GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:This album has aged marvelously and it could've been released yesterday. It makes a lot better sense now.

I think this is an interesting point. Not that I don't agree, but I think a big factor in it still sounding so fresh is that it feels that culture (and politics) has barely moved (and in parts regressed) in 10 years and probably longer.

Dayvan Cowboy
Are you real

Just in the past 3 years there's so much happened/happening right now, you just keep up. I think we are reaching some form of singularity.

Total mind control

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Are you real

Just in the past 3 years there's so much happened/happening right now, you just keep up. I think we are reaching some form of singularity.

Total mind control

Singularity will absolutely happen and soon but probably not in our lifetime, we're still on the complex side of things. Everyone's everywhere.

Reach for the dead, lest something reach you first. Reach for the dead or you will come to dust.

Sherbet Head
@babylulu

What happen to Misc BoC video? ;(

Dayvan Cowboy
jcnporter wrote:
Echelon wrote:This album has aged marvelously and it could've been released yesterday. It makes a lot better sense now.

I think this is an interesting point. Not that I don't agree, but I think a big factor in it still sounding so fresh is that it feels that culture (and politics) has barely moved (and in parts regressed) in 10 years and probably longer.

Musically, it fits in well too. There's so many dystopian and end of the world albums now. But there weren't a lot in 2013 from current artists. BOC basically predicted the stuff we're getting now
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

New Seed
Echelon wrote:
jcnporter wrote:

Musically, it fits in well too. There's so many dystopian and end of the world albums now. But there weren't a lot in 2013 from current artists. BOC basically predicted the stuff we're getting now

This was all predicted in the early 70's 'Limit's to growth even mentioned 2020 as the year that something would have to be done about it.

BoC aren't some mystics with a crystal ball in their bunker. They just made an apocalyptic album.

They've been spinning the whole apocalyptic thing since they were signed to Warp. The media around them pushing the living in a bunker rumours (which they nervously laughed off during the John Peel conversation), talking about population growth and the toll it's taken on the environment. I believe they genuinely care, but in terms of being ahead of the curve. Nah, you've gotta go back to Thomas Malthus for that.

The title to their first warp album 'Music has the Right to Children even has an apocalyptic title and I'm not 100% sure it was them that thought the title up? They came up with another bullshit story that it was from a hymn book they had at school. LOL. - it's more prevalent now because environmentalism is at the forefront of most media outlets now. But the same cry out was in a lot of places in the 60s and 70s. It was just held off until the right psychopaths were found and put into power to take the blame for this event. They were found and they did. HAHAHAHA. Everyone knows that this entire event was planned. It's as plain as day and you were all invited to take part.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Are you real

Total mind control

Eeerrrr...
Honestly? we have so much to work on. We're in full divide ond conquer mode right now and while certain generations are still breathing they will continue to pollute the weak minded into keeping the old mindset and stop us progressing for the benefit of all. The old world benefitted the few, they want to keep it that way. While many of us are progressive and feel things are getting better, we are just in bubbles with that. Go into the average "real world" and you'll see that people are absolute shells, not taking in any facts just parroting the first generic news they hear that is geared to make them feel that others are taking from them in some way.
We are far from any sort of anything good.
Last edited by Geogandhi on Wed May 24, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
DrRetardo wrote:
This was all predicted in the early 70's 'Limit's to growth even mentioned 2020 as the year that something would have to be done about it.

BoC aren't some mystics with a crystal ball in their bunker. They just made an apocalyptic album.

They've been spinning the whole apocalyptic thing since they were signed to Warp. The media around them pushing the living in a bunker rumours (which they nervously laughed off during the John Peel conversation), talking about population growth and the toll it's taken on the environment. I believe they genuinely care, but in terms of being ahead of the curve. Nah, you've gotta go back to Thomas Malthus for that.

The title to their first warp album 'Music has the Right to Children even has an apocalyptic title and I'm not 100% sure it was them that thought the title up? They came up with another bullshit story that it was from a hymn book they had at school. LOL. - it's more prevalent now because environmentalism is at the forefront of most media outlets now. But the same cry out was in a lot of places in the 60s and 70s. It was just held off until the right psychopaths were found and put into power to take the blame for this event. They were found and they did. HAHAHAHA. Everyone knows that this entire event was planned. It's as plain as day and you were all invited to take part.

I think somewhere in the interview they mentioned an alternative future and getting old the kid which you was before almost a different lost person which never come back.

yeah, but ultimately we are good, people are good

and you don't have to be so serious, life is a joke

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:and you don't have to be so serious, life is a joke

good ol' arvy :D

Posts Quantity
steeldancer-x wrote:@babylulu

What happen to Misc BoC video? ;(

copyright. working on appeals

Eagle Minded
This is giving me Hades Antenna / Sheol Boundary / Hell interface/ Justinbieber in North Korea/ everything else Boards of Canada vibes. Just want to get eyes on this.

https://www.youtube.com/@nostradamusradar

Besides the strange user name.

There is an interesting user start date as well.
04/14/2010 maybe a nod to Apex .....idk

I jus saw this on the BOC. reddit and it really peaked my Fox Eyes and Ears and vibes :idea:

I hear: Potenitial Tablas from Alpha & Omega,
As well as the obvious vibe and tone influence on sundown and other areas of TH.

could there be more.

Just felt we should investigate.

We are near to the summer solstice

"Just give it a bit longer"

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:This is giving me Hades Antenna / Sheol Boundary / Hell interface/ Justinbieber in North Korea/ everything else Boards of Canada vibes. Just want to get eyes on this.

https://www.youtube.com/@nostradamusradar

Besides the strange user name.

There is an interesting user start date as well.
04/14/2010 maybe a nod to Apex .....idk

I jus saw this on the BOC. reddit and it really peaked my Fox Eyes and Ears and vibes :idea:

I hear: Potenitial Tablas from Alpha & Omega,
As well as the obvious vibe and tone influence on sundown and other areas of TH.

could there be more.

Just felt we should investigate.

We are near to the summer solstice

It's probably just another youtube account made by statpow
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Eagle Minded
qukk_ wrote:
hexagonFox wrote:This is giving me Hades Antenna / Sheol Boundary / Hell interface/ Justinbieber in North Korea/ everything else Boards of Canada vibes. Just want to get eyes on this.

It's probably just another youtube account made by statpow

The ride with you was worth the fall my friend
Loving you makes life worth living
Didn't we almost have it all
The night we held on till the morning
You know you'll never love that way again
Didn't we almost have it all

Friendly Stranger
Magrathea wrote:err...

A new project aims to help prepare humanity for the day — should it ever come — that we make contact with intelligent aliens.

Just sayin'

https://asignin.space/the-message/

Eagle Minded
I got some new speakers and then played all the BoC stuff and it sounded really nice -- really newly enjoyed Skyliner and Amo using re speakers. I would really like some new BoC to play through them that would be cool.

On topic Please re-release some non-album tracks on vinyl : Orange Romeda, Whitewater etc.

Could they do Whitewater or would Disney ask for money so they can't from the SS sample?

Sherbet Head
Glen_Glog wrote:Could they do Whitewater or would Disney ask for money so they can't from the SS sample?

That same sample appears in Sixtyten and other samples from that same sesame street episode appear in several other BoC songs, clearly they've got some sort of weird hangup with re-releasing Whitewater but I doubt it has anything to do with licensing.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Whitewater is like one of their super religious style tracks I really dig it -- digital file can do. Thanks for reply

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:Musically, it fits in well too. There's so many dystopian and end of the world albums now. But there weren't a lot in 2013 from current artists. BOC basically predicted the stuff we're getting now

Predicted or it got worse?

Friendly Stranger
Today's _______, Tomorrow's Harvest
ɪɲ ʕʰɘɼɾʏ ɟȺɱɨʟʮ

"My world is your dreamworld, and vice versa. However, and as discussed, the two worlds are coming together apace. [78103301]"

"Dazzled or enlightened, he tries to understand and, at times, to expand the rules of a game he never asked to take part in, and that he is not allowed to renounce."

Friendly Stranger
theconiferoust wrote:Today's _______, Tomorrow's Harvest
Empires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada