Old Casettes

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: california
here are a couple quick photos I took of the copies of the tapes the little girl from the geogaddi cover gave me.

you can see that on the copy of boc maxima, they put some extra tracks on there for her. I put a pick over her name for obvious reasons.


Image Image

Image Image
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 738
Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Image

is 747 out yet?

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1555
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
so cool.

you should get a scan of that a few old tunes art!!

:D
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 746
Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Location: From The See
"colonel abrams remix... which we did as a joke..."

D:

But it was sooo cool and I like Abrams now!
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1037
Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Location: pen expers
hey dealer, if you don't mind me asking, how did you meet little girl from the geogaddi cover? and also, how long have you been in possession of these tapes?

what a fucking treasure.....
Image

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 365
Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Woah, amazing! Is the then-untitled/unfinished track something we've already heard in its finished form?

Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 218
Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
"C'est fini la comédie"
Last edited by the letter p on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1162
Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Location: Norfolk
dealer wrote:here are a couple quick photos I took of the copies of the tapes the little girl from the geogaddi cover gave me.

you can see that on the copy of boc maxima, they put some extra tracks on there for her. I put a pick over her name for obvious reasons.


Image Image

Image Image
:shock:
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp
Image

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Joined: 1 Apr 2008
Woah, that's pure magic in your hands.
dealer wrote:Image

I note a "Old Tunes Vol. 1" casette on that inlay. Is it that OTV1 we know? Is there a cover, too, we might see?
alone alive again

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 412
Joined: 30 Nov 2006
the letter p wrote:One question.
The cassette that says Old Tunes Vol 1 is laid out with the liner from A Few Old Tunes.

:?

Iv'e wondered before whether they are the same thing.
a few old tunes is old tunes volume 1
then we have old tunes volume 2

then we have the 35 untitled ones which have no pics or anything.
who decided to call these old tunes vol 1 in the first place?

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 865
Joined: 12 Jun 2007
Location: Gold A
rdy2bz wrote:Woah, that's pure magic in your hands.
dealer wrote:Image

I note a "Old Tunes Vol. 1" casette on that inlay. Is it that OTV1 we know? Is there a cover, too, we might see?


This is so cool!
Amazing..

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1162
Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Location: Norfolk
I just had to come back and have another look :shock: please make me some tapes i'll pay you!!! lol Anyway like Earthbound says AMAZING!!!
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp
Image

User avatar
Site Admin
Status: Offline
Posts: 5290
Joined: 25 Nov 2004
Location: Lowlands
You sir, are blessed!
Life is a Frequency

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 420
Joined: 5 Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA
That is so awesome! I wonder what unfinished track from the 'skam LP' (MHTRTC?) is on there.

Wicked sweet that you have those. Thanks for sharing those pictures!
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 679
Joined: 5 Jun 2009
I love you
No, I won't. Please go away. I don't like you.

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 4658
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Location: scorched hell
i guess i should go to the Corner For Bad BoC fans but i just don't care... :?
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal / you've never left / you've been here the whole time

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: california
To tell you the truth, I hadn't noticed the extra writing and bonus tracks thing until I took these pictures. so after doing so I checked out the 'As Yet Untitled' track and was amazed to hear an unfinished version of Kid For Today, which is one of my very very favorite tracks. I'm not going to post it, but I can tell you that it starts with the sound of the projector going alone without any music for a bit in the beginning. The rest of the song is similar to the released version with the mix being a little different and some extra synth sounds that they cut out.

also yes, the "A Few Old Tunes" is in fact Old Tunes Vol. 1.

a.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 380
Joined: 23 May 2007
oh my

dealer wrote:starts with the sound of the projector going alone without any music for a bit in the beginning. The rest of the song is similar to the released version with the mix being a little different and some extra synth sounds that they cut out.


i like that!
WOOP WOOP IT'S THE SOUND OF THE AGEISPOLIS

User avatar
Site Admin
Status: Offline
Posts: 5290
Joined: 25 Nov 2004
Location: Lowlands
dealer wrote:To tell you the truth, I hadn't noticed the extra writing and bonus tracks thing until I took these pictures. so after doing so I checked out the 'As Yet Untitled' track and was amazed to hear an unfinished version of Kid For Today, which is one of my very very favorite tracks. I'm not going to post it, but I can tell you that it starts with the sound of the projector going alone without any music for a bit in the beginning. The rest of the song is similar to the released version with the mix being a little different and some extra synth sounds that they cut out.

also yes, the "A Few Old Tunes" is in fact Old Tunes Vol. 1.

a.

It's good of you to not share the audio as its given as a present. I respect that, I wouldn't have done it either. But please don't hand out details I only can picture but never will be able to hear ;)
Life is a Frequency

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 3536
Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
dealer wrote:also yes, the "A Few Old Tunes" is in fact Old Tunes Vol. 1.

thanks for this valuable piece of information and thanks for sharing these pictures.. hi-res scans would be awesome, just an idea ;-)

will add the extra info to the bocpages soon

Next

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests