Looking at everything you've come up with HexagonFox and OakMoss, it seems like their entire discography is one massive concept piece, or a huge, not ARG, but something like it.

What if they are descendants of something or someone that would make everything ridiculously obvious? Like, if we knew who/what they came from we'd all go, "Oh fuck, THAT'S how/why they did/didn't do this/that!"
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
Sky and Trails wrote:Nobody is allowed to be negative right now. It will look really dick-ish with the new album dropping soon.

Really enjoying your optimism! Yes, soon! Whenever this may be, I'm ready. Blanca, here we come! :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
As many of you know, there'll be some disgusting crap, here on twoism in the next couple of days. Twoism will fix the problems here on twoism. So how'll this effect you, it will utterly destroy you, so what'll we do about it. We're just gonna lie down and take it

Also, notice that the default tab, is the one called "BawC", this is another way of promoting general speculation, as shown here in this speculation.
That tab, will represent the entire twoism website as we know it. It won't be long before we go from this:
To this:
Don't even try to deny it. Music companies are taking their cock and stabbing you in the ass with this next move. We need to come together and demand 500 penises, or better yet, just cut my penis in half, because it's way too big, unless you actually believe, it grew to this size, because of sheer talent. I don't think so, and many of you will become afterthoughts when I take over this website, just like on WATMM, and you'd be a fool, to think you can try to stop me.

Now go away.
Spoiler: show
the joke:
phpBB [media]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rodox's "The Jim Parsons Project" (subtitled "BoCzinga") will be in full effect a week from now.

Escape while you can, hide in private messages, scurry to The Playground. All resistance is futile.

(I'm taking this joke way to seriously. :P )

Friendly Stranger
babylulu wrote:probably someone impersonating but worth checking out

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaTEcM303I3CQEpU6hZNvMQ

The Happy Cycling (Ambient Version) one sounds pretty damn good.

Eagle Minded
Jesus, Rodox, that was fucking hilarious!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada