GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 669
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
ryetronics wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Thats assuming Rye knew there werent 31 days in September lol Went straight over my head!


Don't we all know the knuckle counting trick? : )


I do now 8)

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
so how about that Spiro huh?

out of all their tracks i need a studio recording of Spiro the most
Image

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
babylulu wrote:so how about that Spiro huh?

out of all their tracks i need a studio recording of Spiro the most


Me too. In the meanwhile though, we have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHQyTLGkwCs
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Joined: 3 May 2020
There's a new post on the Instagram account of a fan video for Slow This Bird Down. That's the first new activity in a good while

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Apr 2021
NorthernPlastics wrote:There's a new post on the Instagram account of a fan video for Slow This Bird Down. That's the first new activity in a good while


Every time they post something out of the blue that turns out to be an old clip that fulfils their social media obligations for the next 12 months.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
Burning Shadow wrote:
NorthernPlastics wrote:There's a new post on the Instagram account of a fan video for Slow This Bird Down. That's the first new activity in a good while


Every time they post something out of the blue that turns out to be an old clip that fulfils their social media obligations for the next 12 months.


It doesn't really mean anything though. It's been going on for the past 10 years and nothing is different about it this time around.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 1784
Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
phpBB [media]

This is so GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC coded
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 669
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
You'd think the bros could upload an old tune or something. Just one, They must have one old tune lying around they wouldnt mind releasing

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 94
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
luminousdusk wrote:You'd think the bros could upload an old tune or something. Just one, They must have one old tune lying around they wouldnt mind releasing


Let's be real: the boxset concept is off the table, it's been off since Old Tunes leaked.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
doubt it. they’ve been talking about the box set since after Old Tunes leaked
Image

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 669
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
qukk_ wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:You'd think the bros could upload an old tune or something. Just one, They must have one old tune lying around they wouldnt mind releasing


Let's be real: the boxset concept is off the table, it's been off since Old Tunes leaked.


Hold your horses! I only asked for a cheeseburger not the whole happy meal

Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 436
Joined: 2 Mar 2020
Mans gotta eat Lahey

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
this is back up. third time is the charm?

https://youtu.be/zQ4tqoIelaM?si=tZhupja1jTTQjybq
Image

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
haven’t seen any discussion on this. sounds like a good remake/cover of Duffy. captures that sound pretty well. nice to whoever made this https://youtu.be/zfqCxEk6fHY?si=8G5i0OYVHlGWLoqY
Image

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Jan 2021
When they said Tomorrow’s Harvest, when exactly was the tomorrow they were referring to? Maybe that’s now and we can reap the benefits.

Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1872
Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Hope we still have time left
Image

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 Nov 2023
babylulu wrote:haven’t seen any discussion on this. sounds like a good remake/cover of Duffy. captures that sound pretty well. nice to whoever made this https://youtu.be/zfqCxEk6fHY?si=8G5i0OYVHlGWLoqY


Damn. That recreation is hauntingly good. When you line it up with the real thing everything matches pretty much 1:1 (try it yourself), aside from a couple of things like the synth at 0:19 seemingly having a bit more reverb than the original one. Also there's an excerpt of Growing Hand at the and which also sounds pretty legit, this could easily pass as an older track of theirs.

Who made this? The account it was uploaded on is new and doesn't have any activity, also the nickname translates to "The Other Stranger" in Welsh, which is the name of a track that appeared on Societas X. And the author claims that it's an excerpt, not a cover. It would be pretty cool if this was the legit thing.

Anyway, this is some high effort quality stuff.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 669
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
It is a very good cover

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 234
Joined: 21 Mar 2016
Woah that's rad -- has that pastoral Oldfield vibe down great job

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Joined: 20 Mar 2022
Location: philly
i wouldn’t be shocked if it was a legitimate version of Duffy/Growing Hands, but realistically it’s probably just a very faithful recreation
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests