The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
1969InTheSunshine wrote:You guys. I'm getting such warm fuzzies here. I can't wait for the code to be cracked.

And if BoC is reading this, just... thank you. :mrgreen:

Seriously. This whole thing is fucking phenomenal. At first I was a bit skeptical when the vinyl news dropped; worried it was going to be a gimmicky ploy by the label. But this has really unfolded into such a complex, well-coordinated, and meticulously planned mystery it's impossible not to be excited. The level of detail and cross-platform (video, radio, physical, typographical) distribution of hints that aren't overly obvious, yet are not immediately understandable is such an unexpected but appropriate return of a group we haven't heard a word from in 7 years. I'm stoked.

Eagle Minded
If it matters, I can clearly hear 3 numbers at the end of the clue they posted on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub89Yir ... C4EYFdsdFw

It sounds like 4 6 7. Starts right after 0:35.

The four might be a one, I can't hear it well.
7 is in a heavy german or austrian accent.
Last edited by cubistking1906 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Friendly Stranger
I rarely post but I always lurk on this forum. Just checking in to say hi BOC!

I've never been excited for new music ever!

Boqurant
cubistking1906 wrote:If it matters, I can clearly hear 3 numbers at the end of the clue they posted on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lub89Yir ... C4EYFdsdFw

It sounds like 4 6 7. Starts right after 0:35.

The four might be a one, I can't hear it well.
7 is in a heavy german or austrian accent.

I can hear something at the beginning of each clip, sometimes very clearly and sometimes faintly. I was wondering if this could be the "decoding key" or something?

Also maybe if ALLl the clips are overlapped it would be more clear?

Just a thought! :)

Eagle Minded
thingsthingsthings wrote:
1969InTheSunshine wrote:You guys. I'm getting such warm fuzzies here. I can't wait for the code to be cracked.

And if BoC is reading this, just... thank you. :mrgreen:

Seriously. This whole thing is fucking phenomenal. At first I was a bit skeptical when the vinyl news dropped; worried it was going to be a gimmicky ploy by the label. But this has really unfolded into such a complex, well-coordinated, and meticulously planned mystery it's impossible not to be excited. The level of detail and cross-platform (video, radio, physical, typographical) distribution of hints that aren't overly obvious, yet are not immediately understandable is such an unexpected but appropriate return of a group we haven't heard a word from in 7 years. I'm stoked.

you said it perfectly. i was actually at a point where i was sure that BoC was done and while a bit disappointed i accepted it because of all the great music we had to enjoy. but since the 20th my BoC boner has reached an all time new high. this album is going to be amazing regardless of whatever it contains on it because the lead up has been so fantastic that i dont think any "new" BoC could let me down

Posts Quantity
I've been collecting vids and pics and audio posted here for future memories, but I lost the links to the videos for the First (one in New York) and Second (One in Japan).

Does anyone have these, please?
P I S S

Eagle Minded
Just in case you all are interested, I saw an awesome article posted coincidentally the other day on an unrelated site about an American woman (Ana Montes) that worked for the US Department of Defense and was busted in 2001 for stealing top secret information and passing it to Cuba. What did she use to communicate with the Cubans? A shortwave radio numbers station.

Here's the whole article.

Dayvan Cowboy
TOYOTAセ&#1 wrote:I've been collecting vids and pics and audio posted here for future memories, but I lost the links to the videos for the First (one in New York) and Second (One in Japan).

The video for the 1st one is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4UCjjyr8U

Info on the 2nd are here: http://pitchfork.com/news/50443-second- ... -12-found/

As always, bocpages.org is your friend ;)

Eagle Minded
Wait, color me confused.. For the latest numbers, how was the twoism banner changed? How do they have access to that?

Posts Quantity
Magrathea wrote:
TOYOTAセ&#1 wrote:I've been collecting vids and pics and audio posted here for future memories, but I lost the links to the videos for the First (one in New York) and Second (One in Japan).

The video for the 1st one is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4UCjjyr8U

Info on the 2nd are here: http://pitchfork.com/news/50443-second- ... -12-found/

As always, bocpages.org is your friend ;)

Thanks. :)
P I S S

Dayvan Cowboy
Helios wrote:Wait, color me confused.. For the latest numbers, how was the twoism banner changed? How do they have access to that?

Obviously some of the admins know a bit more than they are willing to admit, or at the very least one of the site owner who has access to the code, images and a bit of know how is involved.

Eagle Minded
creativeowlet wrote:Also maybe if ALLl the clips are overlapped it would be more clear?

Just a thought! :)

intriguing.

Damn this is fun to watch.

Posts Quantity
Am I the only one who thinks this is being massively other thought? My theory is that the code of numbers we get at the end of it is going to be the albums title, it would be very BoC to do so, and I'd love telling people they need to listen to the new album and it's called "1,4, 7, 9 ......"

Just an idea, or should i say more an idea to stop me from going insane trying to work out what all this means!

Dayvan Cowboy
Does anyone have the original WAV files from the 628315 hint saved somewhere? I'd like to try a few things if I can download the originals (disabled on soundcloud)

Thank you!

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is being massively other thought? My theory is that the code of numbers we get at the end of it is going to be the albums title, it would be very BoC to do so, and I'd love telling people they need to listen to the new album and it's called "1,4, 7, 9 ......"

Just an idea, or should i say more an idea to stop me from going insane trying to work out what all this means!

I think that the details included in the original wav files on soundcloud are clear about at least a working title...

http://puu.sh/2H9xT.png

Boqurant
Magrathea wrote:
Twentington wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is being massively other thought? My theory is that the code of numbers we get at the end of it is going to be the albums title, it would be very BoC to do so, and I'd love telling people they need to listen to the new album and it's called "1,4, 7, 9 ......"

I think that the details included in the original wav files on soundcloud are clear about at least a working title...

http://puu.sh/2H9xT.png

I wonder if they meant to disclose that..

Boqurant
Magrathea wrote:Does anyone have the original WAV files from the 628315 hint saved somewhere? I'd like to try a few things if I can download the originals (disabled on soundcloud)

Thank you!

There were links in the comments to the BBBB.wav file...

Ah, here:

Posts Quantity
I seriously must stop going to sleep. I missed the whole live-action again.

Vostok wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12046541/banner1.gif

Someone on Facebook said they found this in that one twoism banner.

This is fantastic!

I'll explain how to get this image:
i) take your hex-editor
ii) notice that all gifs are v89a, so they start with the letters "GIF89a"
iii) go to the offset where the soundcloud links are hidden
iv) notice the "there is another" hint
v) which is followed by a GIF89a and some more binary stuff
vi) copy everything beginning from this GIF89a and paste it into a new file
vii) voila, the new file is the shown one.

So this is confirmed, the new numbers go into gap 2.
alone alive again

rdy2bz wrote:I seriously must stop going to sleep. I missed the whole live-action again.

This is fantastic!

i) take your hex-editor

Thanks for this clarification. Will edit it on bocpages later today. :)

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:
rdy2bz wrote:I seriously must stop going to sleep. I missed the whole live-action again.

This is fantastic!

i) take your hex-editor

Thanks for this clarification. Will edit it on bocpages later today. :)

What a guy. Can't thank you enough dude for keeping tabs on all this activity, woke up today having clearly missed a flurry of activity!! So cool, so so cool.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada