One on Twoism Volume 6 [Submission Topic]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Site Admin
I'm very proud to present yet another edition!

Audio Submission:
Although most of this may seem obvious, I advise you to read the following rules very carefully to avoid any unnecessary confusion or discussion. I strongly advise 'new' users who want to contribute to please read the original One on Twoism topics already in this subforum. They will give you a good idea of what One on Twoism is and what I hope this series will continue to be.

Ground Rules:
  • There is no maximum time limit or limit to the amount of tracks you send (keep it reasonable / don't send too much)
  • Your submission is and will be exclusive to the One on Twoism series.
  • Please tag your submissions exactly(!) like this: artist - songname (Twoism membername).
  • Submit in wav or lossless format (ie FLAC). If you have any questions pertaining to file formats, please feel free to ask.
    Please ensure the original file is at the very least a 44.1kHz / 16-bit stereo .wav recording (24-bit is preferred and strongly recommended) and that no dynamic compression or limiting has been applied to the stereo mix for the sake of loudness (don't worry if you mix through a bus compressor-that's fine). It is very difficult to restore the punch and transient attack of your material if it has already been severely brick-walled, so please refrain from limiting (or worse, clipping) your mixes before delivery, and ideally leave at least 2-3dB of headroom in your mixdowns.
  • Send a participation email to Image with your forum and artist name if you are going to submit a song for OoT6. This way I will not be surprised with an overload by the end of the deadline.
  • Aesthetics reserve the right to select which songs make the compilation.
  • Aesthetics reserve the right to alter your submission to fit the compilation.
  • DO NOT post your tracks in this topic or anywhere else.
Some special needs, however, are for an intro and perhaps some 'gap fillers' about 30 seconds or so in length. Feel free to come up with whatever you think will work well. Even minimal or voice only samples could be useful... Think intro, mitro, outro, voice, jingle.. anything!

Instructions for Submitting:

Send an email to Image with the subject exactly(!) like this: artist - songname (Twoism membername). Include a download link.
If you don't have the possibility to store the track somewhere for me to download then go to https://copy.com?r=TCAKRq/ (5Gb free webspace for you and me) and get an account and upload your track.

Once the track has been received you'll get a confirmation email. (This might take up a week)

What if:
  • There are too many contributions?
    I will decide which tracks make the compilation. (Generally, established members will receive preference.)

Audio submission deadline:
1st of March 2014

Artwork Submission:
Ground Rules:
  • Full design: front, inlay, back & CD.
    • Resolution: 300dpi
    • Format: png
    • Front cover width: 1423
    • Front cover height: 1411
    • Insert width: 1423
    • Insert height: 1411
    • Tray card (includes two spines) width: 1772
    • Tray card (includes two spines) height: 1385
    • Spine width: 74
    Download the other OoT artwork here to get an impression.
  • Send the font along with the artwork.
  • Allowing to let the crew edit and finalize your design.
  • A banner for promotion in the artwork style. (600x100 pixels)

You can post the artwork in this topic, however only full designs will be considered for the final design.
The community will pick their favorite design. There will be a poll(if needed) for the communtiy to vote once all submissions are in.

Artwork submission deadline:
1st of April 2014

Website Submission:
Ground Rules:
  • A fully working microsite isn't really necessary at this stage yet. A (layered) screenshot, drawing, whatever, of your idea will do as long as it is clear how it operates. A detailed example has more chance of becoming the microsite.
  • Some sort of reference to your programming skills is needed so I'm sure you are capable in building the microsite.
  • You can use the artwork/tracklist/info of the other OoT's to build the microsite or use artwork which get posted along the way in the artwork topic of OoT6. Once the artwork for OoT6 is ready I'll swap the artwork and change the theme.
  • The text shouldn't be integrated in the design. Experience has taught us that it is difficult to finetune the microsite. Once the tracklist and info is available it should be easy to modify it.
  • Prefered is an easy adjustable microsite so the final stages can be edited and tested by Aesthetics.

• DO NOT post the microsite/ideas in this topic.
  • Send your design, ideas to Image
  • Once I know which microsite to go for we'll work things out.

Website submission deadline:
1st of May 2014

Good luck and thanks for making this possible :D

Cheers!
Aesthetics

________________________________________________________________________________
Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Aesthetics on Sat May 31, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
awesome robin, I think I might just go for it this time around :)
how exciting!

Sherbet Head
hey, good luck for this release! :)

Eagle Minded
Oh sweet! I might actually submit something this time around. Exciting times!
member of pablo col.
https://www.pacol.bandcamp.com

Dayvan Cowboy
Like always I'm willing to help out with any development (programming) work related to the creation of the microsite.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Right. This year, I'm going to make some sounds.

Dayvan Cowboy
Count me in!
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Dayvan Cowboy
Damn, if only this announcement had come out over winter break..

Site Admin
Waterbagel wrote:Damn, if only this announcement had come out over winter break..

You still have got about 7 weeks left!

btw:
Aesthetics on sept 9 wrote:For all the curious spectators: the next volume will start at the end of this year or early next year! :D
Aesthetics on sept 18 wrote:After many requests the One on Twoism series finally is available on bandcamp!
http://twoismrecords.bandcamp.com/

Spread the word and let's all hype up for the next volume which will start in about 3 months.

Cheers!
How many signs does one need? ;)
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Ooh! Number 6! You've gotta go dark and evil this time! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:How many signs does one need? ;)

Haha obviously too many! :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
There aren't any stylistic guidelines that I can see. Past volumes did tend toward a more 'Boards of Canada' style. Are there any guidelines worth mentioning in this regard Aesthetics?

Also, is there a preferred BPM for submissions? Do you sometimes have to alter the BPM of tracks in their entirety to make them fit into the mix with other tracks, or do you only change the tempo initially for fade-ins and then taper it back to its actual tempo?

Thanks!
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Site Admin
Nice post Goiter :)
You and mechanismj just summed up all possible themes I had in mind. Let me start to reply to mechanismj: Thought about a dark and evil volume because this is volume 6 (666) but then I thought about the last BoC release and it is also a bit dark. Because we try to steer away from the BoC sound, for what is possible, it wouldn't be a good idea to copy that theme right away.

I've thought about a preferred BPM because it is way easier to wrap it all up into a consistent volume but then I thought to myself, do we really want a consistent volume and steer into a forced tempo and by that limit the artists their freedom/creativity? No, that won't work. Volume 5 ended up as a very appreciated coherent volume so why not let the artists "develop" the style again?

Goiter: I strive to not alter the songs at all or overlap them too long. The tempo of the songs more or less influence the flow of the mix in combination with their (mixable)style. This is also the reason why I have to leave out awesome tunes.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:Nice post Goiter :)
You and mechanismj just summed up all possible themes I had in mind. Let me start to reply to mechanismj: Thought about a dark and evil volume because this is volume 6 (666) but then I thought about the last BoC release and it is also a bit dark. Because we try to steer away from the BoC sound, for what is possible, it wouldn't be a good idea to copy that theme right away.

I've thought about a preferred BPM because it is way easier to wrap it all up into a consistent volume but then I thought to myself, do we really want a consistent volume and steer into a forced tempo and by that limit the artists their freedom/creativity? No, that won't work. Volume 5 ended up as a very appreciated coherent volume so why not let the artists "develop" the style again?

Goiter: I strive to not alter the songs at all or overlap them too long. The tempo of the songs more or less influence the flow of the mix in combination with their (mixable)style. This is also the reason why I have to leave out awesome tunes.

My tracks tend to straddle the line between light and dark (and what I'm making for this is no different) so hopefully it is emotionally ambiguous enough to find its place.

Happy Cycler
I'm gonna put my hand in this one fo sho.

I'm currently trying to write songs with guitar (an instrument I have pretty much no experience with), so expect some left field pieces from me!

Friendly Stranger
The deadline isn't too close, which means I'll definitely participate. Count me in !

(will probably use the same alias as the one I'm using right now as well)

Eagle Minded
I'm in this time. :)

Sherbet Head
8)

Site Admin
"Send a participation email to with your forum and artist name if you are going to submit a song for OoT6. This way I will not be surprised with an overload by the end of the deadline. "

I've only got 6 participation email / submissions by now, not including those who replied in the topic. What's up musicians? Will OoT6 only be like 15 minutes long? ;)
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Er, is there perhaps a way to publicize it as a banner on the main page (less cryptic than the current one)?

Next

Return to Twoism Records