GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Have A Very Unhappy Harvest Moon
9/10

Feeling bad feels good

Posts Quantity
outhudd wrote:What would be interesting to see (actually from any artist) is a digitally released album/EP that slowly changes over time.

Say there's one track on the album that ends in a fadeout after 4 minutes. Slowly, it grows to 5 minutes over the space of a year, by about a second a week that's barely noticed.

Another track subtly changes the mix every day, not noticable day to day, but over the course of a year its quite a different track to the one it was on release day one.

Maybe another track with lyrics (OK, maybe not for BoC) would change one word every week until there's a totally different narrative a year later.

Other tracks change and evolve slowly in other ways.

With no announcement that this is what's going on, it would take a while for people to notice.

Maybe it's been done already, I dunno.

this reminds me of Philip K Dick. interesting idea
"R-Worded"

Eagle Minded
outhudd wrote:What would be interesting to see (actually from any artist) is a digitally released album/EP that slowly changes over time.

Not exactly the same but I'm fairly certain one album by Kanye (I think it was The Life of Pablo) had many tracks modified after it was released, for a period of time. At least that's how I remember it, though I never heard the album so maybe it was just a dream.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:Have A Very Unhappy Harvest Moon
9/10

Feeling bad feels good

I wish we could get confirmation on that post. It's crazy how some people thought that sounded more like Com Truise.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:Have A Very Unhappy Harvest Moon
9/10

Feeling bad feels good

2 freaking years ago!

Eagle Minded
Time flies when the worlds collapsing.

Eagle Minded
when HELL freezes over.

Sherbet Head

Say there's one track on the album that ends in a fadeout after 4 minutes. Slowly, it grows to 5 minutes over the space of a year, by about a second a week that's barely noticed.

Another track subtly changes the mix every day, not noticable day to day, but over the course of a year its quite a different track to the one it was on release day one.

Maybe another track with lyrics (OK, maybe not for BoC) would change one word every week until there's a totally different narrative a year later.

Other tracks change and evolve slowly in other ways.

With no announcement that this is what's going on, it would take a while for people to notice.

Maybe it's been done already, I dunno.

Unfortunately I think Kanye might have beaten to the punch on that one with Life Of Pablo lmao :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Wonder when BOC will give up us the real date, maybe we need to use some tactics to soften them up a little

Eagle Minded
In two days it'll be two weeks since they changed their HI FB profile and banner pic. The longer it goes with no drop or activity, the weirder it seems.

Boqurant
The Queen died so basically the uk has ground to a halt. Potentially could have made Warp decide to delay a big release.

Eagle Minded
Burning Shadow wrote:The Queen died so basically the uk has ground to a halt. Potentially could have made Warp decide to delay a big release.

i think the odds of the queens death coinciding with the announcement of the new BoC album would be astronomically low.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:In two days it'll be two weeks since they changed their HI FB profile and banner pic. The longer it goes with no drop or activity, the weirder it seems.

I kind of like the unintentional metaphor of the black profile pic: "we're all in the dark."

However, now that we know that a release is coming officially. It's only a matter of time.

I'm really hyped for Bibio btw. His funky, positive, Chic influenced new song fills the void of no new Daft Punk for me. This is one of the few times where I'm fine with someone else being in the spotlight haha

Maybe Warp will do what they did in 2020 and release Bibio and BOC at the same exact time like they did with OPN and Autechre
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Davism wrote:In two days it'll be two weeks since they changed their HI FB profile and banner pic. The longer it goes with no drop or activity, the weirder it seems.

I kind of like the unintentional metaphor of the black profile pic: "we're all in the dark."

However, now that we know that a release is coming officially. It's only a matter of time.

Yes, I like the strangeness... very "Lynchian."

But at this point, it just seems trollish considering that we are starving for something.

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:But at this point, it just seems trollish considering that we are starving for something.

It's only silence. How much can you read into that? :wink:

I honestly like the fact BoC is keeping shtum. It's what I would do. In the busy revolving door of music making, producing and distributing, the fans probably aren't the lads top priority.
I try not to take their beliefs in interviews as gospel because some are 20 odd years old and people change their outlook, but I'm inclined to think that think this quote from 2013 is still true.

Are you following what is written online about you, especially in these fan forums? The people there are mad for you.

Mike:
"We get indirect feedback from our record company, and other people around us, but we really try hard not to read things about our work because it can be quite a damaging thing. Even positive comments can give you a false sense of what’s good about your work, so it’s really better to try to ignore it."

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Are you following what is written online about you, especially in these fan forums? The people there are mad for you.

Mike:
"We get indirect feedback from our record company, and other people around us, but we really try hard not to read things about our work because it can be quite a damaging thing. Even positive comments can give you a false sense of what’s good about your work, so it’s really better to try to ignore it."

Definitely the safest thing someone can do for the preservation of the truthfulness and conviction of their work as an artist, imo

Reminded me of this clip which as lovers of Bowie themselves I bet they've kept true to this.

phpBB [media]

Boqurant
From an article in Digital Music News. July 2022.

“ It’s challenging to open a new pressing plant because only a handful of companies exist that make record-pressing machines, and none of them are in the US. Additionally, supply chain disruptions of raw materials such as vinyl polymers have led to a backlog for existing manufacturers, who are already swamped with orders.

No one can accurately predict the ceiling for record growth due to the constrained supply, says Chris Brown, vice president for finance at Bull Moose Records, a New England record store chain. New releases often fail to meet demand, while reorders can take even longer, leaving little room for lesser-known “eclectic” albums.”
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:From an article in Digital Music News. July 2022.

“ It’s challenging to open a new pressing plant because only a handful of companies exist that make record-pressing machines, and none of them are in the US. Additionally, supply chain disruptions of raw materials such as vinyl polymers have led to a backlog for existing manufacturers, who are already swamped with orders.

No one can accurately predict the ceiling for record growth due to the constrained supply, says Chris Brown, vice president for finance at Bull Moose Records, a New England record store chain. New releases often fail to meet demand, while reorders can take even longer, leaving little room for lesser-known “eclectic” albums.”

I've always wondered. Is BOC a big priority at the record plant or are they "eclectic"?
It's always so hard for me to tell since they're my favorite band and the fanbase is pretty rabid, even in off times.

But I often wonder, how much does the casual music fan want a new BOC record? I'd hope there's a lot who do!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I can't believe Boards of Canada didn't win any awards at the Emmy's...

Whole show is a fucking sham.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
Bibio's new album sounds like it will be fun, that's a highlight this year, don't get too down. BoC may never bring anything out again, resign to that and move on and if something does come in time, bonus.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada