Dawn Chorus Kid Sample

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Location: hello
It's been under our nose the entire time: https://puu.sh/tEazO/45f679f08a.mp3

(from the end of the Many Me's sketch)

phpBB [media]
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Joined: 15 Nov 2014
Location: Chile
Great find!
"Boards of Canada is a unique project that got a bit out of hand."

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Good find, Dong Horace.
Couple live jazz Boards of Canada covers of mine can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/ntowbinj

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3536
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Great find. Added to bocpages!

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 698
Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Witto wrote:Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]



this thread is referring to the end of the track, the "bye,bye.bye". not the moaning samples


there is definitely a female moaning throughout dawn chorus. doubting they pulled that one from sesame street


big bird buys a hooker

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Location: hello
Fireal420 wrote:
Witto wrote:Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]



this thread is referring to the end of the track, the "bye,bye.bye". not the moaning samples


there is definitely a female moaning throughout dawn chorus. doubting they pulled that one from sesame street


big bird buys a hooker


that is also a sample from the many me's sketch. i'll upload it later
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1485
Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Said it before but the more it turns out how many of their samples come from the same few sources the more it makes me respect the process of working with what they've got and getting the most out of every little thing.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Fireal420 wrote:
Witto wrote:Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]



this thread is referring to the end of the track, the "bye,bye.bye". not the moaning samples


there is definitely a female moaning throughout dawn chorus. doubting they pulled that one from sesame street


big bird buys a hooker


I'm sorry maybe I'm just really stupid but I don't hear any moaning in the track at all. I always thought it was just variations of the same "byeeee byeeee" sample throughout the song. Maybe I'm just too innocent?

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8186
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Different perspectives huh? I always assumed it was just moaning from some old grumble flick. My filthy mind, for shame.
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 698
Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Witto wrote:
Fireal420 wrote:
Witto wrote:Yo this is awesome! I never understood why people heard it as a moan, I always heard it as a little kid. Very cool :]



this thread is referring to the end of the track, the "bye,bye.bye". not the moaning samples


there is definitely a female moaning throughout dawn chorus. doubting they pulled that one from sesame street


big bird buys a hooker


I'm sorry maybe I'm just really stupid but I don't hear any moaning in the track at all. I always thought it was just variations of the same "byeeee byeeee" sample throughout the song. Maybe I'm just too innocent?


if you check out the link below, its for dawn chorus on youtube. i will basically just post the seconds marks in the video where you can listen and hear what sounds like a female moaning

the first time i can hear it is at the 0:47 second mark
0:47 seconds 1:00 1:06 it basically just keeps going just about every 10-20 seconds after that. i can definitely understand why it sounds like a child now that you say it though, but i think there's something about the undecipherable vocals of a female speaking that gives me the moans vibe. it sounds like a woman speaking french and getting nailed. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg0mDyelSrA


dawn chorus has a very very sadistic tone to it. whenever i hear it i immediately picture a fire-like bright orange sun breaking through a dark horizon with some type of old church tower in the background. their music has always put images of certain scenery in my head, yet there's always a feeling that goes along with the imagery, like its a mental image that somehow represents a certain longing feeling, its so hard to describe,

i guess ill go into it, since maybe some of you have it happen too. (this is off topic but the moderators will live)

its kind of like how when you picture your old memories in your head, like your first love, or your first memories of grade school or high school. the point is. you know how you get that nostalgic feeling and you can kind of go back in time with your mind. well when i listen to certain boc tracks, its like the song somehow has those feelings inside of them, and you can just kind of feel everything again by listening. like echus for example. right now i am sitting here typing this. i feel good, i am relaxed, but i will now put echus on and honestly feel a completely different sensation, its like the songs will somehow immediately transport my whole energy field into a different vibration.

and there it is, i just put on echus and feel as though i am immediately more centered, and even more relaxed that i was while typing that last statement. its amazing what music can do.

poppy seed just came on after echus and this is a completely different state of energy. its like paranoia in the forefront and relaxing sounds in the background

my profile photo to the left pretty much says it all. lol

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1090
Joined: 7 Mar 2012
Location: WMASS
Coming out of the darkness to say that the wailing during the melody is totally the same "bye's" as in the end of the song imo. Just stretched and warped. Either way, really fucking cool find.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Fireal420 wrote:

dawn chorus has a very very sadistic tone to it. whenever i hear it i immediately picture a fire-like bright orange sun breaking through a dark horizon with some type of old church tower in the background. their music has always put images of certain scenery in my head, yet there's always a feeling that goes along with the imagery, like its a mental image that somehow represents a certain longing feeling, its so hard to describe,

i guess ill go into it, since maybe some of you have it happen too. (this is off topic but the moderators will live)

its kind of like how when you picture your old memories in your head, like your first love, or your first memories of grade school or high school. the point is. you know how you get that nostalgic feeling and you can kind of go back in time with your mind. well when i listen to certain boc tracks, its like the song somehow has those feelings inside of them, and you can just kind of feel everything again by listening. like echus for example. right now i am sitting here typing this. i feel good, i am relaxed, but i will now put echus on and honestly feel a completely different sensation, its like the songs will somehow immediately transport my whole energy field into a different vibration.

and there it is, i just put on echus and feel as though i am immediately more centered, and even more relaxed that i was while typing that last statement. its amazing what music can do.

poppy seed just came on after echus and this is a completely different state of energy. its like paranoia in the forefront and relaxing sounds in the background

my profile photo to the left pretty much says it all. lol


Lol, very well put man. I feel the same way with a lot of BoC's material. It really is magical how vivid their music can be.

User avatar
Nova Scotia Robot
Status: Offline
Posts: 5086
Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Dude, you're awesome! Great find!
Image

Telepath
Status: Offline
Posts: 9999
Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Cosmic Manta. 85 posts and already legendary.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Also at the end of Sunshine Recorder! :)

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests