'All Tomorrow's Parties' Film - BOC tune 'Echus'

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Just back from the 'All Tomorrow's Parties' Irish premier at the IFI in Dublin. Great film, really enjoyable, and makes me want to book tickets straight away for the next ATP festival... unfortunately, there is no footage of Boards Of Canada, but they do play about a 20 to 30 second snippet of their opening tune from the ATP festival in 2001(over footage of concert goers walking around the holiday homes at dawn). The songs listed at the end credit the BOC tune as 'Echus', written by Marcus Eoin & Michael Sandison and performed by Boards Of Canada. Pity there was no footage, but good to know the name of that tune. Anyone who can should check out the film, very 'Woodstock' in places with lots of split screen scenes, and it makes Camber Sands look like the coolest place to hold a music festival. Looking forward to the DVD.

Sherbet Head
Great I love this track, now we have a name.

Nice thing too to do the ATP festival ! Lucky Aimo.

Dayvan Cowboy
i remember a thread a while back with the song 'echus' mentioned - http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... s&start=50

as iec points out, the harry fox agency has 'echus' listed on the website. interesting!

Dayvan Cowboy
good stuff, thanks for that

Happy Cycler
bleak. wrote:the harry fox agency

pfffffffffffffbahhahahahahaha

sorry, go on
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Eagle Minded
super cool! i love that track, very soothing, and now we have a name.

that explains what it was doing on HFA.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Aimo wrote:unfortunately, there is no footage of Boards Of Canada, but they do play about a 20 to 30 second snippet of their opening tune from the ATP festival in 2001(over footage of concert goers walking around the holiday homes at dawn).

Aww, first Mogwai in stead of BoC and now not even video footage at all?! Now it's even more disappointing! It's hardly worth a news item on my bocpages anymore :'(

And even more so it's not even news basically because we already heard this track and we've already talked about the song echus some months ago on this forum. We just hadn't linked that specific track to this title.

Gah, it's time that there's some real epic boc news to be posted on the internet!

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:Gah, it's time that there's some real epic boc news to be posted on the internet!

Yep, I hear that. For a while there it felt as though there was a real buzz about possibly-upcoming BoC stuff, like static in the air before a thunderstorm. Barely tangible but definitely there. Now the winds have died down and the clouds are clearing. But dammit, I want my BoC thunderstorm.
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

Wishful thinking has beaten us once again.

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:
bleak. wrote:the harry fox agency

pfffffffffffffbahhahahahahaha

sorry, go on

?

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:Gah, it's time that there's some real epic boc news to be posted on the internet!

I thought "box set with unreleased tracks" was pretty good...

plus the shirts were a nice touch. I think that there's something coming, its steadily building, and we just take every chance to think it's gonna happen soon.

patience is tough... i'm anxious, too.

iec wrote:I thought "box set with unreleased tracks" was pretty good...
word, I almost forgot this one :) it was pretty good, but not yet epic..

Sherbet Head
I remember someone saying it was inevitable we were gonna be disappointed by BOC in the ATP film because it's how they roll

now we know that's how they really do roll and they're rolling!

Well I'm still stoked about seeing the film and Mogwai! Sure it's disappointing that BOC won't be there, but patience is a virtue. It's also a necessity as a BOC fanboy I guess :wink:

So, I'm currently at my parents in Northumberland, about 90 mins South of the Pentland Hills. The sun is dipping down over the horizon (radar) as I look out over the North Sea. The sea is like a mirror, it's so calm. It's so peaceful here and I can't wait for Wednesday. THEN, off into the Highlands with the tents.

Good times. :D

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
A bit disappointing, but it's good to have a name for at least one of the unreleased tracks. Maybe someone could fill us in on the rest, certainly there's no harm in us knowing the proper titles...

EDIT: To be absolutely clear, you're saying Echus is the first track on [wiki]Live @ ATP[/wiki] (6:23)? Was it a soundboard recording or was there crowd noise on it?

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:Well I'm still stoked about seeing the film and Mogwai! Sure it's disappointing that BOC won't be there, but patience is a virtue. It's also a necessity as a BOC fanboy I guess :wink:

So, I'm currently at my parents in Northumberland, about 90 mins South of the Pentland Hills. The sun is dipping down over the horizon (radar) as I look out over the North Sea. The sea is like a mirror, it's so calm. It's so peaceful here and I can't wait for Wednesday. THEN, off into the Highlands with the tents.

Good times. :D

Hope you have a good one in Edinburgh mexicola, you'll certainly enjoy the film, and I'm sure the gig afterwards will be great, I'm not making the trip over myself, can't really justify it now that boc aren't playing. That and the fact that I was prepared to go straight into work the next morning after flying back from Edinburgh. I'd do it if it was boc not for mogwai though!

Eagle Minded
if it is a soundboard recording... maybe recordings of these live tracks that we've got in decent-but-not-great quality might be appearing on the fabled box set?

if not, nix that :)

Sherbet Head
iec wrote:if it is a soundboard recording... maybe recordings of these live tracks that we've got in decent-but-not-great quality might be appearing on the fabled box set?

there's reason to believe it, there were reports that the second ATP track was played at one of the Warp club nights:

If anyone is interested, the first DJ on at Nesh last week played the real
version of the second ATP track by Boards.

You could spot the people who went, coz they recognised it right away.

Sherbet Head
more detective work

following boc is tiring ha ha

Posts Quantity
Moebius wrote:
iec wrote:if it is a soundboard recording... maybe recordings of these live tracks that we've got in decent-but-not-great quality might be appearing on the fabled box set?

there's reason to believe it, there were reports that the second ATP track was played at one of the Warp club nights:

If anyone is interested, the first DJ on at Nesh last week played the real
version of the second ATP track by Boards.

You could spot the people who went, coz they recognised it right away.

oooh, I think I just jizzed in my pants. This track is one of my favs of the new ones they played live. I hope I will have the chance to listen to some new BoC before I die of old age.
Without music, life would be a mistake.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada