GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:This is giving me Hades Antenna / Sheol Boundary / Hell interface/ Justinbieber in North Korea/ everything else Boards of Canada vibes. Just want to get eyes on this.

https://www.youtube.com/@nostradamusradar

Besides the strange user name.

There is an interesting user start date as well.
04/14/2010 maybe a nod to Apex .....idk

I jus saw this on the BOC. reddit and it really peaked my Fox Eyes and Ears and vibes :idea:

I hear: Potenitial Tablas from Alpha & Omega,
As well as the obvious vibe and tone influence on sundown and other areas of TH.

could there be more.

Just felt we should investigate.

We are near to the summer solstice

"Just give it a bit longer"

It's probably just another youtube account made by statpow
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
qukk_ wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:This is giving me Hades Antenna / Sheol Boundary / Hell interface/ Justinbieber in North Korea/ everything else Boards of Canada vibes. Just want to get eyes on this.

"Just give it a bit longer"

It's probably just another youtube account made by statpow

The ride with you was worth the fall my friend
Loving you makes life worth living
Didn't we almost have it all
The night we held on till the morning
You know you'll never love that way again
Didn't we almost have it all

Friendly Stranger
Magrathea wrote:err...

A new project aims to help prepare humanity for the day — should it ever come — that we make contact with intelligent aliens.

Just sayin'

https://asignin.space/the-message/

Eagle Minded
I got some new speakers and then played all the BoC stuff and it sounded really nice -- really newly enjoyed Skyliner and Amo using re speakers. I would really like some new BoC to play through them that would be cool.

On topic Please re-release some non-album tracks on vinyl : Orange Romeda, Whitewater etc.

Could they do Whitewater or would Disney ask for money so they can't from the SS sample?

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:Could they do Whitewater or would Disney ask for money so they can't from the SS sample?

That same sample appears in Sixtyten and other samples from that same sesame street episode appear in several other BoC songs, clearly they've got some sort of weird hangup with re-releasing Whitewater but I doubt it has anything to do with licensing.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Whitewater is like one of their super religious style tracks I really dig it -- digital file can do. Thanks for reply

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:Musically, it fits in well too. There's so many dystopian and end of the world albums now. But there weren't a lot in 2013 from current artists. BOC basically predicted the stuff we're getting now

Predicted or it got worse?

Friendly Stranger
Today's _______, Tomorrow's Harvest
ɪɲ ʕʰɘɼɾʏ ɟȺɱɨʟʮ

"My world is your dreamworld, and vice versa. However, and as discussed, the two worlds are coming together apace. [78103301]"

"Dazzled or enlightened, he tries to understand and, at times, to expand the rules of a game he never asked to take part in, and that he is not allowed to renounce."

Friendly Stranger
theconiferoust wrote:Today's _______, Tomorrow's Harvest
Empires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
they liked two new tweets on Twitter. we got activity!

Eagle Minded
*turns hopium dial to maximum*

They logged back into twitter to prepare announcement tweets and while they were there they liked a few tweets in their notifications!!111

okay, I'm turning it back down to a nominal level...

What's interesting is that they've been completely silent about new music since mdg's dm to babylulu, which was 2022-06-29. They were active for the MHTRTC 25th, but they pretty much had to do that and it had nothing to do with new music anyways so it doesn't count (unless you count bleep's cheeky mention in the newsletter :shock:). This is them actually referencing new music again, as we close in on one year since mdg's message! A little bit of a shame, though, that it's only twitter likes again. Seems like a step backwards... Hopefully they keep some momentum this time!
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm so thankful for this. It's been such a dry spell lately. I will enjoy our gift and hope there's plenty more to come.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
skepticism is slowly fading away as June 9th and 10th come our way.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Posts Quantity
Warp has a huge gap between Squid and their next release after that (Squid releases June 08, Kwes releases Nov 02)

just saying, ample opportunity for an announcement

babylulu wrote:Warp has a huge gap between Squid and their next release after that (Squid releases June 08, Kwes releases Nov 02)

just saying, ample opportunity for an announcement

Squid is due out June 9th, just saying. That's a Sunday. Weird timing, right? As if Warp couldn't help but claim BoC's song title. :)

Friendly Stranger
The 9th is a friday this year. Would be nice to have something for that day, but Warp probably wont because of Squid's album release that day.

ihmeauto wrote:The 9th is a friday this year. Would be nice to have something for that day, but Warp probably wont because of Squid's album release that day.

Oh yes, Friday of course. Oops.

The thing is they announced it on 2023-02-08 already. And still, they had to choose June 9th. I reckon if you announce something that long in advance you could've chosen another week perhaps?

Warp doesn't care about gimmicks (anymore).

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu usually posting interesting in this thread. tho, there's should some real activity on the boc side. until then, I don't see anything happening.

example 2013 1st april fool joke, almost 20 days later ARG rolling in.

there's smoke, there's fire

Happy Cycler
That MDG response to babylulu was almost a year ago already?!

Damn.

Sherbet Head
I think they're gonna drop it and dip. Don't know when, but something is telling me that they're done playing games.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada