The Magic Window



Check out part 1 of a Twoism Records special Check out part 2 of a Twoism Records special

GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 276
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Location: On a beach in Argentina
Moloch wrote:Who's gonna check the likes ratio on their respective social media accounts outside of a few peeps from Twoism anyway?


So you're implying the world doesn't revolve around this community? How dare you!
˙dn ǝʞɐM
˙ǝıl ɐ sı ʇıppǝɹ

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 276
Joined: 27 May 2013
Location: Suffern, New York
Twoist wrote:Seems to me that these likes are gentle nudges from Warp's socials team along the lines of 'hey, see these fans? they keep asking for a new album and the label's accountants agree'
This is kinda what I meant, I forgot to explicitly say it but I doubt BOC has anything to do with personally managing their Instagram account and that Warp is in control here, at least for now

2020k wrote:What do you say about the posts they like on Twitter?

Are they just liking them because they genuinely like them or hinting? Is it Warp? Because some of these tweets about wanting a new album are being liked and...

I ran a social media account for something like Red Bubble and would have never liked tweets hinting at something like that unless it was about to happen and/or far enough along in the works.
I could be completely wrong but I feel like the brothers have a little more control with their Twitter, especially after seeing the Bowie tweet. Liking tweets about new music feels like an easy way to keep fans interested without contractually giving anything away that Warp might not want getting out yet. I'll admit band/musican PR/SMM is a vastly different world I myself still don't completely get lol

Moloch wrote:Don't think they need to gauge or monitor anything on social media to know that whenever they release anything with their name on it, it's gonna sell like hotcakes no matter what.

I don't think the brothers care about sales figures, but WARP obviously does.
A new BOC record would undoubtedly do well even without Instagram marketing, but it can't hurt to sink a little money into pushing it if Warp thinks a platform that's never been used to promote an album of theirs before is worth utilizing

Anyway yeah all speculative of course but I don't think it's too crazy to think that Warp is just feeling things out right now. Of course ultimately hoping all of this means something is coming :]
getin busty "Shit Head"
"Pearl Jam 2"

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 222
Joined: 13 May 2010
Location: FR
Apparently Bleep is restocking on the green two boys and full logo tees too. Didn't know they were out of stock.
Let's hope that means the Warp marketing guys are also working on other BOC-related stuff.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 444
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
BOC: "I'm shocked every time someone tells us our previous record is eight years old, it feels like a lot less than that, cause we've been very busy with things that's not of any business of the outside world."

Deja vu! XD

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Always the chance that the brothers and Ian Rankin know each other/or at least have cross paths at some point. Both used to live in Edinburgh (Rankin still does), and pretty sure they would have frequented a couple of the same pubs (given where they used they both used to be based).

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 444
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Stu808 wrote:Always the chance that the brothers and Ian Rankin know each other/or at least have cross paths at some point. Both used to live in Edinburgh (Rankin still does), and pretty sure they would have frequented a couple of the same pubs (given where they used they both used to be based).


Sorry for posting again so soon, (and thus pissing off that one guy) but who is Ian Rankin? I noticed the check mark next to his name and it made me wonder, should his message be considered even more important than a regular fan asking about a new album?

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 184
Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Location: Davenport, IA
Stu808 wrote:Always the chance that the brothers and Ian Rankin know each other/or at least have cross paths at some point. Both used to live in Edinburgh (Rankin still does), and pretty sure they would have frequented a couple of the same pubs (given where they used they both used to be based).


Ian replied to a comment on his post and said that he has never met the brothers and wouldn't know them by face. I don't think the brothers deliberately liked the tweet because it was from a verified user, I honestly don't think it means anything.
bocupdates.com :)

Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Joined: 22 Apr 2018
They probably liked that as it was from a high-profile writer from their hometown.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 444
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
https://www.beatink.com/products/list.php?artist_id=4

I've been monitoring the site for the Japanese label that releases Warp products and I noticed something in the release schedule. The releases skip from June to August. Only reason I find this interesting is because Warp are renewing BOC t-shirts in early July on Bleep.

Could we be in for a surprise release in July? Seems there might be a whole open month with no releases and it would be the perfect time to drop a BOC one.

This is probably a dead end and nothings happening, but hey, I'm just trying to give a little hope to the community. :)

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 184
Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Location: Davenport, IA
new like on twitter :)
bocupdates.com :)

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 368
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Location: Bloody France mate
Thought.

The brothers might have plenty of recorded music already, but they might be reluctant to release it since the novelty/aesthetics of TH were already a difficult pill to swallow for many fans.

They might be in a lose-lose situation: either they release another grim, cinematic and rather sinister album in the vein of TH (or simply improve on it) that's likely to deceive fans, or they rehash stuff from the past without really wanting to and fans end up disappointed anyway because it sounds forced & contrived.

That shit happens when you release so many great tunes and gather so many people around them. People are gonna want that exact same feeling from any new material, but that's never gonna happen.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Location: Virginia, USA
Moloch wrote:Thought.

The brothers might have plenty of recorded music already, but they might be reluctant to release it since the novelty/aesthetics of TH were already a difficult pill to swallow for many fans.

They might be in a lose-lose situation: either they release another grim, cinematic and rather sinister album in the vein of TH (or simply improve on it) that's likely to deceive fans, or they rehash stuff from the past without really wanting to and fans end up disappointed anyway because it sounds forced & contrived.

That shit happens when you release so many great tunes and gather so many people around them. People are gonna want that exact same feeling from any new material, but that's never gonna happen.
In other words; fans never know what they want. I agree with this sentiment, and as a result, I try to avoid speculating exactly what a new BoC album will be about- since I can only imagine disappointment when I realize my perfect BoC album isn’t what the Brothers are interested in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 444
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Moloch wrote:Thought.

The brothers might have plenty of recorded music already, but they might be reluctant to release it since the novelty/aesthetics of TH were already a difficult pill to swallow for many fans.

They might be in a lose-lose situation: either they release another grim, cinematic and rather sinister album in the vein of TH (or simply improve on it) that's likely to deceive fans, or they rehash stuff from the past without really wanting to and fans end up disappointed anyway because it sounds forced & contrived.

That shit happens when you release so many great tunes and gather so many people around them. People are gonna want that exact same feeling from any new material, but that's never gonna happen.


They've said several times that they don't look for feedback from fans and that they release things as if they had no fans. I'm not sure how much I believe that because I would be tempted myself to see what a forum of people thought about my art. I don't know how easily I could ignore it.

But they like to give off the air that they don't care in interviews at least.

Btw, what did they like on Twitter? I'm not on it and don't plan on joining that cesspool of negativity

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 184
Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Location: Davenport, IA
Two new likes... both speaking of a new album.
bocupdates.com :)

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Joined: 2 Mar 2020
The anticipation is palpable.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 331
Joined: 23 May 2013
JUST F*CKING DO IT YOU PAIR O C**TS!
You could feell the bullshit

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 350
Joined: 26 Aug 2018
Location: Gdańsk, Poland
they've had this habit of liking tweets for awhile, so nothing really revolutionary, but figured i'd share just for those that don't have twitter and can't see it/have forgotten to check lately. two news one as of yesterday

Image

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Location: Amsterdam
new Warp intern confirmed

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 444
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
I still think this is to replace MDG so he doesn't have to come on here and tell us there's a new album coming.

But I will just post these things to remind people that there might be something in the works:

-"Sit Tight" message from PIC

-An artist contacted Warp to ask BOC to remix some work and was told they were busy working on a project to do anything else

-A friend of the band from Edinburgh said last year "I have coffee with one of them nearly everyday. Your patience may well be rewarded"

Personally, I'm not counting the days anymore til a release (or even listening to the band at all) but I feel that some whispers and rumors across the internet may hold some truth one day.

"Here in the wind tunnel the fearful forces plot their pattern by proxy and one day we will know."

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 267
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
I would put money on this time next year we'll either have a new release or know for definite one is coming.

And I also strongly suspect one or more of the unidentified pieces from SXT will be on it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests