GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Magrathea wrote:Meh, "we don't need no stinkin' bo(x)(c)set"

That's the stuff you do when you are a decrepit patriarch and your great grandkids go through the vaults, which the brothers (hopefully) saved more copies than they can remember.

Seriously, tho, My heart sank reading this. I cannot believe they would just dish out the leftovers and try to pass it as a five-star dinner.

If it is what we get, its what we get.

phpBB [media]

Insert random ridicule fart noise to the visuals as you please, your mileage may vary.

The pioneers plaque seemed to indicate it was something potentially nostalgic from them.

I dunno. The crazy thing is, with the nostalgic banner and the feeling that TH closed the chapter, I could see something archival coming out next. I'm just happy to get anything really.

I really enjoyed Daft Punk's scraps from their 10th anniversary release so even in lieu of a new album, I will always be happy to get new music from my favorite groups.

But who knows really? What if we get both?! :D

https://www.youtube.com/@agena6594

New Seed
Is there any particular reason as to why Warp would get Hi Scores now after all these years?

Posts Quantity
perhaps Hi Scores is not the only album they’re in negotiation with over rights… maybe this is beginning of something

Eagle Minded
Do you hear that..? It's the sound of Biznasty typing up another speculation post... Brace yourselves! :shock:

Some light digging has uncovered that this new Hi Scores has a new CAT number and artwork!!!

WARPDD367

This is the first BoC-related CAT# in a decade! A simple reissue from Warp? Possibly, but something inside me doubts this. For now, it's only available as a digital download. But I suspect an immediate vinyl repressing, prior to any announcement would make too big of a splash, too soon.

A new CAT number at the very least guarantees we'll get an announcement from Warp sometime soon. Whether all that's in that announcement is Hi Scores, I don't know. Even then, that's still huge news, in my opinion. No offense to Skam, but having a singular BoC release on a different label was odd, lol. Warp finally having the last piece of the entire BoCatalogue could quite easily lead to... other older BoC releases coming to Warp.

My assumption (read: hope) is this is the first of a big campaign...

If we're still onboard for a BoCset, what better way to celebrate all their unheard material finally being released than making their entire discography available from the same place

What's odd is that it's a WARP#, not a WAP#... Makes me wonder if Hi Scores isn't the only music under that particular CAT#... Perhaps there's.... other items alongside it... perhaps inside of some... sort of.... box... :o

Lastly, 367 is pretty far above the rest of the albums coming out this year. Most of them are sitting in the 350s, which also makes me also wonder if there's several other items all in a row that were filled all at once.

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Friendly Stranger
There's also Twoism, which has a release date of 5th May 2023 in Boomkat, and a WARPCDD70 CAT

https://boomkat.com/products/twoism-506 ... e63b4781d3

Dayvan Cowboy
Warp just doing what they can. Refreshing their catalogue with some new cover. Cool

arvy wrote:Warp just doing what they can. Refreshing their catalogue with some new cover. Cool

You’re missing the crucial part here. It was NOT their catalogue. Until now it was a SKAM exclusive. From now on Warp seems to own the rights. Major news!

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
arvy wrote:Warp just doing what they can. Refreshing their catalogue with some new cover. Cool

You’re missing the crucial part here. It was NOT their catalogue. Until now it was a SKAM exclusive. From now on Warp seems to own the rights. Major news!

Thanks, wasn't even thought about it tbh, ok

Boqurant
But I've bought the Hi Scores vinyl from Bleep (years ago). Let me see if I understood this: They were just selling something from Skam on their site, and from now on this will be a Warp release?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

BUT... what good has Warp been really, I've seen plenty of criticism on here against that label, which I cannot be bothered to track down but I am sure you all know what I am referring to.

I knock on wood, but I am forcing Myself to negativity, ensures only a little disappointment instead of total collapse. :D
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
Maybe they're just reminding us that they still have the back catalog in their possession. The thing is that Godreich said way back in 2001 that Warp had already bought the rights to their music.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
Magrathea wrote:I've seen plenty of criticism on here against that label, which I cannot be bothered to track down but I am sure you all know what I am referring to.

"No, I'm not going to back up my claim, but all you know what I'm talking about"

No, I really don't know what you're referring to, and it's kind of shitty to post things like that without any proof. Especially if your reasoning is that you "cannot be bothered"...

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:
Magrathea wrote:I've seen plenty of criticism on here against that label, which I cannot be bothered to track down but I am sure you all know what I am referring to.

"No, I'm not going to back up my claim, but all you know what I'm talking about"

No, I really don't know what you're referring to, and it's kind of shitty to post things like that without any proof. Especially if your reasoning is that you "cannot be bothered"...

Oh? Hmm...

There was an ongoing thread of messages saying how warp strayed from the true meaning of IDM, how they were only the pale ghost of their former active glory, etc. etc. It was in passing, I am not an ai, I do NOT process deep data and remember it all, but any one that honestly read through the many posts re BOC knows that this is floating and it is more than just a few vocal ones.

That being said, hey I know I have a tendency to be Passive-Agressive, sorry, I'm working on that,
(for My sarcastic humor and dark outlook, there's no hope however)
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
How can you stray from the "true meaning" of a genre that always strives to be different and changing?

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:

I did like the hoo-ha of the Bleep/Warp advent calender, how dare a label sell a poster for a few bob around xmas time? However that "bob" was 40, I'm not made of money. :wink:
The Bleep Advent Calender Has Something BoC coming soon!

Posts Quantity
MHTRTC is still listed as Warp/Skam, so it looks like it's just Hi Scores that's changed

https://bleep.com/release/7819-boards-o ... o-children

deadfly wrote:MHTRTC is still listed as Warp/Skam, so it looks like it's just Hi Scores that's changed

Of course, because Hi Scores was previously ONLY on SKAM. Now it's Warp/SKAM. Just like MHTRTC which was already Warp/SKAM from the start.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:
deadfly wrote:MHTRTC is still listed as Warp/Skam, so it looks like it's just Hi Scores that's changed

Of course, because Hi Scores was previously ONLY on SKAM. Now it's Warp/SKAM. Just like MHTRTC which was already Warp/SKAM from the start.

No, the remastered version of Hi Scores originally came out on Skam, now it's listed as Warp, not Warp/Skam. The original version is still listed as Skam though (not Warp/Skam)

deadfly wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

No, the remastered version of Hi Scores originally came out on Skam, now it's listed as Warp, not Warp/Skam. The original version is still listed as Skam though (not Warp/Skam)

Warp didn't own any Hi Scores release prior to this discovery. That's the news here. You guys are tiring.

Boqurant
back to sleep i go. night night

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada