Okay, who here knows Swedish?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I believe there is an interview in the October 2005 issue of Sonic, a Swedish music magazine:

BOARDS OF CANADA

I alla diskussioner om electronica finns en duo alltid med i bakgrunden; Boards of Canada. Dessa Edinburgh-baserade killar (som eventuellt är bröder) skapade i och med sin andra skiva, 1998 års »Music Has the Right to Children«, något av en milstolpe och måttstock i den genren. Sedan »Music Has the Right to Children« har Boards of Canada hållit en låg profil, uppföljaren »Geogaddi« kom 2002 och nu i mitten av oktober är det dags för album nummer fyra, »The Campfire Headphase«. Nytt för den här gången är bland annat att de frångått sin medieskygga atittyd, vilket innebär att Billy Rimgard fått en audiens hos duon hemma i Skottland.

Poor quality machine translation here

Telepath
Hilarious translation!

"BOARDS PERCEIVE CANADA

IN all discussions if electronica find a duo always with in background Boards perceive Canada. These Edinburgh - found fellow ( as possibly is bread ) created in and with its second cut års »Music Has the Right to Children« , any of a milestone and måttstock in the genren. Sedan »Music Has the Right to Children« had Boards perceive Canada way a lows image uppföljaren »Geogaddi« arrived 2002 and now in mid of Oct. is the dags for album size four »The Campfire Headphase«. Nytt for this gangway is among other that they be clear its medieskygga atittyd , which imply that Cars Rimgard gotten a audience with duon housewife in Scotland."

I'm going to call my favourite band "Boards Percieve Canada" from now on :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
i have friends over there..ill ask if they;ll help us out here...

Dayvan Cowboy
so basically it briefs you on some of there work and attitude and closes with saying that the interviewer conducted the interview at their home...wonder what is in the interview..

Sherbet Head
( as possibly is bread )

Que? :lol:
Viper.

Sherbet Head
The only interesting bit in that is

"Nytt för den här gången är bland annat att de frångått sin medieskygga atittyd, vilket innebär att Billy Rimgard fått en audiens hos duon hemma i Skottland."

"New for this time around is that they stopped their media shy attitude and let Billy Rimgard have a interview with them at their home in Scotland."

Friendly Stranger
Well, it would be interesting to read the complete interview and not just the preamble. I am happy to translate if someone could send me the text.

Happy Cycler
m lon wrote:Well, it would be interesting to read the complete interview and not just the preamble. I am happy to translate if someone could send me the text.

We would greatly appreciate that. Does anyone here actually have the article?

It seems we may just have the blurb in the link that Moebius provided at the top of this thread.

Sherbet Head
There appears to be a link to buy back issues ("KÖP!") and the Dec 2005 issue (#25) is included among the list, so I assume it is in stock.

Friendly Stranger
Correct, the issue in question is still in stock.

Dayvan Cowboy
A Gothenburger! I love that city, spent six weeks in and around it back in 2000.

Friendly Stranger
hungry_manweaselbeast wrote:A Gothenburger! I love that city, spent six weeks in and around it back in 2000.

Good to hear that you enjoyed yourself. It would have been a slightly different experience if you had been here in the summer of 2001: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjMs4VFa9g&feature=related.

Friendly Stranger
Good to hear that you enjoyed yourself. It would have been a slightly different experience if you had been here in the summer of 2001: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjMs4VFa9g&feature=related.

Man, those riots were crazy. In my hometown there are riots every year though :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFXF-riKUEw

Boqurant
did anyone get around to translate this interview?

Sherbet Head
Someone needs to email Bill and ask where their home is.
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Friendly Stranger
Well, I'm still around and wouldn't mind translating if anyone could get hold of the interview.

Sherbet Head
thedisavowed wrote:
m lon wrote:Well, it would be interesting to read the complete interview and not just the preamble. I am happy to translate if someone could send me the text.

We would greatly appreciate that. Does anyone here actually have the article?

It seems we may just have the blurb in the link that Moebius provided at the top of this thread.

hey man, mad props on the dj shadow avatar. i always wondered if BOC fans enjoy DJ shadow as much as i do... endtroducing might be my favorite album ever

Eagle Minded
nick47 wrote:Someone needs to email Bill and ask where their home is.

QFT. :lol:

Eagle Minded
Ah, another Göteborgare :D Wonder if I know you? Its a quite small city..
The interview must be available somewhere? I can email them..?

Eagle Minded
I have ordered the magazine now so I can check..

Next

Return to Boards of Canada