[debunked] bunker.co.uk New mystery

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
mdg has pointed to this new address:

http://www.bunker.org.uk/

I'm asuming his nickname is protected on IRC and requires a login, and is therefore not a poser. What do you think? Are they releasing a track to preview?

EDIT: A whois lookup reveals the following:

Registrant:
AuthorDocs Limited

Trading as:
Brian Curd

Registrant type:
Other UK Entity (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)

Registrant's address:
35 Forest Road
Sandown
Isle of Wight
PO36 0JY
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Heart Internet Ltd t/a Heart Internet [Tag = HEARTINTERNET]
URL: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 01-Jun-1999
Expiry date: 01-Jun-2013
Last updated: 30-Jun-2012

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns.mainnameserver.com
ns2.mainnameserver.com

WHOIS lookup made at 00:58:53 09-May-2013

Posts Quantity
What if someone just replicated the original script from cosecha-transmisiones.com and launched this bunker.org.uk website? Is this technically possible? I really wonder why this address doesn't have the usual Hexagon Sun whois.

Sherbet Head
i posted that on the 'who is domain' thread too but someone found that already 2 days ago and posted here. i thought i found something new but...
i tried to log in but it seems like its just the company behind the design or something, OP also suggested Echelon .
i dunno, i doubt its going to be used for anything boc

Eagle Minded
scotland's secret bunker?

Eagle Minded
Ottomatik wrote:What if someone just replicated the original script from cosecha-transmisiones.com and launched this bunker.org.uk website? Is this technically possible? I really wonder why this address doesn't have the usual Hexagon Sun whois.

Yes, that is indeed possible.

Sherbet Head
ah here, it was Twoist who found it yesterday on the The 6-number sequence as it stands thread.

"All this talk of nuclear hilarity is intriguing.

Has anyone visited http://www.bunker.org.uk ? Looks familiar, yeah?

The WHOIS points to 'Echelon Systems'. Not that it gives anything away, but I'm assuming this is the design company who came up with the VMS login idea."

Posts Quantity
Radiobuzz wrote:mdg has pointed to this new address:

http://www.bunker.org.uk/

I'm confused, where did he point this out? I can't see it in his posts. Was it on watmm? Or did he delete it? Sorry if I'm being a div.

Eagle Minded
User modman said here that mdg said so on IRC, however I have just logon to the chat (assuming is on EFnet) and 'mdg' is not password protected so it is probably just a fake. Sorry!

Eagle Minded
Here's the log:

[19:35:02] mdg!2e077d73@gateway/web/freenode/ip.46.7.125.115 joined
<mdg> [19:35:31] http://www.bunker.org.uk
[19:35:51] mdg!2e077d73@gateway/web/freenode/ip.46.7.125.115 quit with message: [Client Quit]

I checked that IP and it's in Dublin. Anyone know if MDG is in Dublin? Even if he is, it could have just been someone on a proxy.

Radiobuzz wrote:User modman said here that mdg said so on IRC, however I have just logon to the chat (assuming is on EFnet) and 'mdg' is not password protected so it is probably just a fake. Sorry!

It's not on efnet, it's on freenode.

Edit: oh derp modman already gave a log

Friendly Stranger
Ender wrote:Here's the log:

[19:35:02] mdg!2e077d73@gateway/web/freenode/ip.46.7.125.115 joined
<mdg> [19:35:31] http://www.bunker.org.uk
[19:35:51] mdg!2e077d73@gateway/web/freenode/ip.46.7.125.115 quit with message: [Client Quit]

I checked that IP and it's in Dublin. Anyone know if MDG is in Dublin? Even if he is, it could have just been someone on a proxy.

Radiobuzz wrote:User modman said here that mdg said so on IRC, however I have just logon to the chat (assuming is on EFnet) and 'mdg' is not password protected so it is probably just a fake. Sorry!

It's not on efnet, it's on freenode.

Edit: oh derp modman already gave a log

Here's a screen shot Image

Someone had and archive site running but I don't remember the URL

Dayvan Cowboy
This is so stupid, you can appear under any name on IRC, so there's no reason to suspect that's the real MDG. The "ARG" is finished now, this is just someone who's swiped the javascript off the cosecha site and is trying to troll.

Edit: Someone, I might add, who sucks at coding. The original script takes the password you enter and passes it to "password.php" which checks the password and gives you a pass or a fail. Unlike Javascript which runs in the browser, PHP files are executed on the server and you only ever see their output, not the source behind them. This website has a password.php, but the web server isn't configured to run it, so it happily gives it to you as source code. This is a massive, and pretty dumb security mistake.

(Not that it matters, but password.php seems to be code for a terminal emulator, which I'm guessing they just nicked from somewhere. In fact, I'd go as far as to say they took the javascript off cosecha, stuck it on a website, noticed that when you type a password it complains about a missing password.php, and then googled "PHP terminal emulator" and downloaded the first bit of code they found, stuck it on their website, had no clue how to make it work and thought "meh, close enough".)

Fail.

Hexagon Sun Official
That is fake.

Dayvan Cowboy
mdg wrote:That is fake.

thank you.
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Eagle Minded
mdg wrote:That is fake.

It is done

:D

Sherbet Head
The nerve of some people...
ImageImage

Sherbet Head
I agree, anyone could have posted there as him, could have done so myself. Just some guy winding ye up trying to get ye back on the hunt. I think it's all done now, besides a little bit of waiting ;)

Sherbet Head
i personally. hope that none of the music is released until the album comes out.

more promotion would be cool. but i hope they dont release a single or anything until the album arrives.

in my opinion i would like for myself, and other BOC fans to hear the album as one whole complete piece of art.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hard to believe that mdg will have been a member for 5 years, the week after TH comes out - and this is the first time there's been new material out since he registered!

I don't know what you'll do with yourself now that you won't have to say "something new is coming, I promise!" every 2 weeks brother!

Happy Cycler
Don't worry - I'm sure the questions about the next release will start up again not long after Tomorrow's Harvest is released...

Eagle Minded
Fireal420 wrote:i personally. hope that none of the music is released until the album comes out.

more promotion would be cool. but i hope they dont release a single or anything until the album arrives.

in my opinion i would like for myself, and other BOC fans to hear the album as one whole complete piece of art.

i... i just need one to hold me over till june, man... just a short one...
MUSIC 70 IN THE HOUSE

Next

Return to Boards of Canada