GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:
Jango9 wrote:At least we still have that Stargate Zine to look forward to, right?

Oh, who am I kidding? Even Stargate probably forgot that their own zine existed by now

I was pretty hyped for that honestly. Sad it never materialized. But hey, maybe May 2023 ;)

Issue 2 was delayed by about 7 months beyond the first announcement (May - Dec '21), so I'm still optimistic that the BoC issue will come out eventually.

Dayvan Cowboy
Kend_Wire wrote:
Echelon wrote:
Jango9 wrote:At least we still have that Stargate Zine to look forward to, right?

Oh, who am I kidding? Even Stargate probably forgot that their own zine existed by now

I was pretty hyped for that honestly. Sad it never materialized. But hey, maybe May 2023 ;)

Issue 2 was delayed by about 7 months beyond the first announcement (May - Dec '21), so I'm still optimistic that the BoC issue will come out eventually.

I bet it's a featured interview with them about the new album, but due to it being delayed by Warp they held back publication (wishful thinking?)

Friendly Stranger
That's not impossible I guess. As far as I can remember the only thing Stargate confirmed is that whatever it is, it's not about a new release.

Personally I don't think it's likely to be an interview, but I'm only guessing. I think it's more likely to be something about them, but with no input from them. I'd love to be surprised by a new interview.

(edit: I messed up the link first time around)

Sherbet Head
belchmaster wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:
phpBB [media]

whats this then? lalal.ai maybe?

Hey sorry I didn't see your quote before, I used an app called Unmix

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Skam was referencing BOC in one of their streams a couple years ago. It was all tongue in cheek good fun since people were watching it to find hidden BOC music but they do acknowledge the fanbase and BOC.

amks.live seemed to be pretty active the last 2-3 years. The Extract/Melissa Juice mashup was excellent, especially during Halloween. It does look like that site has been down-down though for some time. I checked a few weeks back and got a dead link which I have never noticed them to do before. Still dead. https://www.amks.live

Sherbet Head
Why speculate about a new album when a lot of events of Tomorrow's Harvest are still imminent? The cycle is not complete so a new album really doesn't make much sense imo. I think it will be a few years from now.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
MHTRTC's 25th anniversary is in less than four months. We will (probably) see some activity really really soon.

That being said....... still so many stones unturned in Tomorrow's Harvest.

New Seed
Gazebo4 wrote:Why speculate about a new album when a lot of events of Tomorrow's Harvest are still imminent? The cycle is not complete so a new album really doesn't make much sense imo. I think it will be a few years from now.

What are these events?

Eagle Minded
Gazebo4 wrote:Why speculate about a new album when a lot of events of Tomorrow's Harvest are still imminent? The cycle is not complete so a new album really doesn't make much sense imo. I think it will be a few years from now.

I think the cycle of TH's events will take decades.

Boqurant
What would be realy interesting would be to see some inspiration from The Caretaker. If you think about it Caretaker and BOC are very similar artists, and Hell Interface was originaly made to create tracks for a compilation cocreated with Leyland Kirby (aka caretaker)
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Eagle Minded
Marcus eoin mcgregors Twitter has now just started following 360 people. This kind of behavior is highly insightful……. It’s clear.

Sherbet Head
μasch wrote:What would be realy interesting would be to see some inspiration from The Caretaker. If you think about it Caretaker and BOC are very similar artists, and Hell Interface was originaly made to create tracks for a compilation cocreated with Leyland Kirby (aka caretaker)

WHAT?!! News to me! Would you be able to tell a source?

Eagle Minded
Did WARP just announce a new AFX album???

Eagle Minded
Maybe it's an AFX show announcement? Or both??

Eagle Minded
As HexagonFox mentioned, @marcuseoin on twitter has now followed 396 accounts... Among those are several ones of interest.

The account is following several magazines, including some that BoC have been featured in before. (Maybe these are the where we can expect upcoming interviews to published :o)

They also follow a few Warp artists (Flylo, 0PN, Burial, Stereolab), Warp records itself, along with Bleep, and Optimum Mastering (Maybe that's their mastering experts of choice, this time around...)

Record Store Day UK is an interesting follow. That also gives me hope... (2023-04-22 btw)

Oh and also several bands they've worked with before like Nevermen, Solange, Odd Nosdam, and Why?

Unsurprisingly, they also follow mbv.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:As HexagonFox mentioned, @marcuseoin on twitter has now followed 396 accounts... Among those are several ones of interest.

The account is following several magazines, including some that BoC have been featured in before. (Maybe these are the where we can expect upcoming interviews to published :o)

They also follow a few Warp artists (Flylo, 0PN, Burial, Stereolab), Warp records itself, along with Bleep, and Optimum Mastering (Maybe that's their mastering experts of choice, this time around...)

Record Store Day UK is an interesting follow. That also gives me hope... (2023-04-22 btw)

Oh and also several bands they've worked with before like Nevermen, Solange, Odd Nosdam, and Why?

Unsurprisingly, they also follow mbv.

Very tasty stuff!
And good analysis, biz! Haha the one that cracks me up the most is Jk Rowling
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
I can't quite comprehend this vacillation, utmost capricious paroxysm

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:
μasch wrote:What would be realy interesting would be to see some inspiration from The Caretaker. If you think about it Caretaker and BOC are very similar artists, and Hell Interface was originaly made to create tracks for a compilation cocreated with Leyland Kirby (aka caretaker)

WHAT?!! News to me! Would you be able to tell a source?

That would be Whine & Missingtoe of course, the anti-Xmas comp that features "Soylent Night". The Caretaker was then going by V/Vm. Hilariously enough, he is also credited as Butcher Claws on the same EP! I would take a guess he was the driving force behind the creation of Whine and Missingtoe, as it was also his label that released it.

It's also news to me, as someone who has been listening to this EP for almost 20 years! Thanks for connecting the dots sir.

FYI, this took me all of two seconds to verify on Discogs -- I'm shocked nobody has really pointed out the connection before! Both artists clearly have similar recording/production ethics. Makes me think of one of my fave Lain quotes:

"No matter where you go, everyone is connected." :mrgreen:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
harpoon dodger wrote:FYI, this took me all of two seconds to verify on Discogs -- I'm shocked nobody has really pointed out the connection before! Both artists clearly have similar recording/production ethics. Makes me think of one of my fave Lain quotes:

"No matter where you go, everyone is connected." :mrgreen:

Everything is indeed connected, so much so that I thought I was one of the few here who knew that show. Didn't know Cyberia was that popular, it really is a club that plays really great hardcore techno for a really hip young crowd. :lol: Great taste!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada