GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:Image

Confirmation from MDG himself. Album soon!

Neat :) Not sure if legit but he did respond to me back in 2019 and that does look like his writing style.

Either way, he restated the plain truth: new BOC coming. :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
…it’s legit lmao

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:…it’s legit lmao

I believe you haha. He didn't tell us anything we didn't know. I appreciate it for sharing though :D

Posts Quantity
it sure would be perfect to use the 666th release, especially if it happened to be the first Hell Interface full length, which also wouldn't really be that shocking since we saw strange activity from HI on facebook last year..
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
personally i don't see it as being cliche. i get it, but i don't agree. i think it's far too specific of an expectation to think they're too cryptic for that, and i also think it's silly to suggest they don't want to be associated with Satanism, especially considering how many times they've referenced it.

i'm not holding out hope for it or anything but i think it is foolish to rule out the possibility.

i'm actually leaning more toward the 666th release not ending up being from them, but at the same time i don't understand why anyone would think they would be against it or something.
"R-Worded"

Posts Quantity
i don’t put it past the band who made one of their records 66 minutes and 6 seconds long and the last track on their albums 666kbs to be the 666th warp records release.

Dayvan Cowboy

Surprised he was so forward, but it is bloody great to see! Again, not sure if you had written consent to post this image here through the forum and the wider community nethersphere, considering how frank it is.

I'm with Echelon here, it doesn't say anything we don't already know. An' hey. I ain't complainin' :D :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
If anything, I think that MDG sharing stuff with Babylulu is part of an anti arg campaign where instead of crypticness they promote their new album through Twitter likes and now word of mouth.

Don't even need to ask warp to promote things when your rabid fanbase will do it all on their own haha

Boqurant
Holy shit maybe the 1000th speculation page theory is real and they will provide some more information

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:i don’t put it past the band who made one of their records 66 minutes and 6 seconds long and the last track on their albums 666kbs to be the 666th warp records release.

Could even be Warp postponing it until the 666th album.

in other news, for some reason I dreamt of this topic last night, and a [Solved] was behind the topic title. Now how would we solve this topic :?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
Everybody probably knows this anyway, but Warp don’t number their releases consecutively, but can use numbers out of sequence for certain releases. Autechre got 111 and 333, and it wouldn’t be unusual for 666 to be held back even if it isn’t the 666th release

Burning Shadow wrote:Everybody probably knows this anyway, but Warp don’t number their releases consecutively, but can use numbers out of sequence for certain releases. Autechre got 111 and 333, and it wouldn’t be unusual for 666 to be held back even if it isn’t the 666th release

True, but it's already been taken: https://www.discogs.com/release/76132-M ... anstornade
WARPLP666: Masami Akita & Russell Haswell – Satanstornade

So our only shot left is the 666th release regardless of cat#.

Boqurant
So they used WARPLP666 20 years ago?

Wonder if they’re regretting using it up now

Burning Shadow wrote:So they used WARPLP666 20 years ago?

Wonder if they’re regretting using it up now

Seemed they used it up in the same year as Geogaddi came out ironically. Missed opportunity fo'real.

That's very kind of him to reply to you. I guess all those twitter likes aren't meaningless after all then. :wink:

I wouldn't equal "on its way" to "soon" though, but it would be nice of course. Sit tight, I suppose?

Posts Quantity
Did anyone see PICs orange hexagon sun picture he posted on instagram today? Labelled from his archive 1996

Nice to have a bit of reassurance from MDG, presumably he's confirmed releases before, do we k ow how long it took to come to fruition/harvest last time?

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:Did anyone see PICs orange hexagon sun picture he posted on instagram today? Labelled from his archive 1996

Nice to have a bit of reassurance from MDG, presumably he's confirmed releases before, do we k ow how long it took to come to fruition/harvest last time?

1996 is an interesting date for BOC. Release of HI Scores but also if we remember, the cosecha transmissions last login was August 22 1996. Probably a coincidence but maybe 1996 was a special time for the development of BoC

MDG confirmed a new album before. TH, which took 7 years as we know haha. I don't think it will be that long though ;)

Eagle Minded

just adding info to the discussion for the non insta users

Friendly Stranger

This really makes me feel so happy. To much in my life and some new stuff brings me hopes.

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk

Friendly Stranger
hexagonFox wrote:Image

just adding info to the discussion for the non insta users
Can I have the link?

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada