GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:So last time Warp did something like this was WARP20. For that, I remember that we got from BOC the new track 747 (in full, that is), a couple second loop from Spiro and then a bunch of tracks we've all heard before on compilations. Wonder if it'll be anything close to that this time.

This makes me excited but I'm still waiting on a full LP!

Given that Warp20 was only three years after TCH, I think they may have felt at the time that a smaller output on the compilation was more than sufficient.

I think the long period of silence might speak to what they have in store this time around. If not, it means that we likely have an album very close on the horizon also. Purely speculation, though.

Boqurant
zeoevil wrote:
Valotonin wrote:*raises hand*
I am free the entire weekend and have already promised to record the full audio for the benefit of people here who can't view it at the time. I will try and get a screen recorder set up on the chance that it is audiovisual as well.

I won't make it public, though, so PM me after the event for the link.

Just go ahead and put me on the list already.

same here :mrgreen:

Eagle Minded
Same for me. Will be at the Hellfest at that time, hard to follow an IDM stream while headbanging.

Boqurant
Considering NTS publish featured sessions, it's likely that WxAxRxP is going to be available after the broadcast has ended.

Just in case though, anyone can record the NTS stream with a command line tool called ffmpeg

Code: Select all
ffmpeg -i "https://stream-relay-geo.ntslive.net/stream" -c copy "ntslive.mp3"

Eagle Minded
fefor wrote:OH MY GOD I hope we get some of the tracks from the old live shows and unreleased stuff from BoC PLEASEEEEEE

BOC fans want literally only one thing, and it's AMAZING

Posts Quantity
Anyone notice how it was posted on their Instagram story 4 times? And then tweeted I believe 3 times.
bocupdates.com :)

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:Anyone notice how it was posted on their Instagram story 4 times? And then tweeted I believe 3 times.

4 albums 3 eps obv
it is just merely a new BoC sweater or cardigan

Eagle Minded
Can't believe it, its finally happening. we we're right for once. we fucking called it. wrong dates but who cares!!!

That barista was telling the truth.

That other guy from that label too!!

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:Who is going to bite the bullet and take the weekend off to record the whole thing for the enjoyment of those who have to work?

It is actually my Bday weekend! June 21 is my bday! BEST BDAY WEEKEND OF MY LIFE!!!!! HAHA!!!
also will do the same! Although i will be recording it straight to my Pioneer Rt-909 spec IV Reel to Reel! Then will have it pass through my interface to be catalogued digitally! If anyone wants that version later, pm me! This will be amazing! My best friend is coming up and we are going to work on a new Soul Slip album as well as have our own “Campfire Headphase” session!

Eagle Minded
sixtyniner wrote:Considering NTS publish featured sessions, it's likely that WxAxRxP is going to be available after the broadcast has ended.

Just in case though, anyone can record the NTS stream with a command line tool called ffmpeg

Code: Select all
ffmpeg -i "https://stream-relay-geo.ntslive.net/stream" -c copy "ntslive.mp3"

Sick! Thanks for that dude!!!!

Eagle Minded
I can totally imagine something like “and now a track from an upcoming new album by Boards of Canada” during this broadcast.

Break out those Rom Paul gifs everyone. This is not a drill!

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I can totally imagine something like “and now a track from an upcoming new album by Boards of Canada” during this broadcast.

Break out those Rom Paul gifs everyone. This is not a drill!
Yes!!! I Hope!

Eagle Minded
I'm actually playing a show on that Saturday, ironically enough I planned to play a BOC cover haha. Hopefully I don't miss it!
it is just merely a new BoC sweater or cardigan

Eagle Minded
Nottoolate wrote:I'm actually playing a show on that Saturday, ironically enough I planned to play a BOC cover haha. Hopefully I don't miss it!

Sweet dude! What venue arey ou playing at and what song are you planning on covering?

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:
zeoevil wrote:Who is going to bite the bullet and take the weekend off to record the whole thing for the enjoyment of those who have to work?

It is actually my Bday weekend! June 21 is my bday! BEST BDAY WEEKEND OF MY LIFE!!!!! HAHA!!!
also will do the same! Although i will be recording it straight to my Pioneer Rt-909 spec IV Reel to Reel! Then will have it pass through my interface to be catalogued digitally! If anyone wants that version later, pm me! This will be amazing! My best friend is coming up and we are going to work on a new Soul Slip album as well as have our own “Campfire Headphase” session!

Happy birthday for then!
How much tape will you require for 100 hours of audio? With me it is a tape change every twenty minutes/half an hour or so depending on whether I have set it to a lesser speed (That would be more than 200/300 reels!) Or do you just mean recording the BoC segment(s) of the event to Reel to Reel?

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:

Happy birthday for then!
How much tape will you require for 100 hours of audio? With me it is a tape change every twenty minutes/half an hour or so depending on whether I have set it to a lesser speed (That would be more than 200/300 reels!) Or do you just mean recording the BoC segment(s) of the event to Reel to Reel?

I do in fact have the amount of tape required for the entire series, I acquired a hefty donation from a now defunked analog recording studio in Minneapolis and they gave me boxes upon boxes of 10 10” reels of tape per box and same with 7” reels... all Maxell UD XL II... however, I only plan on recording the BoC, Aphex Twin, and Autechre segments.... or at least everything from BoC and some of those others....

Dayvan Cowboy
I think we should migrate to Nottoolate's 'BOC included in Warp30 streaming event' thread for the subject of Warp30 as this no longer falls under the category of speculation, but rather discussing a confirmed event.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:I think we should migrate to Nottoolate's 'BOC included in Warp30 streaming event' thread for the subject of Warp30 as this no longer falls under the category of speculation, but rather discussing a confirmed event.

Sounds good

Posts Quantity
This is all mega exciting, but what's this talk about an official BoC Instagram? I looked up both 'boardsofcanada' and 'boctransmission', and neither account is verified, or even followed by Warp. Is there another account I don't know about?

Sherbet Head
So BoC have a 2 hour slot on Sunday night :-) New album possibly box set listening party perhaps?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada