GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
babylulu wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:I have a weird idea that since Hi Scores is missing from their releases section on YouTube maybe they are going to replace it with something else

Like a different ep.. From back in the day.. Yeah I wish

Edit: Never even noticed the releases section before tbh but it looks like it's a new thing? Looks like everything is being uploaded over the course of the last week judging by the upload dates so I guess they just haven't got round to uploading Hi Scores yet

Releases section has always been there. It updates frequently automatically on behalf of Youtube. The Hi Scores release was just replaced on their official Spotify page, so it’s possible the EP is just now recirculating under Warp instead of Skam now.

Well that makes a lot of sense

Boqurant
Just dropping a line to wish everyone a happy anniversary (TH on repeat all day at home) and to thank you all for this thread and for carrying the fire. Every other day or so I pay a visit to read your ever-entertaining and informative commentary. Again, thank you, and please take care out there. <3
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Boqurant
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
(Stunning release though. J.M Jarre's truest ambience was Waiting for Cousteau which isn't for everyone's liking, even if you have the patience of a true saint to listen to Eno's Thursday Afternoon in full. :lol:)

Thursday Afternoon is on my regular playlist. It soothes. :)

Happy 10th peeps!
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
el Cerebro wrote:Just dropping a line to wish everyone a happy anniversary (TH on repeat all day at home) and to thank you all for this thread and for carrying the fire. Every other day or so I pay a visit to read your ever-entertaining and informative commentary. Again, thank you, and please take care out there. <3

Thank you for this wholesome post! It warms my heart to read :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
BOC liked the Treblezine article on Twitter. I guess we know where they stand in terms of AI now since this article is an anti AI article.

The article makes the point that an AI could never generate Music Has The Right To Children because every acre of it is imbued with a human touch and even all the sesame street voices are expertly placed.

I agree. And honestly, I feel that about their work in general. Even Biz's Hooper Bay still did not feel genuinely them (but it was closer than anyone had ever gotten imo) and I cannot wait for a genuine BOC album from them. Even Societas made the point that all the oranges were expertly squeezed together to make the real minute maid!

Sherbet Head
I was listening to that minute maid ad last night and was thinking the same thing, As if you can't just make a BoC track, You need to follow a particular process. Also Aquarius has two types of orange in it lol

Friendly Stranger
Looks like a new Aphex Twin EP is coming at least.

https://twitter.com/hasitleaked/status/ ... iud-Q&s=19

Dayvan Cowboy
Id be very surprised if AI could create Music Has The Right To Children as actual musicians have been trying and failing to rebottle that particular magic since it came out. :D

Eagle Minded
Four more likes for four hundred total. All about TH10th. One of them reads "what happens next?" and another "GIVE US A SIGN."
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Biznasty wrote:Four more likes for four hundred total. All about TH10th. One of them reads "what happens next?" and another "GIVE US A SIGN."

October 19th? what do you think

Sherbet Head
22nd September either announcement or release

Dayvan Cowboy
Leak the old albums

Dayvan Cowboy
It sure would be nice if the next announcement from Warp is BOC. I'm gonna cross my fingers that it is.

Whatever it is, it's 100% happening. It's just a matter of when.

Posts Quantity
I want Biz to make the epic baby guitar synth album so that we can have another big discussion like we all did on that fateful day in April.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
Tbh, he's out , next time nobody believes him, would he dare not to reveal his identity eventually?

last time 24h was enough. Honestly it would put much pressure on Mdg, and other administrators here, as such activity I believe can't go without a notice, they have to be first in the mix. So I believe next time we see a legit leak, it is a real deal. They shot themself in the foot cooking that fake hooper bay video

:)

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:Tbh, he's out , next time nobody believes him, would he dare not to reveal his identity eventually?

last time 24h was enough. Honestly it would put much pressure on Mdg, and other administrators here, as such activity I believe can't go without a notice, they have to be first in the mix. So I believe next time we see a legit leak, it is a real deal. They shot themself in the foot cooking that fake hooper bay video

He may have eaten the vinyl, but you drank the kool aid

Biz is fine, a once off prank is what he was going for. He's just another hardcore speculator like the rest of us, and somehow even a little more sane than a lot of us too...

Eagle Minded
it gave us some excitement for a day. i will forever cherish the genuine wonder i felt when the full video first dropped. and I did genuinely think to myself, "we've made it". don't care that it was a prank, it was a really fun experience! it definitely raised the bar tremendously for fakes, you'll see a lot less in the future.
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
Always makes me a bit suspicious when people go to a lot of effort for a prank

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:Tbh, he's out , next time nobody believes him, would he dare not to reveal his identity eventually?

It was supposed to be a joke. It wasn't Biz's fault that a few people lost their cool. besides, (not trying to be too much of a dick) that sort of naivety is prevalent in the community and nobody seems to be acknowledging it, so it was important that Biz and Demo brought it up in the hooper bay video.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Sherbet Head
Can you expand on what you mean by naivety bring prevelant in the community?

Like everyone who believed that Hooper Bay was real is naive and that was some sort of cruel punishment being dished out?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada