GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
All right guys, please correct/point it out to me if this has been talked about, but something a little crazy kinda just happened to me.

On Youtube today, as one is. I see a Geogaddi playlist by Boards of Canada. Awesome. Nothing out of the ordinary. But wait; this is an album playlist actually compiled by Boards of Canada. And it's been updated today!

Waaaait whaaaat? Okay cool!
I went to the channel to check its spot, but fascinatingly enough, not there. Interesting. And none of the other albums there either.

So I dig around some more, eventually find the official Music Has the Right to Children playlist and The Campfire Headphase playlist. NO Tomorrow's Harvest (I presume yet), but really fuckin's interesting so far. Why no playlists on your page guys?
Music Has the Right was updated five days ago.
Campfire was updated almost a week ago now.

Now here's where things got a little fuckin' crazy--in the process of attempting to open up a new tab (I was tab-hopping the channel and the album playlists to see if any were showing up on the channel's playlist selections), I right-clicked the SONG/ALBUM (instead of the playlist) on accident, and get the option to Open Image in New Tab. What.
(playlists all looked minimized like this for reference, didn't work when I blew them up or went to the playlist page)
So I open the image, and here is what greets me.

Image that shows up when you right-click the NAME 'Music Has the Right to Children', all Geogaddi songs (believe me I sat there and did it)

Image that showed up when I right-clicked Campfire and sometimes when I right-clicked parts of Geogaddi (sometimes Music too?? Really confused by how this whole thing works).

Guys. Did I miss something. Has anyone else seen these? And where is Tomorrow's Harvest?!?!

Happy Groundhog Day by the way!

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Image

Those are the thumbnails for the fanmade music videos for Roygbiv and Poppy Seed Reprise (titled "The Child's Prison" IIRC) Respectively. What they're doing there of all places I don't have an explanation for.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
rodox_head wrote:Those are the thumbnails for the fanmade music videos for Roygbiv and Poppy Seed Reprise (titled "The Child's Prison" IIRC) Respectively. What they're doing there of all places I don't have an explanation for.

Hope it's not just messed up code. And if it is, then that doesn't diminish hope any less.

Anyone else notice that Geogaddi's got 23 tracks? :)

Eagle Minded
steeldancer-x wrote:All right guys, please correct/point it out to me if this has been talked about, but something a little crazy kinda just happened to me.

On Youtube today, as one is. I see a Geogaddi playlist by Boards of Canada. Awesome. Nothing out of the ordinary. But wait; this is an album playlist actually compiled by Boards of Canada. And it's been updated today!

Waaaait whaaaat? Okay cool!
I went to the channel to check its spot, but fascinatingly enough, not there. Interesting. And none of the other albums there either.

So I dig around some more, eventually find the official Music Has the Right to Children playlist and The Campfire Headphase playlist. NO Tomorrow's Harvest (I presume yet), but really fuckin's interesting so far. Why no playlists on your page guys?
Music Has the Right was updated five days ago.
Campfire was updated almost a week ago now.

Now here's where things got a little fuckin' crazy--in the process of attempting to open up a new tab (I was tab-hopping the channel and the album playlists to see if any were showing up on the channel's playlist selections), I right-clicked the SONG/ALBUM (instead of the playlist) on accident, and get the option to Open Image in New Tab. What.
(playlists all looked minimized like this for reference, didn't work when I blew them up or went to the playlist page)
So I open the image, and here is what greets me.

Image that shows up when you right-click the NAME 'Music Has the Right to Children', all Geogaddi songs (believe me I sat there and did it)

Image that showed up when I right-clicked Campfire and sometimes when I right-clicked parts of Geogaddi (sometimes Music too?? Really confused by how this whole thing works).

Guys. Did I miss something. Has anyone else seen these? And where is Tomorrow's Harvest?!?!

Happy Groundhog Day by the way!

Youtube reuploads anything auto-uploaded to their service automatically pretty periodically for some reason no one will ever know. It's not a sign of anything to my knowledge. As for the image stuff, i dunno! Probably some glitch. Or BoC's personal VALIS is beaming subliminals into our computers again :)
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Dayvan Cowboy
https://uproxx.com/indie/my-bloody-vale ... niversary/

The boys get namedropped here:

In 2013, however, there were a bunch of anti-Chinese Democracies. The month after m b v dropped, David Bowie put out The Next Day, his first record in 10 years, and most people agreed it was awesome. Two months after that, Daft Punk returned with Random Access Memories, their first release in eight years, and that became the year’s most hyped record. Boards Of Canada also re-emerged from an eight-year break with their fourth record, Tomorrow’s Harvest, and the people who care about Boards Of Canada seemed dig it. Eight years between albums was nothing now! Even Neutral Milk Hotel — perhaps the only indie band more famous than My Bloody Valentine for disappearing after a classic record — reunited for a tour that year.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:
Are you referring to Casa D'Angelo, which rose of the ashes of Angelo's of Mulberry Street?

Also yes, my friend.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Magrathea wrote:
Are you referring to Casa D'Angelo, which rose of the ashes of Angelo's of Mulberry Street?

Also yes, my friend.

OMG I visited that place yearly for 26 years while My dad lived in the area, absolutely the most wonderful Pollo Florentina. Wow thanks for the cheer up! :D
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:
Echelon wrote:
Magrathea wrote:

Also yes, my friend.

OMG I visited that place yearly for 26 years while My dad lived in the area, absolutely the most wonderful Pollo Florentina. Wow thanks for the cheer up! :D

I'm happy to help! Cheers! :D Good food indeed and a fond memory for me too!

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:https://uproxx.com/indie/my-bloody-valentine-mbv-10th-anniversary/

The boys get namedropped here:

In 2013, however, there were a bunch of anti-Chinese Democracies. The month after m b v dropped, David Bowie put out The Next Day, his first record in 10 years, and most people agreed it was awesome. Two months after that, Daft Punk returned with Random Access Memories, their first release in eight years, and that became the year’s most hyped record. Boards Of Canada also re-emerged from an eight-year break with their fourth record, Tomorrow’s Harvest, and the people who care about Boards Of Canada seemed dig it. Eight years between albums was nothing now! Even Neutral Milk Hotel — perhaps the only indie band more famous than My Bloody Valentine for disappearing after a classic record — reunited for a tour that year.

A very good year, in hindsight.

I've always thought 2015 was similar. Faith No More returned after 18 years, Dr. Dre after 16, Blur after 12, Modest Mouse after 8, etc. And I know Aphex technically had his triumphant comeback the year before, but in 2015 he was on an absolute warpath with three EPs and the 200+ track Soundcloud dump.

In terms of 'anti-Chinese Democracies', there hasn't been anything like it since.

Posts Quantity
PICs insta reel sounds eerily familiar

Posts Quantity
Twentington wrote:PICs insta reel sounds eerily familiar

It's 100% pitch perfect with the circle sample from hooper bay, much much clearer, it almost sounds like it could be raw audio from the video but then the chiming gets drenched in reverb, I could just be desperate but suspect it's a massive tease

https://instagram.com/stories/peteriain ... JmNzVkMjY=

Sherbet Head
What's going on guys? Got a link? Not on insta.. My problem not yours I know..

Edit: Thanks for the link lol

Damn Instagram, can't view without signing up

Eagle Minded
Twentington wrote:
Twentington wrote:PICs insta reel sounds eerily familiar

It's 100% pitch perfect with the circle sample from hooper bay, much much clearer, it almost sounds like it could be raw audio from the video but then the chiming gets drenched in reverb, I could just be desperate but suspect it's a massive tease

https://instagram.com/stories/peteriain ... JmNzVkMjY=

I have a feeling its just natural audio, but i reached out to pic about it just in case. will let u know if i (ever) get a response :p

Posts Quantity
That chime is definitely drenched in reverb, it's dry on the first hit then increases on the second two, the video is also edited to be glitchy at the start

Eagle Minded
i still dont really hear the exact circle audio in there, could just be promo for a new photography series he has goin on

Sherbet Head
Any chance anyone is able to save it or screen record it or something?

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head
I'm not hearing circle here at all.. But it does some very familiar - like the first track of that EP by 3.33

Does anyone remember that EP? It had an owl on the cover, the cover was black and red. I had it years ago and lost it and have never found it since. I'm pretty sure I heard about it here or somewhere else boc related. It had a very dark industrial type sound to it

Dayvan Cowboy
It's definitely not the same track as the Circle excerpt on the old EHX site. No reason to think it's anything other than a spooky ambient track from another artist.

Friendly Stranger
luminousdusk wrote:I'm not hearing circle here at all.. But it does some very familiar - like the first track of that EP by 3.33

Does anyone remember that EP? It had an owl on the cover, the cover was black and red. I had it years ago and lost it and have never found it since. I'm pretty sure I heard about it here or somewhere else boc related. It had a very dark industrial type sound to it

Is this the track you mean?

phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada