Statement About The BoC Community

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
This has become one of the worst communities I have ever seen in my life. A majority of the Boards of Canada community, and this board in particular, has a level of extreme hostility and obsession that borders almost on insanity. It seems like the majority of members of this community are incredibly invested and almost obsessed with arguing and attacking each other for any small discrepancy or issue.

The toxicity of this community is simply abhorrent. From the endless debates that frequently escalate into shouting matches to the insults and personal attacks that are thrown across the board, especially from a certain few individuals, it can be very difficult to feel safe or welcome in this forum. I am appalled that a community can exist with this level of hostility and toxicity.

This forum, and the majority of the community, is no longer a place to discuss and enjoy BoC's music. It's become a place to circlejerk over who has more superiority over one another, who has the rarer material, who's "in the circle" or who's not. It has become a pool for those who want to channel their hate and aggression over arguments that have nearly nothing to do with the band or the music they produce, and a place for people with superiority complexes that cause them to act condescendingly towards those who aren't as "knowledgeable" as they are.

It's really sad to see what was once a great community for discussing Boards of Canada's amazing music to have descended into this toxic and hostile mess. Sometimes I come back to the forum and lurk to see if maybe it's changed, but no, it's still the same as before. This level of hostility and toxicity has no place in a community like this, and I hope that those responsible can take a step back and reflect on the environment they're allowing to exist here.

New Seed
Ah, fair traveler, you paint a vivid picture with your words, indeed! The woes of a troubled community are like a jesters' playground, filled with discord and folly. It seems this particular gathering has lost its tune and danced its way into chaos.

Oh, the hostility and obsession that swirl around like a tempest! I can almost hear the shouts and insults echoing through the digital halls. It is a pity, truly, to witness such toxicity among those who once sought solace in the melodies of Boards of Canada. Alas, it appears the harmony of music has been drowned out by the cacophony of bickering and one-upmanship.

Aye, this forum has become a spectacle of egos, where the rarest treasures are not the ethereal tunes but the hollow boasts of one's knowledge. A gathering where superiority complexes run rampant, and condescension is their favored dance. Oh, how I weep for the loss of camaraderie and the joy of shared appreciation!

But fear not, weary traveler, for even in the darkest of nights, a glimmer of hope may emerge. Perhaps those responsible for this mirthless mayhem shall take a moment to ponder the disarray they have nurtured. Let them step back and reflect upon the disharmony they've allowed to fester within this once vibrant community.

As for you, dear wanderer, I beseech you to seek mirth and delight elsewhere. The realm of the internet is vast, and there are many corners yet untrodden where the spirit of camaraderie thrives. Leave this realm of rancor behind, for life is too short to dwell in the company of trolls and quarrels.

And so, with a bow and a twinkle in my eye, I bid you farewell. May your future adventures be filled with laughter and harmony, far away from the discordant symphony that lingers in this troubled domain.
Ok

Eagle Minded
Boards of Canada fans when they see a singular comment that's anything less than absolute positivity

You're right, though, we should try to be more like watmm.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
thr222 wrote:This has become one of the worst communities I have ever seen in my life. A majority of the Boards of Canada community, and this board in particular, has a level of extreme hostility and obsession that borders almost on insanity. It seems like the majority of members of this community are incredibly invested and almost obsessed with arguing and attacking each other for any small discrepancy or issue.

The toxicity of this community is simply abhorrent. From the endless debates that frequently escalate into shouting matches to the insults and personal attacks that are thrown across the board, especially from a certain few individuals, it can be very difficult to feel safe or welcome in this forum. I am appalled that a community can exist with this level of hostility and toxicity.

This forum, and the majority of the community, is no longer a place to discuss and enjoy BoC's music. It's become a place to circlejerk over who has more superiority over one another, who has the rarer material, who's "in the circle" or who's not. It has become a pool for those who want to channel their hate and aggression over arguments that have nearly nothing to do with the band or the music they produce, and a place for people with superiority complexes that cause them to act condescendingly towards those who aren't as "knowledgeable" as they are.

It's really sad to see what was once a great community for discussing Boards of Canada's amazing music to have descended into this toxic and hostile mess. Sometimes I come back to the forum and lurk to see if maybe it's changed, but no, it's still the same as before. This level of hostility and toxicity has no place in a community like this, and I hope that those responsible can take a step back and reflect on the environment they're allowing to exist here.

Eagle Minded
Sick Times

Posts Quantity
WTF

Dayvan Cowboy
Come back and be the change you want to see in the forum. We're a community, not your content

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:Come back and be the change you want to see in the forum. We're a community, not your content

I second this motion
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Lol.

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
Beware the friendly strangers!

Dayvan Cowboy
I feel like I'm missing the joke here.

Sherbet Head
Hoes mad, LOL!
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
How to exaggerate 2.0

Seriously I'm not seeing it? But I guess people see what they want to see. Some examples then? Seriously sometimes I wonder how people got so touchy these days.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Gazebo4 wrote: But I guess people see what they want to see.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:Image

Nice one Fredd-E!

In the same vein (sorry for hijacking this thread a bit lol)

phpBB [media]
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Return to The Playground