GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Do you hear that..? It's the sound of Biznasty typing up another speculation post... Brace yourselves! :shock:

Some light digging has uncovered that this new Hi Scores has a new CAT number and artwork!!!

WARPDD367

This is the first BoC-related CAT# in a decade! A simple reissue from Warp? Possibly, but something inside me doubts this. For now, it's only available as a digital download. But I suspect an immediate vinyl repressing, prior to any announcement would make too big of a splash, too soon.

A new CAT number at the very least guarantees we'll get an announcement from Warp sometime soon. Whether all that's in that announcement is Hi Scores, I don't know. Even then, that's still huge news, in my opinion. No offense to Skam, but having a singular BoC release on a different label was odd, lol. Warp finally having the last piece of the entire BoCatalogue could quite easily lead to... other older BoC releases coming to Warp.

My assumption (read: hope) is this is the first of a big campaign...

If we're still onboard for a BoCset, what better way to celebrate all their unheard material finally being released than making their entire discography available from the same place

What's odd is that it's a WARP#, not a WAP#... Makes me wonder if Hi Scores isn't the only music under that particular CAT#... Perhaps there's.... other items alongside it... perhaps inside of some... sort of.... box... :o

Lastly, 367 is pretty far above the rest of the albums coming out this year. Most of them are sitting in the 350s, which also makes me also wonder if there's several other items all in a row that were filled all at once.

You know, I hate to read into this too far...but this is the general speculation thread, but aren't those girls...or at least one of them featured on Old Tunes too. That makes this cover choice equally interesting and nostalgic ;)

*Wears aluminum hat*
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:aren't those girls...or at least one of them featured on Old Tunes too.

Oui.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:
Magrathea wrote:I've seen plenty of criticism on here against that label, which I cannot be bothered to track down but I am sure you all know what I am referring to.

"No, I'm not going to back up my claim, but all you know what I'm talking about"

No, I really don't know what you're referring to, and it's kind of shitty to post things like that without any proof. Especially if your reasoning is that you "cannot be bothered"...

We should try and be kinder to each other.

There was a better way to communicate that Biznasty.

New comers to the forum might see this kind of stuff and be discouraged to post for fear of being shot down.

We should be a warm and welcoming community for such beautiful heavenly music.

We should encourage posts and the sharing of ideas and questions.

Lets be better to each other.

best
HexagonFox

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:We should try and be kinder to each other.

There was a better way to communicate that Biznasty.

New comers to the forum might see this kind of stuff and be discouraged to post for fear of being shot down.

We should be a warm and welcoming community for such beautiful heavenly music.

We should encourage posts and the sharing of ideas and questions.

Lets be better to each other.

best
HexagonFox

Yes. :D Thank you foxey for the positive thoughts n text.
If I could add something off topic, the internet to me recently has been both a revelation and a purge to previous activities I used to enjoy. I think there's still great steps in this life for me to take, I'm working on it to soon take em.
Thus, I have been aspiring to moderate my online life, and not to make a too finer point philosophically, I absolutely think it's important to.
Plus I'm all about dat well-being and kindness you display. 8)

(This hippy-drippy post was brought to you by moi truly, I'm off to join a Grateful Dead fan-club.)

Eagle Minded

We gotta be almost there, so hold fast, fellas.

I feel like we could start naming members for each person on this raft.

I used to think the ship in the distance repped the bros, but now I think MDG is more fitting. Notice the wind is blowing the sail in the opposite direction of the rescue ship.

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:Image

We gotta be almost there, so hold fast, fellas.

I feel like we could start naming members for each person on this raft.

I used to think the ship in the distance repped the bros, but now I think MDG is more fitting. Notice the wind is blowing the sail in the opposite direction of the rescue ship.

I think people are just experiencing motion sickness from the water
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

hexagonFox wrote:
Biznasty wrote:
Magrathea wrote:I've seen plenty of criticism on here against that label, which I cannot be bothered to track down but I am sure you all know what I am referring to.

"No, I'm not going to back up my claim, but all you know what I'm talking about"

No, I really don't know what you're referring to, and it's kind of shitty to post things like that without any proof. Especially if your reasoning is that you "cannot be bothered"...

We should try and be kinder to each other.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, is another thing to take into consideration.

Dayvan Cowboy
Newcomers should realise that twoism.org 50 times of 100 speaks in codes and hints. And time works different here.

Sherbet Head
It's almost too nice in here to be honest. I mean, people should go out of their way to be arseholes but if something needs calling out then call it out, otherwise silly comments, attitudes and theories slide by and gains validity for the poster.
Biznasty called it fine.
There is nothing wild or conspiratory in that people have said in the past that Warp went off the rails with their core product, and that's not even Warps problem, it's the listeners problem with being stuck in their lane and not accepting that a business can grow in order to stay relevant and making money. If Warp stayed with the flavour of IDM it started with then it would out of business quickly.
They had some questionable signings over the years but that's just my opinion for my taste.

Be nice but still keep it spicy for fun. Some outlandish comments on here need smacking about with the realism bat sometimes.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
DW wrote:But I've bought the Hi Scores vinyl from Bleep (years ago). Let me see if I understood this: They were just selling something from Skam on their site, and from now on this will be a Warp release?

Yes, the vast majority of stuff Bleep that sell is not on Warp: https://bleep.com/best-selling

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:

You are of course referring to the time Biznasty took a bite out of the fake Hooperbay Record?

Eagle Minded
I went down a rabbit hole last night listening to the “Wiccan samples” used for Geogaddi. And I came across an article recommended to me about this Friday being a “ a black new moon” apparently there is no definition for said occurrence other than it’s rare. And that a lot of people in the Wiccan community hold rituals around that time. The term came around in 2016….. might add to speculation about this May Warp release or announcement.

That’s just “what I know”…..

Friendly Stranger
hexagonFox wrote:And I came across an article recommended to me about this Friday being a “ a black new moon” apparently there is no definition for said occurrence other than it’s rare.

It’s just when there’s a second new moon within a calendar month. Kind of like “blue moon” is for full moons.

Dayvan Cowboy
^^^
Full moons are special occasions... ain't that right Echelon? :wink:

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:“ a black new moon” “what I know”…..

All black like http://marcuseoin.com and http://hellinterface.com?

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:^^^
Full moons are special occasions... ain't that right Echelon? :wink:

Haha I love this shout out. I actually know the names of all the moons for the last five months thanks to a certain mooninite releasing his new songs on the eve of a full moon.

I don't know if BOC would steal his gimmick even though they had the infamous red moon scandal

That said, I don't know why but this new Warp licensed cover with the ladies really gives me good vibes. Surely it means something!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Newcomers should realise that twoism.org 50 times of 100 speaks in codes and hints. And time works different here.

Valve time moment

Sherbet Head
BoC on BBC Radio 3 within the next 25 mins

Sherbet Head
In reality I think that the Finity in the stone is the 1969 of the Hexagon Sun. Thus the Twoism in all of us is shown by the light of the Forest Moon and anyone claiming the supposed "Geometric piss" is full of Sac. In conclusion the Music is Math and we should all be the wiser of the King of Carnival.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:BoC on BBC Radio 3 within the next 25 mins

It was Zeotrope, With birds singing mixed on top. Nothing spectacular but first time hearing them on BBC Radio 3, Not that I listen often

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada