Your Boards of Canada Collection

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
The paper of my Tomorrow's Harvest cd got stuck to a table and when I pulled it off, it tore the back cover right off. Trust me, I'd be pissed if it was any of other cd; but honestly, now my copy looks like one you'd find in a post apocalpytic world.

https://imgur.com/a/NH5b0tl

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:The paper of my Tomorrow's Harvest cd got stuck to a table and when I pulled it off, it tore the back cover right off. Trust me, I'd be pissed if it was any of other cd; but honestly, now my copy looks like one you'd find in a post apocalpytic world.

That is pretty beautiful, actually.

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Image

The bowl looks like a red cornea.
Does that album see through red eye?

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:The paper of my Tomorrow's Harvest cd got stuck to a table and when I pulled it off, it tore the back cover right off. Trust me, I'd be pissed if it was any of other cd; but honestly, now my copy looks like one you'd find in a post apocalpytic world.

Ha! That’s awesome... I accidentally left my custom Tomorrow’s Harvest cassette in the car in the hot sun and it warped the piss out of it all... sound and artwork haha... super sun-bleached and all warbled and blended and lower pitch

Posts Quantity
Soul_Slip wrote:

Ha! That’s awesome... I accidentally left my custom Tomorrow’s Harvest cassette in the car in the hot sun and it warped the piss out of it all... sound and artwork haha... super sun-bleached and all warbled and blended and lower pitch

That's awesome too. Honestly, it's funny how BOC is one of the only bands where the destruction of music is viewed as beautiful and so the destruction of their actual products actually fits in with their aesthetic.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:

That's awesome too. Honestly, it's funny how BOC is one of the only bands where the destruction of music is viewed as beautiful and so the destruction of their actual products actually fits in with their aesthetic.

Yeah and that’s why when some people, here and on Facebook, criticized me for recording TH to cassette through some of my vintage equipment, I laughed it off knowing they don’t really know. BoC love old warbled filtered and destroyed material... what I call “cupboard tapes” that one finds in old houses/abandoned buildings.... I have quite the collection of such odd finds lol

Posts Quantity
Soul_Slip wrote:Yeah and that’s why when some people, here and on Facebook, criticized me for recording TH to cassette through some of my vintage equipment, I laughed it off knowing they don’t really know. BoC love old warbled filtered and destroyed material... what I call “cupboard tapes” that one finds in old houses/abandoned buildings.... I have quite the collection of such odd finds lol

Tomorrow's Harvest probably sounds ten times better on cassette, especially broadcast out of an old car system. I've found that BOC sounds a lot more awesome on record players too. I have a fairly cheap one so the music sounds a bit wobbly. It produces an even more disorienting effect with Geogaddi playing on it.

Boqurant
Got myself my first BoC CD today :D

Posts Quantity
fefor wrote:Got myself my first BoC CD today :D

Grats! I have yet to own any on CD, but I got 'em all on vinyl (minus some rarities of course).

Enjoy Happy Cycling! That's a good track that I had to download separately.

Posts Quantity
Because we only live once in this world, I bought myself an Aquarius single. https://imgur.com/a/1t6rqSy You can go on discogs and see how much money I spent and how insane I am for doing so.

Track reviews:

Aquarius Version One: I could be imagining things but are the synths more mellow on this version? There's also a more lo-fi quality to the drums. I noticed the counting is different too. Like all the other Aquariuses I feel there is one for every occasion. The standard Aquarius is when you're just in a fun, casual mood. Version 3 is when you're lit and wanting to party (I'm going to play this as soon as BOC announce their next move) and Version 1 seems to be the chilliest of them all.

Chinook: I've always loved Chinook from the Boc Maxima rip but this one sounds a lot closer to something from Music Has The Right To Children and is even better. The synths sound a bit more hi-fi (though it could just be how low quality the Boc Maxima recording is) and the drums and all those various effects around them sound so much cooler too. As for the extra few minutes, to me, there are very few electronica groups who could last a few minutes on the sound of drum tracks alone but BOC are absolutely one of them. There's just something magical about their crunchy drum tracks that is near impossible to reduplicate.

On a random note, Chinook reminds me of the post apocalyptic vein they were going for with Tomorrow's Harvest but with the colorful synths of their classic period.

New Seed
I only have the Music Has The Right digipak, but I think about a year ago I got Peel Session off of Bleep.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada