BMI repertoire search: New/mysterious tracktitles!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
BunnyRabbit wrote:
I was surpised that Trapped was in but not Midas Touch.

no other remixes listed either :?

Dayvan Cowboy
hungry_manweaselbeast wrote:
BunnyRabbit wrote:

That's because they don't hold copyright on those songs I would guess. Someone should see if its possible to do a search like this on the UK version of BMI, the MCPS-PRS Alliance..cos BoC would also have tracks registered with them.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

harpoon dodger wrote:
hungry_manweaselbeast wrote:
BunnyRabbit wrote:

That's because they don't hold copyright on those songs I would guess. Someone should see if its possible to do a search like this on the UK version of BMI, the MCPS-PRS Alliance..cos BoC would also have tracks registered with them.
Indeed and even more so they should be happy if they've not been accused of copyright infringement either! ;) But I guess their labels got that shizzle settled.

Dayvan Cowboy
Boards of Canada is Marcus Eoin Sandison and Michael PETER Sandison

Might be old though little-known news since Googling the latter name gives a result (see for yourself).
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Wait a second, I'll fill you in about that Google result..

HERE

Marcus's full name is Marcus Eoin Sandison and I'm 99% sure Mike's is Michael Peter Sandison. They are definitely brothers. I was friends with them at School. Don't ask me to give out private details about their family etc. I respect their privacy. Names and birthdays are no biggie, however. KToiBalToi (talk) 01:45, 3 February 2008 (UTC)

Unless this KToiBalToi cheated and also used the site I used, this makes him pretty reliable.

Look what he says about Old Tunes (excerpt):

The girl on the cover of "a few old tunes" is Louise Campbell, the younger sister of (Peter) Iain Campbell who has worked with them on other art projects. I think it was taken as a still from an old family video.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Nova Scotia Robot
Great find Guido!

Sherbet Head
Finally some new/interesting 'news'. If something of this ends up on a new record this topic will be epic indeed. ;)

Friendly Stranger
I'll bet the brothers read what is written within Twoism.
And I am REALLY curious what they would think about such findings about their work...

Perhaps, one day we get a post by one of them :)

And by the way. When I saw this Kia-Ora ad, it felt some kind of familiar to me although I couldn't have seen it over here in germany before, I think.
May the force be with you!

Happy Cycler
747Music wrote:Great find Guido!

agreed, its thread like this that keep this subforum alive :idea:
"It's been a long time..."

Posts Quantity
Pilzolli wrote:And by the way. When I saw this Kia-Ora ad, it felt some kind of familiar to me although I couldn't have seen it over here in germany before, I think.

It was referenced in the show Spaced.

Happy Cycler
aorta wrote:
Pilzolli wrote:And by the way. When I saw this Kia-Ora ad, it felt some kind of familiar to me although I couldn't have seen it over here in germany before, I think.

It was referenced in the show Spaced.

I really need to watch that show more. I only saw the pilot. Pretty funny stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
It's an awesome show.
The soundtrack is amazing too.

Eagle Minded
Alex440 wrote:The Kia-Ora ad is here: http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvLn9PWln8

I guess the name of the track was just a reference to it. I didn't even know it was the name of a drink, here in New Zealand we use it as a greeting. The other tracks could be ones they've only performed live, you can get royalties for performing your own song.
Anyway, good find!

I loved that ad as a kid for some reason (i wasn't allowed to drink it.. made me a bit hyper as i remember :shock: ..)

Great find.. Maybe those mystery titles could simply be album/EP tracks that didn't make the final edit but were registered for copywrite before the final listing?

edit: actually that wouldn't make sense as they appear to be registered after/between releases going by the numerical order.. perhaps outtakes registered after for potential future release?

Dayvan Cowboy
i may just be having one of those deja-vu moments, but i'm sure i've seen boards of canada - blueberry before, but i cant think where...hmm. confusion!

Dayvan Cowboy
bleak. wrote:i may just be having one of those deja-vu moments, but i'm sure i've seen boards of canada - blueberry before, but i cant think where...hmm. confusion!

None of all "new" songs appear to have been scrobbled/submitted to last.fm, if that means anything..

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:
bleak. wrote:i may just be having one of those deja-vu moments, but i'm sure i've seen boards of canada - blueberry before, but i cant think where...hmm. confusion!

None of all "new" songs appear to have been scrobbled/submitted to last.fm, if that means anything..

i cant quite think why it rings a bell with me...i'm most likely just confusing it with something else!

Nova Scotia Robot
bleak. wrote:
Guido wrote:

i cant quite think why it rings a bell with me...i'm most likely just confusing it with something else!

strange, i had the same deja-vu when i read about blueberry too. I just dismissed the feeling though.

Eagle Minded

me too. i can't quite place where i saw mention...i might even have a copy at work somewhere...dang, i know i have seen it...

Happy Cycler
was the "i think i've seen it at work somewhere" a quote in reference to that guy who said he had all sorts of rare boc shit at the record shop he worked at, then said he was a real estate agent and went all fucking mental when people called him up on it?
"It's been a long time..."

Eagle Minded
nope, i guess i was transposing something else...blackberry phone ads or something...not a mention of it here...darn, just some hooper bay stuff... :lol:
Last edited by m.oreilly on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada