GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
TheStatPow wrote:Ok, this is it. we need to settle this matter ASAP.

Which?

When in doubt, organic chemistry is the key
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Brendan Standing Alone wrote:Turn your phone sideways lol

How have I never noticed this before? You'd think I'd know how shapes work.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Posts Quantity
2020k wrote:
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:Turn your phone sideways lol

How have I never noticed this before? You'd think I'd know how shapes work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

New Seed
Kend_Wire wrote:Alright, new theory: BoC will drop their next album when we reach page 1969

this will take like, 4 years more so, 2026. this matches with the 2026 disappearance theory

Posts Quantity
I think BOC will evolve their sound further. I can't see them going over old ground soundwise, but rather laying down tracks with real guitars/ distortion, drums incorporating vintage synths & going down the concept album/soundtrack route maybe to highlight the importance nature & global warming.

When TCH came out, there were those that didn't like the change in direction because it didn't fit in with their own expectations on what BOC should sound like.

I think it would be wise to expect something different.

Two members from the band Ride have called themselves 'I D' and have just released a concept album called 'The Glacier National Park'. You can check it out on Bandcamp.

I think this is the kind of direction the Sandison Brothers will go down personally.

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
Stickyfingers72 wrote:I think BOC will evolve their sound further. I can't see them going over old ground soundwise, but rather laying down tracks with real guitars/ distortion, drums incorporating vintage synths & going down the concept album/soundtrack route maybe to highlight the importance nature & global warming.

When TCH came out, there were those that didn't like the change in direction because it didn't fit in with their own expectations on what BOC should sound like.

I think it would be wise to expect something different.

Two members from the band Ride have called themselves 'I D' and have just released a concept album called 'The Glacier National Park'. You can check it out on Bandcamp.

I think this is the kind of direction the Sandison Brothers will go down personally.

An analog to this is Radiohead with the Smile. So perhaps we can actually expect a Hell Interface record. They already established a separate brand that all the hardcores know. HI can be their new direction!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Clear got the 666th release. And 667th. And 668th.

Posts Quantity
Clark*

Dayvan Cowboy
This is most likely old news but when did http://www.boardsofcanada.com start redirecting to https://warp.net/artists/91407-boards-of-canada instead of their Bleep page?

Eagle Minded
ryetronics wrote:This is most likely old news but when did http://www.boardsofcanada.com start redirecting to https://warp.net/artists/91407-boards-of-canada instead of their Bleep page?

Wish I could say it's changed, but it's always done that. it's without the "www." that redirects to the bleep page.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Friendly Stranger
So uhhh— Warp’s 822nd release looking full of potential…
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
Man another new announcement and yet no IDM.

Did Warp/BOC forget they were the top purveyor of the genre in the 90s or are they still planning a release this year that will blow our minds? I hope it's the latter even if currently I feel the former.

Eagle Minded
Didn't they say we would never expect what they would do next, or never see it coming.
Can y'all help me quote that interview. Honestly sometimes I think the interviews are what is the most telling of their next direction, a kind of "Past Inside The Present" type of thing.
Happy James Webb Reveal

Apollo Anniversary soon

Pioneering still probably

Eagle Minded
New album very soon.

The band has at least one new member who will be named. Have we considered this?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Man another new announcement and yet no IDM.

Did Warp/BOC forget they were the top purveyor of the genre in the 90s or are they still planning a release this year that will blow our minds? I hope it's the latter even if currently I feel the former.

Since when is Clark not considered IDM?

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
Echelon wrote:Man another new announcement and yet no IDM.

Since when is Clark not considered IDM?

Alright. My bad. I didn't think he was straight up IDM like Autechre or BOC but I stand corrected. Disregard that thought

2023 it is then :P

hexagonFox wrote:Didn't they say we would never expect what they would do next, or never see it coming.
Can y'all help me quote that interview. Honestly sometimes I think the interviews are what is the most telling of their next direction, a kind of "Past Inside The Present" type of thing.
Happy James Webb Reveal

Apollo Anniversary soon

Pioneering still probably

November 2005: "The Last Secret of Pop" by Koen Poolman. ISSN 0921-1616

Dutch (original):
Uitdagingen genoeg, voorlopig. Ze hebben plannen voor soloprojecten. Ze zijn in onderhandeling over een soundtrack van een grote film. Ze zijn alweer aan een nieuwe Boards Of Canada-plaat begonnen (ze hebben nog een contract voor drie albums bij Warp). Mike: 'De volgende plaat zal voor iedereen als een shock komen. Dit verwacht niemand van ons.' En er zijn zowaar plannen voor wat liveshows met band in het voorjaar. Maar dat gerucht ging drie jaar geleden ook. Sindsdien zwegen ze.

English (translated):
For the time being, enough challenges. They've got plans for projects of their own. They're in negotiations for a soundtrack to a big film. They've already begun a new lp (they have a contract for another three albums with Warp). Mike: "The next album shall come as a shock to everyone. Nobody will expect this from us." And there really are plans for some live performances with a band in the new year. But that rumour went around three years ago as well. They've kept silent since.

Pro tip: use this wiki page to do CTRL+F keyword searches on. All the text from every interview on bocpages (87) is shown on this single page. I searched for "shock" and immediately found the quote.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:English (translated):
For the time being, enough challenges. They've got plans for projects of their own. They're in negotiations for a soundtrack to a big film. They've already begun a new lp (they have a contract for another three albums with Warp). Mike: "The next album shall come as a shock to everyone. Nobody will expect this from us." And there really are plans for some live performances with a band in the new year. But that rumour went around three years ago as well. They've kept silent since.

So... ahem... TCH... that is one... TH is another... no soundtrack, no live performance, and what was said might have been from 2002 if you read that 2005 interview as rumour that is three years old as mentioned.

Well, I mean... JWST eventually launched, like three centuries beyond the original date planned... it DID overdeliver...

I can only hope the boys do the same, 'cause man, the music scene has not only changed since TH, it has been overturned completely.

Maybe due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the band was accidentally swallowed by a small dog...
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Sherbet Head
Bloody hell, listen to some Clark!
Body Riddle is a cracker of an album, up there with the top "IDM" albums for me, and there is gold on every release of his.
Fans of Aphex and Boc tend to bypass people like Clark and even Plaid, yes they're less mysterious and cool aside the music and you won't tend to get fan obsessed with them like Aphex and Boc but musically the are up on the top tier with their contemporaries. melodically, complexity etc etc. So yeah, while waiting dive in and find some other stuff.
Body Riddle for Clark and Spokes for Plaid, will take a couple of listens but both are top of the pile. Spokes is level pegging with Geogaddi for me and that is literally the peak.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada