GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Y'all ready to hear my new theory on September 30TH?!?!

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:I have already prepared a resignation speech

Echelon wrote:
Josh wrote:FWIW, as cynical and pessimistic as I typically am, I actually did think there was a slight chance of something big happening today. That'll learn me.

I'm ready to jump on the negative train. I've officially ran out of things to post or even talk about these guys. They're cool and all, but one can only talk so much about a band that hasn't released anything (aside from some dope remixes) in ten years!

That said, it's gonna be awesome when it finally comes out and yeah, "they don't owe me anything." I simply hope I'll be around when it finally comes out!
Dropping my usual chaotic front here to say that this was actually really depressing to read.

Don't worry I'm still positive! I simply feel that I will be repeating myself on BOC if I post in this thread without new content. I'm still in it til the end! Even though I feel like shit due to pulling a muscle in my chest really bad.

I only wish I knew how long it took, because I've given up on checking the Warp website too. If I had the IDM Beatles on my label, I'd post more about them :P
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
in the meantime. flutes. https://youtu.be/l6WjRKXfCAw

Dayvan Cowboy
Guys! The clues! They were right in front of our faces the whole time!

In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Friendly Stranger
Ah yes. Hawk, 4?, 4? Window
Ooooo, it's pink!

Friendly Stranger
rodox_head wrote:Guys! The clues! They were right in front of our faces the whole time!

the two 4's of course signify this is coming out april 2024

Dayvan Cowboy
If speculation was a light switch, If I could, I would really like to switch it off right now.

Here are my thoughts, If there is silence but you would like to continue to talk, go for it mates! but if you want to, lend some of that enthusiasm to other parts of the forum. please.

It's good for the soul?

Oh ps: To pique your interest in The Playground further, you will be inducted into our special members club. Yeah, we include a tie and blazer badge combination pack so you can look real dapper as you sway from post to post there. :wink:

Eagle Minded
I'm feeling more convinced that whatever BoC do next, it won't involve numerology.

Keep it mind, it may be quiet at the moment, but it's actually only been 1-2 months since MDG's message to Babylulu, it feels longer than that, but really it hasn't been that long at all.

As for September 30th, that's the date Clark releases an album on Warp, so I definitely wouldn't expect any kind of announcement on that day.

I'm just biding my time at the moment, checking out other music, Bjork is releasing an album this year which has me exceptionally excited. No doubt activity from BoC will happen again, I just hope that the next activity we get from BoC is truly the start of the LP5 campaign.

Dayvan Cowboy
Thank you, Orbited, for saying what I was going to say but opted to tell a lame joke instead :P

breachtones wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Guys! The clues! They were right in front of our faces the whole time!

raybshot wrote:Ah yes. Hawk, 4?, 4? Window

I have a feeling this joke might be losst on this corner of the internet 8U

Josh wrote:FWIW, as cynical and pessimistic as I typically am, I actually did think there was a slight chance of something big happening today. That'll learn me.

Ah it's you who ruined it for us. You had to stay in character. Uuh. :wink:

Sherbet Head
BoC on 8/22 be like:
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity
breachtones wrote:

Or, most likely, in 2044.

Eagle Minded
Either 2022 or 2023, April 5
im staying positive 8)

Eagle Minded
So, FWIW.3, I asked the record store owner if about the redditor who claimed to had a convo with him about the album dropping this year, and he ignored my question and replied "I spoke to the french label today. No news for about a new album soon, Sorry..."

If I'm being optimistic, he was trying to throw me off the scent and maybe there was validity with that redditor's claim.... if I'm being a pessimist, the convo was lost in translation and he did reach out to WARP.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:So, FWIW.3, I asked the record store owner if about the redditor who claimed to had a convo with him about the album dropping this year, and he ignored my question and replied "I spoke to the french label today. No news for about a new album soon, Sorry..."

If I'm being optimistic, he was trying to throw me off the scent and maybe there was validity with that redditor's claim.... if I'm being a pessimist, the convo was lost in translation and he did reach out to WARP.
My first thought was maybe you weren't the only one who was asking him.

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:Image

This is beautiful. 9 years ago something magical happened. We can only hope that magic returns to us one day.

Dayvan Cowboy
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:So, FWIW.3, I asked the record store owner if about the redditor who claimed to had a convo with him about the album dropping this year, and he ignored my question and replied "I spoke to the french label today. No news for about a new album soon, Sorry..."

Sounds to me like he regrets saying anything at all since he is no more in the know than any of us.

Eagle Minded
ryetronics wrote:

Sounds to me like he regrets saying anything at all since he is no more in the know than any of us.

Perhaps... but I don't know why he would be lying/exaggerating to a customer who's patronizing his store.

And yes Rodox Head, I'm sure there have been a handful of people who've reached out to him.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hot take: MDG's announcement started an even bigger drought than usual. Not sure why this is. It's like Pandora's box was opened and nothing was inside it.

Though I write this in jest, I think there might be a bit of truth in it. How do you all feel about that?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada