GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
rodox_head wrote:Given that we're dealing with two obscure dudes from across the pond that have a penchant for sampling, I think we're looking at a "Limboards of the Canadost".
Holy stromboli, I thought I was the only one around here who knew about that game! There's something strangely compelling about it in spite of how it completely and utterly fails in just about every aspect of game design. Or maybe it's directly because of that :P

In any case, at least the new BoC album still hasn't taken as long to finish as Limbo Of The Lost did yet!
The Crappy Games Wiki wrote:The game had been under development for 13 years (since 1994 to 2007). Due to this, most of various elements and gameplay mechanics were horribly aged at the release. (source)

Also the main character even looks a bit like one of the BoC brothers if you squint hard enough lmao
phpBB [media]
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Given that we're dealing with two obscure dudes from across the pond that have a penchant for sampling, I think we're looking at a "Limboards of the Canadost".
Holy stromboli, I thought I was the only one around here who knew about that game! There's something strangely compelling about it in spite of how it completely and utterly fails in just about every aspect of game design. Or maybe it's directly because of that :P

That game belongs in a museum. I still can't believe it got onto store shelves and am not even sure if the fact that 99% of the game is made of stolen assets is out of laziness, frustration, or some form of artistic statement. They can't all be Barkley: SU&J Gaiden or I Wanna Be The Guy :lol:

I first saw that ending on some YT compilation video of weird video game endings (the game had to be brand new at that time, unbeknownst to me) and later got to see the game in full through Vinesauce. Mandalore Gaming did a great review/overview of it if you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH8k-SUhUoI&t=159s
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:Image

I feel your pain man. Now that MDG officially announced the new album and the BOC Twitter stopped liking tweets, there's been less signs. This is probably the time we gotta buckle up for the long grind til next year! :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Yes that, but also the seemingly nonsensical replacement of HI’s profile and banner pic… maddening! Lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Davism wrote:Yes that, but also the seemingly nonsensical replacement of HI’s profile and banner pic… maddening! Lol

They replaced the pioneer plaque?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
If I’m not mistaken the Facebook page had an all black banner / pfp, but they changed it to all black again for seemingly no reason
Ooooo, it's pink!

Boqurant
What happened to the Stargate zine?

Dayvan Cowboy
dolochov wrote:What happened to the Stargate zine?
Nothing. Let's stop bringing it up.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy

Speculation happened. And I can't blame 'em.

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Speculation happened. And I can't blame 'em.

They must've known this would happen. You can totally blame them :lol:

Friendly Stranger
Is the marcuseoin Instagram legit? He updated his profile picture to the recently photoshopped BOC Maxima cover art of him as an old man lol.

Eagle Minded
I will also note that his profile on twitter started following BOC.
Im having trouble finding the insta account

Friendly Stranger
hexagonFox wrote:I will also note that his profile on twitter started following BOC.

Super weird- he updated his photo to the photoshopped pic, accepted my follow request, and then deleted his Instagram.

Screenshot of his IG with the new pic:

https://ibb.co/n1sW4w6
Last edited by Walkingcloud on Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Walkingcloud wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:I will also note that his profile on twitter started following BOC.

Super weird- he updated his photo to the photoshopped pic, accepted my follow request, and then deleted his Instagram.

Well I know he had one before and it was all white and he had not accepted my request.
So.....

Friendly Stranger
hexagonFox wrote:
Walkingcloud wrote:

Well I know he had one before and it was all white and he had not accepted my request.
So.....

https://ibb.co/n1sW4w6

Eagle Minded
Walkingcloud wrote:https://ibb.co/n1sW4w6

Niceeee work!!

Eagle Minded
yea i’m pretty sure it’s legit. i posted a big thing like a year ago about it. one of the accounts he followed posted a few Soceitas X songs before SXT happened.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
- "Oi Marcus. You've just got a follow request from one of those twoism fellas."

- "Ah naw. Sheite. Ye cannae change nuthin' on yer accounts now withoot them forum goers gettin' excite'h! Gie ridde it. Ah Go on, turn it aff."

- "Done."

- "Aye gud. I wouldnae huv to do that if you hadn't let it slip tae that babylulu. We're supposed ta be keepin' oor activity on the down low. Honest ta god, you shouldnae done that Mark!"

- "I know, I know mate. Momentary lapse of judgement wunnit?"

Edit: Flip, my written in text Scottish accent is bordering on insulting. :roll:
Apologies for the stereotyping. :wink:

Eagle Minded
The only confirmed IG and Twitter accounts are @boardsofcanada and @boctransmission, respectively.

I'm not ruling out the legitimacy of the solo accounts, but we've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that they're official.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada