Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

sixtyniner wrote:
Valotonin wrote:(related to BOC)
If it exists, Fredd-e has cataloged it.

Fredd-E has actually been completely inactive on bocpages except for posting on the facebook page occasionally. The Societas x Tape page was created by other people, and even though I've talked with him about how behind the wiki is, he still hasn't added it to the "news" on the main page even though it's nearly been a whole year! He's done a lot of good for the wiki but I do find this a bit frustrating when he's the only admin.

Well life can be frustrating sometimes. bocpages is still my baby and I‘ve kept it running since 2005 and plan on keeping so for the foreseeable future. Other than that it’s low priority for me now due to life in general and personal stuff. But sometimes I like to post something on the Facebook page. Thanks for understanding.

Dayvan Cowboy
We do, and thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for the community, Fredd-e.

Boqurant
It doesn't say on bocpages, but the track after Jardim De Prazares is "Whispered Song" by Burundi Musiques Traditionnelles.

Boqurant
Sorry, I misunderstood completely.

Dayvan Cowboy
You know that platform that the band are standing on in the picture (Cement, Gravel, Rock) from Disney Land used, that entire thing disappears into the ground. It has some kind of plant feature on top. I think the band, using Disney's interconnected series of staff tunnels under the park, literally appear from the ground and start playing. I can imagine that is pretty special/magical for the youngsters.

Boqurant
Has anyone went through the Bosworth Backgrounds library in search for the fretless track? I've heard some stuff by them and it sounds really similar.

Boqurant
Especially the work of Anthony Mawer.

Happy Cycler
bungler666 wrote:Especially the work of Anthony Mawer.

I have done a little digging through Bosworth before. I will take another dive today.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada