GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

steeldancer-x wrote:Boxset would be nice.

I notice more and more artists, in the Bleep newsletter, seem to have some sort of boxsets these days. Ha, there's even a category on the website: https://bleep.com/boxsets-collectors-editions

Posts Quantity
True, although a lot of recent boxsets are just collected anthologies of released albums.

Imagine if a BoCset is finally announced and it turned out to just be "Boards of Canada: The Warp Albums" and just collects the 4 LPs in a plain box :lol:

Posts Quantity
outhudd wrote:True, although a lot of recent boxsets are just collected anthologies of released albums.

Imagine if a BoCset is finally announced and it turned out to just be "Boards of Canada: The Warp Albums" and just collects the 4 LPs in a plain box :lol:

If that happens I suspect there's gonna be a lot of disgruntled BOC fans marching on Pentland Hills with torches and pitchforks.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:If that happens I suspect there's gonna be a lot of disgruntled BOC fans marching on Pentland Hills with torches and pitchforks.

Aren't we already there? My pitchfork is ready, so is My bowcaster!
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
Magrathea wrote:
qukk_ wrote:If that happens I suspect there's gonna be a lot of disgruntled BOC fans marching on Pentland Hills with torches and pitchforks.

Well, people are still clinging on to the last shreds of hope provided by mdg, so I wouldn't say we're quite there yet.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
qukk_ wrote:
Magrathea wrote:

Well, people are still clinging on to the last shreds of hope provided by mdg, so I wouldn't say we're quite there yet.

Yeah that's exactly where I'm at. We're soon coming up on the 10th anniversary of Chas Dimensional and Sauce Minor's last masterpiece. I have my expectations at zero, but I'm grateful for Warp's mini celebration for Music.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

New Seed
Alfred Pitchfork

Eagle Minded
Anyone think SxT is going to have any relation to the upcoming album?

I would love if the album was just a collage of tracks inspired by artists from SxT, but all boc originals.

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:Anyone think SxT is going to have any relation to the upcoming album?

I would love if the album was just a collage of tracks inspired by artists from SxT, but all boc originals.

If it follows the space theme, yes. Maybe some other things could be revealed about SxT what we haven't even thought of.

Dayvan Cowboy
Tomorrow's Harvest pt2

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
Warp has gotten the rights to the Hi Scores EP, and it has been reuploaded on numerous streaming services with a new album cover

https://open.spotify.com/album/7khd4wP2 ... P7tG_1lmvA

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:Warp has gotten the rights to the Hi Scores EP, and it has been reuploaded on numerous streaming services with a new album cover

https://open.spotify.com/album/7khd4wP2 ... P7tG_1lmvA

My theory, they've finally licensed their back catalog and gotten sample clearance.

Wouldn't it be funny if something like Hooper Bay ends up on the market? :P

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:they've finally licensed their back catalog and gotten sample clearance.

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
That would be crazy

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:
Echelon wrote:they've finally licensed their back catalog and gotten sample clearance.

If I were a social media manager for either the band or the label I would be liking absolutely everything, particularly after seeing the furor a simple "like" can set off.

That's what we get, lol
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
This time of year, may I add, is Boxset season! Archival work tends to get released around this time. Remember the epic seefeel box and the broadcast reissues?

So if I'm to continue being the forum pollyanna, maybe this is the dawn of the BOCset!

Posts Quantity
i’m really praying this boxset features outtakes from their studio album sessions, on top of their 1987-1995 albums.

2 decades in the making, it would only make sense. and i need a studio version of Spiro

Dayvan Cowboy
Meh, "we don't need no stinkin' bo(x)(c)set"

That's the stuff you do when you are a decrepit patriarch and your great grandkids go through the vaults, which the brothers (hopefully) saved more copies than they can remember.

Seriously, tho, My heart sank reading this. I cannot believe they would just dish out the leftovers and try to pass it as a five-star dinner.

If it is what we get, its what we get.

phpBB [media]

Insert random ridicule fart noise to the visuals as you please, your mileage may vary.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magrathea wrote:Meh, "we don't need no stinkin' bo(x)(c)set"

That's the stuff you do when you are a decrepit patriarch and your great grandkids go through the vaults, which the brothers (hopefully) saved more copies than they can remember.

Seriously, tho, My heart sank reading this. I cannot believe they would just dish out the leftovers and try to pass it as a five-star dinner.

If it is what we get, its what we get.

phpBB [media]

Insert random ridicule fart noise to the visuals as you please, your mileage may vary.

The pioneers plaque seemed to indicate it was something potentially nostalgic from them.

I dunno. The crazy thing is, with the nostalgic banner and the feeling that TH closed the chapter, I could see something archival coming out next. I'm just happy to get anything really.

I really enjoyed Daft Punk's scraps from their 10th anniversary release so even in lieu of a new album, I will always be happy to get new music from my favorite groups.

But who knows really? What if we get both?! :D

Eagle Minded
There’s no way it’s just a box set, has to be grander than that.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada