Old Tunes and BOC Maxima cassettes for sale on ebay

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
The condition of these are also questionable, the buyer may be in for rough ride and will be no more an improvement than whats out there so that hopeful bonus is a gamble - bidders will consider this and where money is involved, details are scrutinised.

The grading on both Old Tunes are: Good
but the exact same grading in the comments for both say,"The condition is Very Good" - so which is it?

oh i'm sure its not to mislead of course espeically on those 2 tapes that are most wanted :lol: as the grading on Boc Maxima is: Good and the comments say "The cassette itself is in Good Condition " yea thats a more accurate description

Good but not Good enough :D

Sherbet Head
i think Opethecary may have been comparing that label to Warp, in which case 'second tier' would apply.

Friendly Stranger
Weird, seller has cancelled some auctions - notably the Old Tunes tapes (I was a bidder).

Friendly Stranger
perhaps finally someone has stepped in?

Dayvan Cowboy
Well shit, I was the high bidder on the three tapes! ARRAHRGAHGRJSGJGGH!JB!@!##@#!

Posts Quantity
Looks like all 3 were canceled. What a boctease.

Dayvan Cowboy
"Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids."

And.. that's probably all we'll get.

Boqurant
They probably received a message from Mike and Marcus ;)

Posts Quantity
wwbjd wrote:"Explanation: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids."

And.. that's probably all we'll get.

The real story: she was paid a visit by BoC's private paramilitary force, Whitewater, who made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

Dayvan Cowboy
"The tapes have now been exchanged privately to a undisclosed seller. All three tapes are now not available."

Sherbet Head
wwbjd wrote:"The tapes have now been exchanged privately to a undisclosed seller. All three tapes are now not available."

is that statement meant to be clever or just a typo? not you wwbjd, the seller not buyer bit.

it would avoid embarassement thought on their part :lol:

Christies of London was it? :lol:

Friendly Stranger
wwbjd wrote:"The tapes have now been exchanged privately to a undisclosed seller. All three tapes are now not available."

did you message the seller?

Posts Quantity
LWTUA wrote:

did you message the seller?

He was just making up a possible excuse the buyer might give for shutting down the auctions.

Dayvan Cowboy
That was Rixxx's post on WATMM. Was a typo on their part (seller instead of buyer).

Posts Quantity
wwbjd wrote:That was Rixxx's post on WATMM. Was a typo on their part (seller instead of buyer).

Ooh, interesting. Must have been someone important (related to Warp or the band) for her to shut down the auctions entirely instead of letting them run their course. That, or they made some crazy high offer, but if that was the case I don't see why they wouldn't have just made it as a bid instead.

Hmmm. Wonder if Warp/MDG bought these back then??

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Sigh, would've liked to have seen what these reached at auction. I highly doubt it was MDG or anyone related to the band that has privately bought them. I imagine they'd just politely ask for them to be taken down if they were worried about this auction, rather than buying them back.

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:Hmmm. Wonder if Warp/MDG bought these back then??

That's my guess, but I can't fathom why they're so obsessive about keeping these tapes out of the hands of some superfan with too much money. The actual music on the tapes has been out in the wild for years.

MindElevation wrote:Sigh, would've liked to have seen what these reached at auction. I highly doubt it was MDG or anyone related to the band that has privately bought them. I imagine they'd just politely ask for them to be taken down if they were worried about this auction, rather than buying them back.

I don't know about you but it would take more than just polite words to get me to shut down a transaction worth thousands of dollars.
Last edited by GeogEddie on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Hmmm. Wonder if Warp/MDG bought these back then??

Sounds quite reasonable.
ImageImage

Friendly Stranger
I messaged the seller early on in the auction to check that she would let them run (ie not close early for off site offers) and she said that she would unless they got pulled....

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada