THANK YOU BOARDS OF CANADA!

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head

Happy Cycler
Boards of Harrison.

Eagle Minded
:lol:

I'd be more concerned though that he is having a crafty tug! :wink:
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Boqurant
mechanismj wrote:Boards of Harrison.

Here Comes the (Turquoise Hexagon) Sun

Sherbet Head
frank chipboard wrote:

Here Comes the (Turquoise Hexagon) Sun

oh my god, lmao
:lol:

Sherbet Head
Thank you, Boards of Canada. Thank you so much.
Viper.

Friendly Stranger
Thanks guys :)
Just ordered my copy and VERY much looking forward to the new album!

Also, thanks to Twoism for the great amount of effort and for being the best online community I know!

Site Admin
I really like to thank Boards of Canada for sharing their awesome tunes with the world! I'd also am very thankful for the way twoism.org got included in the most epic album announcement trip ever!

Through the years I've been in contact with MDG and he always tried his best to help us out to debunk rumors or provide us with inside information. Although I was convinced that he was the person he claimed to be, some members of the community weren't at all.
To debunk this for once and for all I requested some sort of proof in the form of an album announcement scoop. I (and Fredd-E for the bocpages) suggested a piece of artwork or a song title days in advance before an official album announcement. MDG told us that he would discuss this with the boys and do whatever he can to make this possible. I was prepared to blow the doubters away once there was something worth mentioning but never did I expect to be included in this mysterious trip like it did!!

I really would like to thank the people at Warp, Boards of Canada and of course mdg for making this possible! They managed to get a whole fan-base glued to the internet in order to solve this mystery. I will never forget this experience. :)

Last but not least I'd like to thank all the members of twoism for being the best online community ever. It seems that we not only share the love for Boards of Canada but we also are very like minded people who share a lot of similarities and interests with each other. To me this is the best place to discover new art and I am very proud to host it!

Mike and Marcus: Please continue to pleasure me with your music/art for as long as you are able to!
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
Here here how eloquently put, long may twoism reign :D

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:I really like to thank Boards of Canada for sharing their awesome tunes with the world! I'd also am very thankful for the way twoism.org got included in the most epic album announcement trip ever!

Through the years I've been in contact with mdg and he always tried his best to help us out to debunk rumors or provide us with inside information. Although I was convinced that he was the person he claimed to be, some members of the community weren't at all.
To debunk this for once and for all I requested some sort of proof in the form of an album announcement scoop. I (and Fredd-E for the bocpages) suggested a piece of artwork or a song title days in advance before an official album announcement. mdg told us that he would discuss this with the boys and do whatever he can to make this possible. I was prepared to blow the doubters away once there was something worth mentioning but never did I expect to be included in this mysterious trip like it did!!

I really would like to thank the people at Warp, Boards of Canada and of course mdg for making this possible! They managed to get a whole fan-base glued to the internet in order to solve this mystery. I will never forget this experience. :)

Last but not least I'd like to thank all the members of twoism for being the best online community ever. It seems that we not only share the love for Boards of Canada but we also are very like minded people who share a lot of similarities and interests with each other. To me this is the best place to discover new art and I am very proud to host it!

Mike and Marcus: Please continue to pleasure me with your music/art for as long as you are able to!

Pretty cool how they came up with the banner clue upon your request just days in advance. I'd like to thank you Aesthetics for hosting what has got to be one of the best fan forums in the world. And of course the two chaps that make all of this possible, Mike and Marcus.

Happy Cycler
Oh go on then, I'll chime in....

Thank you for - along with My Bloody Valentine earlier in the year - really reigniting not only my love for music (which never really went away), but the sense of excitement and anticipation about new releases - something which I haven't really felt for years. Whether that's due to the sheer accessibility of so much music now, or just getting a bit older I don't know. But the fact that I'm not only looking forward to a new album coming out in a month's time, but I'm planning exactly how I'm going to get my hands on a copy, I think speaks volumes.

Thanks for the thrill of the chase.

And while I'm at it, thanks to Aesthetics for running this little corner of the internet. I feel like I'm part of the furniture here now :)

New Seed
Thanks to BoC and the Twoism community !
The key/clue and the information hidden in the GIF banner was both genius and touching.

Keep up the good work, BoC !
Cheers.

Dayvan Cowboy

Marcus looks like George Harrison looks like Dave Ghrol. Mental.

Happy Cycler
Thank you, as always, BoC, for being who you are.

And thank you Twoism for being who YOU are.

And I'm super glad all the code-cracking BoCheads got to binge out on this whole secret internet thingy; it seems like exactly what you guys were all hoping for, a crazy ride to be taken on.

Me, I just like the music, so... I guess I'm glad that I didn't have to figure anything out or assemble a password just to order the album. Still friends?

I'm still allowed to call myself a BoC fan if I didn't even put one iota of effort into worming down the rabbit hole this time, right? :) My attitude from start to finish was basically "Eh, if it's gonna happen, it'll happen" and lo and behold, it did.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
ok man
boc are neat
that's it

Eagle Minded
I could rave on endlessly but I'll just keep this somewhat succinct.

Boc introduced me to the true wonders of electronic magic, and I've never looked back. This music has increased my passion for life, art, and beauty in all their forms. I wouldn't be making the kind of music that I do today if weren't for the brothers showing me that it is possible to make such beautiful/sublime/terrifying/magical tunes. So thank you Mike, and thank you Marcus for providing such fantastic journeys for all these years. All that work is greatly appreciated and I'm really infinitely thankful.

New Seed
PlacentaSand wrote:really looking forward to why they chose San Francisco for the album cover.. i hope we dont all die over here in California..

Maybe something to do with Tycho? I would find it hard to believe the 3 haven't talked.

Someone asked Tycho on his reddit AMA if he would like the work with BOC and he replied "I don't think the ball's really in my court on that one. Of course I'd love to though, who wouldn't?"

Eagle Minded
I'm glad this place exists. I love everyone of you, and of course you Mike and Marcus.
Nyetscape.bandcamp.com
Nyetscape.tumblr.com

Sherbet Head
Thank you BOC and thank you Twoism :)

And yeah.. the banner was especially thrilling for me as it was one of the 2 designs I did for this site a few years ago... to see it tampered with and used for the new album's campaign was totally surreal and brilliant. I'm glad we have the minds on this forum that cracked all the clues - what an incredible bunch of people!

Sherbet Head
Thanks guys. Not going to get all mushy, but hats off on everything. Aside from all the wonderfulness over the years prior to TH, thank you for the amazing unveil and corresponding ride this year. You've created the most memorable part of my musical life (some 19 years of following music intently).

Anyway- thank you.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada